TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

WWE.com Legacy

Yep...that battle royal also has everybody going after recent Royal Rumble winner, Shawn Michaels at the beginning and HBK getting out of harm's way by throwing himself over the top. Fun match.

I remember a 10-man battle royal on WCW Pro the week before WW3 95 in which Dusty was driving Cruise/Larry Z nuts w/ his pick being jobber Nasty Ned. In fairness, the other wrestlers were Frankie Lancaster, Mark Starr, the State Patrol, Dave Sullivan, Disco Inferno, and a couple others of that ilk.

I remember that battle royal. It was obvious Disco was winning considering the star power in the match although the end was weird with the State Patrol pushing each other and getting mad at each other allowing Disco to win. Tag team partners fighting was just really odd to me at the time since I had just gotten into wrestling.

They've started doing polls to vote for your favourite match from each WrestleMania - what are the chances of them including Benoit's matches in the polls once they get to Mania 16?

None & nil I would think. Especially since they went all out to make sure the RR matches from 04-07 were not offered.

And of course WW3 from this month.

I looked for a list for Hotbeds: Florida. Apologies if this has been posted before.

Matt Hardy vs. MVP (No Mercy 2007)

Mike Graham vs. Bob Bradley (MSG 10/17/83)

Michelle McCool vs. Natalya (No Mercy 2008)

Paul Orndorff vs. Arn Anderson (Clash of the Champions XI)

The Big Show vs. Eddie Guerrero (No Mercy 2003)

They have pretty much confirmed on the WWE Universe forums that they will begin airing Superstars in April to go with the new show that starts on WGN.

Here is the first update for this month (great selection)

Raw: Episode 64

May 23, 1994 | Approx. run time: 36 mins.

Raw kicks off with a King of the Ring Qualifying Match between Owen Hart and Doink the Clown. Who’s going to secure a spot in the prestigious tournament? On the King’s Court this week, Jerry Lawler will interview Lex Luger but he also has a surprise second guest. Finally, a very young Matt Hardy makes his Raw debut against Nikolai Volkoff.

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 32

April 12, 1987 | Approx. run time: 37 mins.

The British Bulldogs and Killer Bees highlight tag team action on Wrestling Challenge. You can also catch Butch Reed and Hall of Famer, King Harley Race. Ron Bass makes an appearance on the Snake Pit and there will be tons of backstage interviews with your favorite WWE stars from the ‘80s.

Tokyo Dome - Bret Hart vs. Tiger Mask II

April 13, 1990 | Approx. run time: 21 mins.

WWE.com Legacy uncovered this classic encounter from the Tokyo Dome. This match is so rare that we got brand new commentary for it! Matt Striker and Josh Mathews divulge you in all the details of this match! Exclusive commentary from Matt Striker and Josh Mathews included.

Primetime Wrestling - Demolition vs. British Bulldogs

November 8, 1988 | Approx. run time: 27 mins.

The WWE Tag Team Championship is on the line in France. Will Demolition be saying adieu to their titles? Find out in this fantastic tag team attraction.

Nitro - Lance Storm vs. Konnan

October 11, 2000 | Approx. run time: 4 mins.

Although they were only months away from going out of business, WCW was still touring world-wide. They even taped an episode of Monday Nitro from Australia. One of the matches from the show was a United States Championship match between Lance Storm and Konnan. Find out if the titles will change hands Down Under.

Canadian Stampede - Taka Michinoku vs. The Great Sasuke

July 6, 1997 | Approx. run time: 10 mins.

This match was a precursor to the Light-Heavyweight Division in the WWE. Taka Michinoku and The Great Sasuke were new to the WWE Universe when they had this match. As it turned out, it was one of the most popular matches of the evening!

Raw - The Rock vs. Vader

February 26, 1997 | Approx. run time: 10 mins.

The European Championship was decided in Germany on this episode of Raw. The Intercontinental Championship was also on the line as The Rock defended against Vader. Would there be two new champions on this historical evening?

Legion of Doom vs. Hulk Hogan & Genichiro Tenryu

March 30, 1991 | Approx. run time: 16 mins.

This is one of the most memorable matches from any WWE Japan tour. Relive this tag team match with special commentary from Jim Ross and Road Warrior Animal. The following video is rated TV-14.

Battle Royal at Albert Hall - Ric Flair vs. Tito Santana

October 3, 1991 | Approx. run time: 20 mins.

This is a rare battle between Hall of Famers Ric Flair and Tito Santana at the famous Royal Albert Hall. London has been treated to many classic matches in the last 20 years and this one is certainly no different.

Global Warning Tour - Chris Jericho vs. Edge

August 10, 2002 | Approx. run time: 22 mins.

Edge and Chris Jericho always had great matches with each other but when they competed in Melbourne they delivered a classic. Find out which Superstar would come out on top during the Global Warning Tour.

Looks like they have dropped adding a schedule for the full month as well but if I've understood their preview correctly it looks like they will be airing this full show from South Africa (or if not the full show they are definitely airing Bret vs. Austin)

WWF @ Sun City, South Africa - September 14, 1996

Televised on SuperSport - featured Jim Ross & Owen Hart on commentary:

Crush vs. Aldo Montoya

Yokozuna vs. the Sultan

Godwinns vs. New Rockers

Savio Vega vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Marc Mero vs. Davey Boy Smith

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin

Per Legacy, they're just airing Hart/Austin. The sicko in me really wants to see Yokozuna vs The Sultan.

As for SuperStars, they'll be starting at December 1990 as to not have to blur the blue banners.

I'm actually relieved they're not starting at 1986. I really don't feel like going through the road to WrestleMania III all over again.

The archive is updated.

Always great to hear Stevie Ray doing commentary (Storm/Konnan). Unfortunately, I didn't catch him referencing yaks.

Speaking of which (commentary, not yaks), I got a chuckle out of this Monsoon/Heenan exchange during Tito's entrance for his match vs Flair . . .

Heenan (half-serious, half-smartass tone): He's always in great shape, knows how to wrestle, knows how to fight, does his homework, championship caliber

Monsoon: Now you're going to bury him

Heenan: I'm not going to bury him . . . just don't eat dinner at his house, you'll get heartburn.

Hart/Tiger Mask was pretty good. Started out a little slow but picked up nicely by the end. One of those matches you see listed on Cawthon's site and wonder how in the world did that play out. Striker imploring the WWE Universe to find out more about Misawa on wwe.com made me laugh.

And my o my, was Vince ever PUMPED to start the 5/23 Raw. Whenever he blurts out the word FUN, I smile.

The double press slam spot LOD pulled off on Hogan/Tenryu was quite the sight. Hawk looked freaky w/ the bladejob mixed w/ the facepaint. Granted, they went all black & white whenever the camera was tight on the blood. I don't actively like it but it doesn't bother me as much as most I'd imagine.

-------------------------------

W/ the spirit of the earlybird getting the worm, here's the 2/9 update a day early:

SmackDown - Carlito vs. Rey Mysterio

October 14, 2004 | Approx. run time: 13 mins.

We head to England for a more recent match between Carlito and Rey Mysterio. The United States Championship is on the line. Who will board their plane back to the States with the Championship?

Tokyo Dome - Mr. Perfect/Rick Martel vs. King Haku/Jumbo Tsuruta

April 13, 1990 | Approx. run time: 12 mins.

Matt Striker and Josh Mathews return to commentary for another memorable encounter from Tokyo. Will Hall of Famer Mr. Perfect lead his team to victory or can Japanese Legend Jumbo Tsuruta get a win in front of his home crowd?

Bonus Feature: Alternate commentary from Matt Striker and Josh Mathews

Home Video - Rockers vs. Rougeaus

October 13, 1989 | Approx. run time: 16 mins.

Witness a fantastic tag team encounter from Paris. Both teams will need the crowd’s support in this match, but only one will win them over. As you will see, the WWE Universe will be part of this match like never before!

IWGP World Champion The Great Muta vs. Masahiro Chono

January 4, 1993 | Approx. run time: 15 mins.

Catch this great match from the WCW Japan Supershow. While there’s been limited exposure of these two Japanese stars in the past on WWE.com Legacy, you can now relive one of their most classic battles in Japan.

Prime Time Wrestling - Rockin' Robin vs. Sensational Sherri

November 8, 1988 | Approx. run time: 16 mins.

WWE.com Legacy heads to Paris,to see Rockin’ Robin challenge the WWE Women’s Champion Sensational Sherri for the title. Will the title change hands overseas? Watch to find out.

The Fink's Hall of Fame Selection: Ernie Ladd vs. Bruno Sammartino

March 1, 1976 | Approx. run time: 10 mins.

Ernie Ladd is featured this week by The Fink. Watch Ladd try to defeat one of the toughest opponents to ever grace a WWE ring, Bruno Sammartino. Which Legend will leave Madison Square Garden the winner?

Introducing: Piper's Pit

February 9, 2009 | Approx. run time: 7 mins.

“Rowdy” Roddy Piper sits down with WWE.com Legacy to discuss the most popular talk show in WWE history: Piper’s Pit. Not only will you visit two of the earliest Pit’s, you’ll hear exclusively from Roddy Piper which one was his least favorite. This candid interview can only be found on WWE.com Legacy.

Bonus Features: Exclusive interview with Hall of Famer, Roddy Piper.

Legacy of the Intercontinental Championship: Part XX

February 9, 2009 | Approx. run time: 42 mins.

The 20th edition of Legacy of the Intercontinental Championship features Razor Ramon defending the title against some of his toughest challengers ever. King Kong Bundy and Jeff Jarrett are only two of the threats. Will the Bad Guy still be champion by the end of the show?

IC Title - Razor Ramon vs Jeff Jarrett - Coliseum Video 10/19/94 (Wham Bam Bodyslam)

Razor Ramon vs Brooklyn Brawler - SuperStars 12/13/94 . . . Yes, really

IC Title - Razor Ramon vs King Kong Bundy - Coliseum Video 12/14/94 (Brawl in the Family)

IC Title - Razor Ramon vs Owen Hart - Raw 1/9/95

Wrestling Challenge: Episode 33

April 19, 1987 | Approx. run time: 34 mins.

The most popular stars of the ‘80s compete this week on Wrestling Challenge. Catch Koko B. Ware, Greg Valentine, “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, Jake “The Snake” Roberts and others in action. Plus, you never know who’s going to be interviewed backstage. You don’t want to miss Wrestling Challenge.

Raw: Episode 65

May 30, 1994 | Approx. run time: 38 mins.

Crush and Tatanka are going to battle it out for the final spot in the King of the Ring Tournament. Who’s going to get one step closer toward the prestigious crown? Jerry Lawler has a plethora of guests this week on the King’s Court as Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and Diesel all pay him a visit.

I was just watching Raw is Sumo and Vince namedrops Mark Henry two years before he signs him . . . it was during the DiBiase/Volkoff King's Court which was a hoot in itself. I wonder if JBL/Michaels watched any of the angle to teach Michaels how to do the sad face.

These retards posting comments on the WrestleMania voting blogs from Legacy are driving me nuts. These dipshits are just voting for all the cliche WM matches completely oblivious that the author of the blogs (Legacy) already offers the matches they're busting nuts about. So obviously, they have no plans on ever subscribing to the service so I have no clue why the voting is open to the pissant "Universe".

*and exhale*

These retards posting comments on the WrestleMania voting blogs from Legacy are driving me nuts. These dipshits are just voting for all the cliche WM matches completely oblivious that the author of the blogs (Legacy) already offers the matches they're busting nuts about. So obviously, they have no plans on ever subscribing to the service so I have no clue why the voting is open to the pissant "Universe".

*and exhale*

Just a thought? Perhaps this voting is a way to get people to check out Legacy who might not know about it? For the life of me I've spoken to 5 friends telling them how I watch this stuff and they never even heard of WWE.com Legacy and these are people who definitely go to wwe.com everyday.

But I'm not going to complain too much for them posting duplicates if they are upgraded videos since they're doubling Raw and Wrestling Challenge that month. It seems as if Legacy knows there might be duplicates so they're being smart by offering double shows.

Eh, maybe you're right. The WMIII and X voting is what's most aggrivating as the obvious matches are already offered on their own in 750k quality.

5 friends that watch wrestling?!? I don't even know 5 people that watch wrestling and I work on a floor w/ over 100 people.

Eh, maybe you're right. The WMIII and X voting is what's most aggrivating as the obvious matches are already offered on their own in 750k quality.

5 friends that watch wrestling?!? I don't even know 5 people that watch wrestling and I work on a floor w/ over 100 people.

They were my high school buddies that I still keep in contact with. They are casual watchers but still go to the website. Definitely people who would watch all the old stuff. I keep on telling my friends in fear they cancel the service if they don't have enough subscribers. It seems Legacy lives in the basement of WWE.com. Granted they have been promoting it more with the Legacy Moment of the Week.

WWE is horrible about promoting their products (WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand, WWE.com Legacy, and DVD's). Their DVD products are getting short air time. I remember they us to spend like 1-2 weeks advertising even before a DVD would come out. Just like their PPV's, they're popping too many DVD's out at once. WWE Legends Of Wrestling got little advertisement time and I figure WWE Saturday Night's Main Event DVD will do the same. I know they're doing it so they can make more money, but their fans barely even know what WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand or WWE.com Legacy is.

I think mostly because the younger fans don't really care for the old school stuff. Now, if it featured the current product (John Cena, Jeff Hardy, Batista etc), then I think they'd care. That's the sense I get from people who subscribe (young fans) to my MySpace page.

I've been a member of WWE.com Legacy since it first debuted back in July 2004. I think it was July 2004. It was known as WWE Match Jukebox. Then it went from that to WWE 24/7 Online to WWE.com Legacy.

eoy1h.jpg

WWE is horrible about promoting their products (WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand, WWE.com Legacy, and DVD's). Their DVD products are getting short air time. I remember they us to spend like 1-2 weeks advertising even before a DVD would come out. Just like their PPV's, they're popping too many DVD's out at once. WWE Legends Of Wrestling got little advertisement time and I figure WWE Saturday Night's Main Event DVD will do the same. I know they're doing it so they can make more money, but their fans barely even know what WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand or WWE.com Legacy is.

I think mostly because the younger fans don't really care for the old school stuff. Now, if it featured the current product (John Cena, Jeff Hardy, Batista etc), then I think they'd care. That's the sense I get from people who subscribe (young fans) to my MySpace page.

I've been a member of WWE.com Legacy since it first debuted back in July 2004. I think it was July 2004. It was known as WWE Match Jukebox. Then it went from that to WWE 24/7 Online to WWE.com Legacy.

eoy1h.jpg

Yea I've been member since January 2006. The last 6 months have definitely been a 180 degree turn and in my opinion the best 6 months of the service.

You're right. WWE.com Legacy has gotten a lot better this past year. I'm not sure if Joey Styles has anything to do with the department, but I'm glad they're showing older shows like Wrestling Challenge, Monday Night Raw, and specials as well. Well worth the yearly subscription service.

eoy1h.jpg

Wow on the latest poll on Universe for WrestleMania 12 the Legacy person told everyone that HBK/Hart is already in the archives and went so far as to say they get a vote too and voted for Austin/Savio Vega since it's not in the archive. Sounds like they want to add new matches or somebody doesn't want to watch an hour long match before posting it on the web!

Thank heavens. I'm pretty sure Hart/HBK will win, but I'll be skipping that 62 minute headlock. Taker/Diesel would be ok since it would at least be a quality upgrade plus the match was a ball from what I remember.

Producers' Pick is Savio/Austin . . . fuck, try Warrior/HHH. I dare ya. Well, hey we all got to eat.