TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

WWE.com Legacy

Smells like a free month is coming for October. Well, I hope they at least throw $3.95 back to subscribers' credit cards.

I prepare for the worst, so I'll tolerate anything except a Silverlight announcement.

" Starting in about a week WWE Universe will get an opportunity to vote on almost every single video airing in the month of October. Stay tuned for further details this week and to join WWE 24/7 Online check out"

This was not at all what I expected for the surprise BUT I think it's an awesome idea. I'll wait and see how much of a choice we actually get but it's innovative, hopefully lots of great choices and well not a disappointment at all for a surprise considering I thought they were just gonna offer a 1 week free trial.

Just watched Fink's special. Anyone other than me surprised that Taker vs. Taker made it? Loved the old-school SummerSlam music underneath it though.

I'm not surprised, there is a weird portion of fans who actually like that match. I had a coworker find out that I liked wrestling and he immediately brought it up as "awesome." All by himself.

The same guy still has a Hacksaw Jim Duggan shirt too, just to put things in perspective.

Now, that SummerSlam show definitely reminds me of a Coliseum Video. Old school host, old school music, and matches from the CV era as well. That said, it's skippable but not must-skip.

Here's the latest in regards to the October voting:

Hey WWE Universe,

If you were part of Raw's live blog this past Monday then you read the major announcement about WWE 24/7 Online. We're turning our keys over to you, our members, and letting you vote on almost every single video we're airing this month! Want some examples? Sure!

How about you tell us what city we should visit on Wrestling Hot-Beds? What about voting on who you want to see the debut of in Introducing? Want more Raws or Wrestling Challenges? Fantastic! You can vote on which show you want additional episodes of that month.

How about your favorite show from Madison Square Garden? We're going to let you choose from many live events from the World's Most Famous Arena and vote.

So here's the deal, you have 48 hours to vote on each video. They will sporadically show up on WWE Fan Nation. Then in October check out the schedule and find out which of your choices won. You can vote multiple times and we encourage that! And please, if you are not a member definitely check out the link to our section. It's a fantastic service exclusively on wwe.com! http://www.wwe.com/subscriptions/247online/

Oh and here is our first poll:

http://fans.wwe.com/wwe247online/blog/2008...ts_time_to_vote

I must say the thought of having an entire MSG show pleases me as long as it's not SurSer02 or something like that. I love the Hulkamania era shows from MSG. The place looked like a dark, damp dump. And I'm a mark for the Exit sign. And I'll probably stuff the ballot box to vote for more Wrestling Challenge eps when that time comes.

Good News.

WWE 24/7 is officially coming into my home in a matter of minutes, here in Green Valley, AZ. My dream is about to be realised in a matter of time.

Good News.

WWE 24/7 is officially coming into my home in a matter of minutes, here in Green Valley, AZ. My dream is about to be realised in a matter of time.

Welcome to the addiction! I've never watched so many videos on my computer until I got the service. You're going to love it and if you love Raw they have like the first 40 episodes archived!

I don't know if it's because I have DSL instead of cable (and Cogeco ads for cable internet often called DSL "half-speed internet") or just a lack of anything resembling a video card on my computer, but I have a difficult time watching the high quality videos without them just chugging along at a choppy pace. I still enjoy the service but I imagine I'd be wild about it if the Raw episodes streamed flawlessly for me in high quality.

Hmmm, that's odd. I have DSL through AT&T and it runs at 1.5 doohickeys (supposed to be up to 3 but actually runs a shade over 1.5) and I rarely have a problem. When I do, I disconnect my connection and reconnect and it's good as new. Combine that w/ the wire to connect my laptop to my tv and I'm not even bummed that I can't get the cable version of WWE 24/7.

Maybe you need one of those $5/mo upgrades. *shrugs*

EDIT - Oh yeah, make sure you don't have any torrents running.

Hmmm, that's odd. I have DSL through AT&T and it runs at 1.5 doohickeys (supposed to be up tp 3 but actually runs a shade over 1.5) and I rarely have a problem. When I do, I disconnect my connection and reconnect and it's good as new. Combine that w/ the wire to connect my laptop to my tv and I'm not even bummed that I can't get the cable version of WWE 24/7.

Maybe you need one of those $5/mo upgrades. *shrugs*

Never thought about attaching my laptop to the TV. Is the quality that good on a larger screen?

Surprisingly yes. I have a 40" Sony HD and it looks great. Sure, digital cable would probably look a hair or two better but it's still much better quality than finding even a 1st gen bootleg of the same material. IIRC, the cord I bought was between $30-40. Combine that with being able to make a playlist on WMP and my lazy ass doesn't have to leave the couch to load up each match/video. Almost like making your own comps.

Here's the next poll for October:

http://fans.wwe.com/wwe247online/blog/2008...er_october_poll

Who do you want to see in Introducing? October 24/7 Online

Victoria

Jerry "The King" Lawler (WWE Debut)

D-Lo Brown

Chavo Guerrero

I'll probably stuff the ballot box for D-Lo Brown later tonight since Lawler's debut is on a Raw ep already posted. And eh, no thanks on Chavo and Victoria.

Surprisingly yes. I have a 40" Sony HD and it looks great. Sure, digital cable would probably look a hair or two better but it's still much better quality than finding even a 1st gen bootleg of the same material. IIRC, the cord I bought was between $30-40. Combine that with being able to make a playlist on WMP and my lazy ass doesn't have to leave the couch to load up each match/video. Almost like making your own comps.

How do you put WWE 24-7 Online videos on a playlist on WMP. I have tried all different ways, but do not seem to be able to figure it out.

When you're viewing the video, click on "Add to Library" ---> "Add Currently Playing Item" on the bottom left of WMP. This will add it to "All Video". It's probably a good idea to rename the file since it's a bunch of mumbo jumbo. I catalog them by date. For example:

1993 9-27 Monday Night RAW

You can then click on New Playlist on the top right of the WMP and drag whichever videos you want.

Sorry I can't explain it better, but hopefully it's helpful.

EDIT - Oh yeah, make sure you don't have any torrents running.

Not perfect, but I've noticed a dramatic improvement since I started watching the videos while having nothing else using the bandwith. That really seems like such an obvious solution but for whatever reason, anytime I was on 24/7 Online I had some torrents being downloaded.

Newest poll is letting us vote for either 2 additional episodes of Raw or Challenge in October. The other choice is to have 1 additional episode of each. I voted for Raws...not much of a fan of challenge yet.

On the first new Raw posted on online, the Quebecers absolutely destroy a jobber. It's this short squat guy, Bert Santano or something and they just massacre him with slaps, kicks, a piledriver, and spectacular double teams. The guy looks so out of it that he falls down as they whip him into the ropes for a double team so Jacques just laughs at him. God, I love Jacques Rougeau and the Rougeau Brothers and now Pierre Oulette is getting up there as well.

Also first time I've ever seen Heenan's exit from the WWF. Really sad actually.

Rather than spew though all the videos for the month since they can be found,

http://www.wwe.com/subscriptions/247online/august08

I figured I'd just list the matches for the specials:

Howard Finkel's Top 10 SummerSlam Matches: Part 2

#5 Hair vs Hair - X-Pac vs Jeff Jarrett - 1999

#4 WWF Championship - Cage - Ultimate Warrior vs Rick Rude - 1990 (Dammit, would it have killed them to air the 1989 one instead?!?)

#3 IC Title - Ladder - Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon - 1995 (MUCH better than WMX IIRC)

#2 Boiler Room Brawl - Undertaker vs Mankind - 1996 (They posted this match last August and I still haven't watched it)

#1 IC Title - Mr Perfect vs Bret Hart - 1991 (On the flip side, I've seen this match 3,492 times and it still hasn't grown old . . . well, for the most part)

WWF at The Spectrum 8/27/1988

Leaping Lanny Poffo vs Outlaw Ron Bass

Hart Foundation vs Fabulous Rougeau Brothers

WWF Championship - Randy Savage vs Ted DiBiase

Jake Roberts vs Rick Rude

(Yeah, they cut a few matches but no biggie to me. I'll take partial old school cards like this any day)

Among others, I saw the Spectrum show.

For people that complain about how CM Punk is treated as champion, they need to see Savage/DiBiase. Savage gets whomped pretty much the whole match and only gets DiBiase down when Virgil removed the turnbuckle pad and it backfired. Virgil then interferes causing a DQ. Savage doesn't even make his own comeback and is left laying but still champ. Apparently, this led to a cage match the next month but wow, he was made to look like a puss.

EDIT - For why I love Dick Graham, see 42:35-42:46 of the Spectrum show.

The folks at WWE 24/7 Online have put up a poll for which Nitro show should be aired.

I looked at the lineups and it's between the first Nitro, a shitty Nitro that had the nWo harassing Elizabeth in a hotel or something like that (I only remember since it was in Cleveland), the only nWo Nitro, and Russo's Wargames ep. Oh yeah, I voted for some Russo fun. Appears you can only vote once this time though.

The only good Nitro out of that lineup is the first one.

The one from Cleveland might have been a candidate for worst Nitro ever had 1999-2001 never happened, and it's the second worst card in Cleveland history (that horrid episode of Thunder from 5/21/1998 being even worse).

After waiting seemingly a week to put a new poll up, they're back w/ another one already. It's an MSG poll. I already voted so the choices aren't viewable. IIRC, it's between Snuka/Muraco 10/83, Hogan/Race 5/87, Hogan/Slaughter 91, and two shows from the 2000s. I either voted for 83 or 87, can't remember. I just pray the two newer shows don't get the duke.

Re: Heenan's exit. It was definitely a sourpuss way to get him off the show. But it's better knowing that he asked to leave and it wasn't Vince kicking him out the door . . . figuratively of course since Monsoon did it literally.

It was a good blow-off to the Monsoon / Heenan feud.

Heenan on this show: "Pat Patterson suggested I have women's clothing coming out of my bag. I told him 'I think you and I pack a little bit differently.'"

Is it sad I've never looked so forward to a month on 24/7 Online than September and October? Old School month last year was pretty awesome and they're really offering some good stuff for October's voting. Only thing I'm surprised they haven't offered was something for History of IC Title like perhaps to re-profile an older champion. I'm sure they have tons of matches from Savage or Honky Tonk Man they didn't air.

Plus they could offer Warrior and Rick Rude on there too. We never did find out why they skipped over their rivalry.