TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion

Fair enough.

Anyway, yeah, when I first subscribed the MNW policy was to skip non-compete weeks, but then Thursday Raw Thursday was important so they aired that. Then they aired all those weeks of Raw and Nitro when they weren't competing due to the NBA play-offs (I guess because it was 3 weeks of storyline development that was important), so the 7/18/25 Raw is the first thing they've skipped in a while, not counting some random skipping of an Africa Raw from April.

Fair enough.

Anyway, yeah, when I first subscribed the MNW policy was to skip non-compete weeks, but then Thursday Raw Thursday was important so they aired that. Then they aired all those weeks of Raw and Nitro when they weren't competing due to the NBA play-offs (I guess because it was 3 weeks of storyline development that was important), so the 7/18/25 Raw is the first thing they've skipped in a while, not counting some random skipping of an Africa Raw from April.

July 18, 1925? Don't you mean July 21, 1997?

Fair enough.

I really don't understand their rationale (if there is any) for doing this. It's not like non-competing episodes weren't important, or that they halted all storylines for that week. I love 24/7, but some of their broadcasting decisions baffle me.

Honestly, I just think WWE wants to push forward to the time in which they were dominating the MNW.

I enjoyed the Tito Santana matches. WWE 24/7 has shown me just how good a worker Tito was back in the day, especially against Greg Valentine and Randy Savage.

In the Shorties section, they showed Kennedy's match Eddie Guerrero, which was the last match of Guerrero's career. I'm not surprised they didn't show what happened after the match. Kennedy absolutely blasted Guerrero with a chair shot to the head. The last time Eddie was seen alive on WWE TV, he was flat on his back.

It's funny but in that SNME thread I mentioned my decade long loathing of Shawn started with that win over Bulldog. Of course back then I didn't know about all the steroid stuff, though it did seem odd that Bulldog, Warrior, and LOD were all gone at the same time. I might watch that show after all though, that was at least a good match from what I recall.

I already watched some Bockwinkel stuff, since he is the MAN. Okay so he couldn't get jack shit out of Otto Wanz but the Memphis match with Lawler is cool stuff.

I also watched the Arquette title win in shorties, just because.

here's the theme for July:

JULY 2008: HARDCORE HEAVEN

All July on WWE 24/7 On Demand, we feature the wildest matches and most extreme action during “Hardcore Heaven” month.

Legends

Hall of Fame: Killer Kowalski – he was hardcore before hardcore ever existed. Killer Kowalski dismantled opponents throughout his extraordinary career. Follow Killer from his early days wrestling in Texas and the AWA to ferocious Championship battles with Bruno Sammartino. Plus, see Kowalski’s Hall of Fame Induction, as the Killer is inducted by his most famous and successful protégé, Triple H.

Mick Foley: Greatest Hits and Misses – Legendary WWE Superstar Mick Foley presents his most memorable, and often brutal, matches. Follow Mick on his amazing journey – from early WCW and ECW battles against Big Van Vader, Sabu and Sandman to his WWE classics with Shawn Michaels, the Undertaker, Triple H, Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock to his more recent match-ups versus Ric Flair, Randy Orton and Edge. The “Hardcore Edition” is must-see viewing for all sports-entertainment fans.

The Big Ones

ECW Living Dangerously ’99 – A remarkable night of Extreme action. The ECW Heavyweight Championship is unified when Tazz takes on Sabu. ECW TV Champion Rob Van Dam faces Jerry Lynn. Tommy Dreamer and Shane Douglas battle Lance Storm and Justin Credible. Plus, Super Crazy challenges Tajiri and much more.

WWE Old School – Two (2) rarely seen cards full of unbelievable action. Head back to “The World’s Most Famous Arena” for the last WWE Madison Square Garden show of the ‘70s. Bob Backlund puts the Championship on the line in a Texas Death Match against “Big Bad” Bobby Duncum. Plus, it’s a rare NWA World title match at the Garden as Harley Race defends the gold against “American Dream” Dusty Rhodes. In 1989, the action heats up historic Boston Garden as Hulk Hogan faces the Big Boss Man inside the unforgiving Steel Cage. Plus, Shawn Michaels leads the Rockers into action against the double-tough Brain Busters and much more.

TV Classics

The Monday Night War – The battle for sports entertainment supremacy between WWE and WCW rolls on. Raw features a huge main event as the Undertaker and Mankind team up and clash with Triple H and Shawn Michaels. On Nitro, relive two of WCW’s most memorable moments. See Arn Anderson’s emotional retirement from the Four Horsemen. Then watch as the nWo crassly mocks the poignant ceremony.

The Film Room with Gordon Solie: Terry Funk – Before becoming a Hardcore legend, Terry Funk was known as one of the toughest and most skilled competitors in wrestling. Relive the Funker’s rise to greatness, as the “Dean of Announcers”, Gordon Solie details Funk’s climb to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Shorties

For over a decade, there was one match that captivated the attention of fans in the NWA, and later WCW, like no other – War Games. Follow the evolution of the two-ring, steel cage phenomenon from its inception in 1987 as a who’s who of Superstars – Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, the Road Warriors, Sting, Steve Austin, Arn Anderson, Hulk Hogan, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, and many more – join teams and climb into the cage for some amazing matches.

the Shorties are very very good

God, I hope the 1997 War Games is on there. I really do. It was the first War Games match I saw and it holds a place for me. I don't care about the shitty ending, and the quality I have it on tape is very bad, so that is the only thing I dearly wish for in the shorties.

how many War Games matches were there, it doesnt seem like enough to warrant a whole month's worth in Shorties, and for the PYBO for July you will be able to choose from 3 ECW shows (or 2 if you wanna be technical) Heatwave 1996 (4 Way TV Title match, 6 Man steel cage), Barely Legal 1997, Terry Funk/Stevie/Sandman, Eliminators/Dudleyz) One Night Stand 2006 (Edge/Foley vs Funk/Dreamer, RVD/Cena)

no word on which King of The Ring won yet

That's a sweet MSG show.

*Bob Backlund vs. Bobby Duncum is actually a match to re-establish Backlund as champion. Backlund dropped the belt in controversial fashion the previous month to Antonio Inoki in Japan.

*Hulk Hogan's MSG debut match against Ted Dibiase.

*Dusty Rhodes vs. Harley Race is on Dusty's dvd.

*Antonio Inoki, Riki Choshu, Seiji Sakaguchi and Tatsumi Fujinami wrestle on the show. Inoki faces the Iron Sheik pre-gimmick, Sheik was then known as Hussein Arab.

On the Boston Garden show, Hogan and Bossman had a great series of cage matches. Rockers/Brainbusters is a 20+ minute match.

WarGames is a fantastic Shorties concept. For Nate's information, there are at least 12 WarGames matches.

That's a sweet MSG show.

*Bob Backlund vs. Bobby Duncum is actually a match to re-establish Backlund as champion. Backlund dropped the belt in controversial fashion the previous month to Antonio Inoki in Japan.

*Hulk Hogan's MSG debut match against Ted Dibiase.

*Dusty Rhodes vs. Harley Race is on Dusty's dvd.

*Antonio Inoki, Riki Choshu, Seiji Sakaguchi and Tatsumi Fujinami wrestle on the show. Inoki faces the Iron Sheik pre-gimmick, Sheik was then known as Hussein Arab.

On the Boston Garden show, Hogan and Bossman had a great series of cage matches. Rockers/Brainbusters is a 20+ minute match.

WarGames is a fantastic Shorties concept. For Nate's information, there are at least 12 WarGames matches.

That was the end of year, end of decade show in December 1979. Huge card.

All the War Games on Shorties? Sweet!

I like the selections for next month. House shows from the 89-92 era are my favorite...ECW PPV's are always good, and the choices for the PYBO are top notch as well. I'm going to vote for ONS '06. Haven't seen it.

I'm very glad that KotR '93 won the PYBO.

what were the 12 Wargames match up's

Two on the Great American Bash tour in '87 (Dusty & crew vs. the Horsemen). One in 1988, also Dusty vs. the Horsemen. 1989 saw the Road Warriors and Midnight Express battle the Freebirds and Samoan Swat Team. 1991 had Sting, Pillman and the Steiners against the Horsemen. 1992 was Sting's Squadron against the Dangerous Alliance. 1993 had Sting and company against Vader's team. 1994 was Dusty and Dustin against Colonel Parker's stable. 1995 saw Hulkamania against the Dungeon of Doom. 1996 is WCW vs. NWO. 1997 had the Horsemen against the NWO. 1998 was that three-team abortion that DDP won by pinfall.