TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Elite XC Saturday March 29th. San Jose, CA

I thought Shamrock probably had the third. It was mostly a sparring bout until Shamrock landed that good right hand, after which he flurried and connected with a few shots including two nice elbows. Cung did have the kick at the end of the round that wobbled Frank, but I thought Frank did the most damage in the 3rd.

Thinking about it now almost seems as if Shamrock fought this fight in a way which would ensure a rematch and hence, a bigger payday. But that's just the conspiracy theorist in me talking.

Once again I really couldn't stand how biased the announcers were for this fight! It reminded me a lot like Ortiz/Griffin.

Everytime Cung Le landed one of his weak kicks, the announcers would blow a load, and when Shamrock would land they completely ignored it! It almost does fucking feel like some big bullshit scam.

I can't wait to see Yves Edwards submit KJ Noons in June though.

Marlon Sims got KO'd last night... Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Which means that the guy that beat Sims could beat the 300+ plus street fighters that Marlon beat up as well

Honestly, I think Marlon Sims was the biggest douchebag in the history of TUF... Even bigger douchebag that Noah from TUF3 and Jeremy Jackson from TUF4.

IMO, Shamrock lost because he went out there with something to prove, rather then to just use his all-around superior skills to win the fight. Considering he almost knocked out Cung Le fighting Cung Le's type of fight. It is almost like Shamrock was trying to slowly spin a web to catch Cung Le in, but on the way to that his arm got broken. I mean it is Shamrock's fault he didn't press the action in rounds 1 & 2.

If you actually have Showtime, I believe they replay old EliteXC cards from time to time. I'd check their website.