TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

A 24/7 Subfolder

We have monthly threads for WWE 24/7 On Demand content. I thought it might be a good idea to start a new subholder, providing different threads for each major show. It would allow more organized discussion and provide an easy reference point for shows in the future. Any thoughts?

I'm in favor. I enjoy the monthly threads, but it can get congested with all the content 24/7 throws at the viewers certain months. Ideally, I think a thread dedicated to each section every months (i.e. Legends for April 2008) would work best.

I don't know, we actually seemed to have a drop off in thread activity since flairfan cancelled his subscription... but maybe that's not a bad thing.

So, here's how my breakdown would be - feel free to approve or have other ideas:

24/7 Sub-Folder:

- Pinned: "24/7 General Discussion for <month / year>" - discuss the posted schedule and general comments about 24/7, "Troubleshooting".

- 24/7 Online - <month / year> Line-up

- 4 threads for the 4 categories - if we find there is a lot of talk in a month, make them monthly threads. If each section only gets a page or two a month, make them permanent discussion threads (which I actually like as it would allow someone to make a comment on a show from a previous month if they had something to say about it in a new month without bumping an outdated thread).

I'm not a big fan of General Discussion threads as it is. The way I see it, I would have separate threads for big events like Wrestlemania 2 and Wrestlemania 18 this month. Television shows would get ongoing threads, one for Raw, one for Nitro, ECW, Championship Wrestling from Florida, World Class, etc. I think that with separate threads, it will encourage activity as we can make specialized points rather than the "I watched X, it was good," posts that we tend to see now. That's not interesting to read. If someone takes the effort though to break down major shows, we have something going. Perhaps encourage King to cross post his blog reviews as well.

So where would one (and by one I mean me) take the time to read Sunflower's schedule, cross reference it with WWE.com and HotWWE and post a week by week breakdown with brief synopsi in this new land? I really enjoy doing that and while "Wow WrestleWar 90 is airing next month!" maybe isn't that exciting, it's a good reaction to people seeing WWE.com's month ahead schedule, you know?

So where would one (and by one I mean me) take the time to read Sunflower's schedule, cross reference it with WWE.com and HotWWE and post a week by week breakdown with brief synopsi in this new land? I really enjoy doing that and while "Wow WrestleWar 90 is airing next month!" maybe isn't that exciting, it's a good reaction to people seeing WWE.com's month ahead schedule, you know?

Probably a pinned programming thread of some sort. Or a general discussion thread about upcoming shows.

Perhaps encourage King to cross post his blog reviews as well.

Don't need to be encouraged. I'd gladly do it.

I get it and think it's a good idea - I guess originally I was trying to say the monthly chatter would become "General Discussion", which although you said you dislike that tag it sounds like the idea of keeping the existing thread is more or less the same idea.

This could have very good results.

Love the WWE 24/7 idea folder idea. Would be it feasible just a one big mega wrestling forum with the 24/7 sub folder, an Indy/Foreign sub folder, Old School sub folder? The main folder would be discussing WWE, TNA, ROH shows, news, results. etc. And I second the elimation of the CTDWAT threads. It doesn't foster good discussion. I kinda like the DVDVRMB organization of the wrestling sand would like to see it here.