TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Monday Night Wars

I don't really mind seeing the old Raw and Nitro shows from the beginning, being that I didn't have the service back then. Gives me a chance to see the Nitro shows that I missed.

plus they got to hack up Nitros so we don't see Benoit, especially when it gets to the Booker T feud.

I was actually concerned about how the early days of Nitro will go since we're getting close to the Horsemen reformation, which obviously is Benoit/Woman heavy (everyone's talking about Benoit getting edited out, but don't forget that they took Woman out completely of the History of ECW, too).

How quickly did Nitro take over the flagship spot? Did a lot of storyline development still happen on WCWSN for a while, or did they shift almost immediately over to the Nitro?

I don't think Hogan and Savage ever showed up on Saturday Night ever again when Nitro started. Sting and Luger kept wrestling there though. I think the last important thing that really happened on Saturday Night was in August 1996 when Hall & Nash showed up and helped Steven Regal beat Luger for the TV Title.

I need that Mr. Wonderful theme. It's too epic NOT to have!

I watched that episode last evening, and now I sorta have the song stuck in my head. And it's kinda funny how Mongo and Brain just sometimes ramble on about it.

Never realized that the old Nitro shows took place in smaller buildings, compared to when WCW gained steam. And even when I was younger, I still thought it was stupid for WWE to kinda give a sneak peak at the following week's Raw, showing a match that hadn't even aired at the moment.

I need that Mr. Wonderful theme. It's too epic NOT to have!

I watched that episode last evening, and now I sorta have the song stuck in my head. And it's kinda funny how Mongo and Brain just sometimes ramble on about it.

Never realized that the old Nitro shows took place in smaller buildings, compared to when WCW gained steam. And even when I was younger, I still thought it was stupid for WWE to kinda give a sneak peak at the following week's Raw, showing a match that hadn't even aired at the moment.

Yes, that was stupid marketing.

...damn WCW for making such a catchy song!

Wonderful... Wonderful...