TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion

Guest WWE247FanaticSeries
In the preview show for April, they said that they would show the entire 2008 Hall of Fame Ceremony. So it will be availlable on 24/7 before coming to DVD ? (yay, an exclusive!).

Really hope they show Flair's speech complete and unedited.

He thanks all the horsemen, including Chris Benoit.

The PYBO page is slowly being updated - next month's choices are In Your House 1, Slamboree 2000, or Judgment Day 2005. They didn't change the pictures or descriptions (but the links to the card description work) or even announce what won last month, but I assume that is coming shortly.

JD 2005 is the best of the bunch but I already own a copy of it, so screw the rest of you, I want to the train wreck that is Slamboree 2000.

Edit: *sigh* Bad Blood 2003 won, but what else is new? The most recent shows almost always win. I just hoped since there was a 66% chance a show I've never seen would have won, Bad Blood wouldn't have.

IIRC, The Triple Cage match main event of Slamboree 2000 is actually pretty bitching despite the presence of David Arquette. It's the same match where Kanyon was thrown off the top of the triple cage through the entrance ramp a year (almost to the exact day) after Owen Hart's tragic death...IN THE SAME ARENA! You gotta love Russo.

Guest shadylpete

I REALLY was hoping that it wasn't gonna be Bad Blood 03, but whatever. As for May, I'm hoping Slamboree wins, hopefully people will see that Triple Cage Match and vote for it.

I believe I watched the cage match on 24/7 Online a few years ago and found it was actually not a bad match but naturally the Arquette silliness (among other things, such as what KKC described) didn't do it any favours.

I also want to see Slamboree 2000, but in this case, there aren't any bad choices. Well, they're not all THAT great, but if you don't want to see Hulk Hogan vs. Billy Kidman, there's not a whole hell of a lot I can tell you.

I wanna see Slamboree 2000 because Russo train wrecks are fun even if it sucks at times

I just took a look at the Slamboree '00 card and remembered that it's pretty good by Russo WCW standards. There's a damn good Mike Awesome/Kanyon match and I remember Hulk Hogan Vs Kidman being a semi-decent garbage match.

It's weird they don't list Hakushi vs. Bret Hart on the IYH 1 card. That's presumably the only match a person would want to see on that show (though I would like to see the show simply because I never have).

I bought a bootleg of the Coliseum Video version of In Your House I (basically the PPV with two shitty dark matches, Bam Bam/Tatanka and Undertaker/Kama) at an indy show about five years back. Besides Bret/Hakushi, there's a ***ish Roadie and Jeff Jarrett Vs Razor Ramon handicap match and a bunch of crap. What I would give to get the $10 I spent on that tape back. Ya know I wonder why the only guy Bret couldn't drag a good match out of in '95 was Lawler. Why was his series with Lawler in '93 so good and the one in '95 so lame?

I've never actually seen Judgment Day 2004 but I don't recall hearing good things about it, but I would like to see the Eddie / JBL bloodbath. Hopefully the Eddie / JBL Shortie is from GAB 04 as I haven't seen that either.

Good thing that the legends section and shorties section will be good, cause...wow. No 7/21 RAW or Nitro, ugh.

WWE really needs to give up on this Latino Legends month stuff. They've had about five latino wrestlers of merit in their history. Two of them were from Texas and one from San Diego.

The 1981 MSG show has a really wacky incident happen. I'll leave it at that, but I'm interested to see how it plays out. A large portion of the 87 MSG show just aired across two Prime Time episodes.

1981 seems like a really fun month for WWE. They had Backlund defending against Valentine, Stan Hansen, Don Muraco, among others. Sgt. Slaughter vs. Pat Patterson. Tony Garea and Rick Martel as a team. There's just lots of good stuff going on.

"Legends" seems like an odd place for IYH: Beware of Dog and I assumed it was a mistake but spman tells me that's where it is for him too.

Miscellaneous note: The Nitro preview says "Riv Flair".

I was a bit mistaken above about the 7/21 Raw previously airing. The main event aired in Shorties in July and the July 28th Raw (because it was before SummerSlam) aired in August. It would appear their reason for skipping it is because it's a non-compete week (something I thought, then confirmed, when reading that Raw's rating was a 4.something - Nitro is on Tuesday). I thought they stopped skipping non-compete weeks (and not skipping them makes even more sense now since each show airs as a separate program) but whatever. We just get to the 3 Hour Nitro quicker! Yes, I am actually excited about that.

I'm still interested in how they address it in commentary.

Vince does briefly mention the decision and the title being "held up" but it's otherwise glossed over.

Looking forward to that one because I need a cleaner copy of it.