TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion

Just checked over the part in the book. Flair starts that section on Savage by mentioning how his relationship with Elizabeth had fallen apart. He states that Savage's heart was not in the match and Savage's current state may have been why Vince decided to have him drop the title. When they were sent to the back, Vince said this wasn't the match he laid out and proceeded to tell them what he wanted. Flair felt it still didn't go well and that Savage was overselling the leg. He also states that Savage did not like Scott Hall.

Just adding my two cents here on the World TOur '96 tape, as DrVenkman said, it truely is one of the most miserable hour and a halves you will ever witness in your life. Even Bret Hart vs Austin can barely stumble out of Negative Star territory, and the tape also features not one, not two, but THREE Ahmed Johnson matches that all get progressively worse. It's terrifying.

World Tour '96 is to Coliseum Videos what Heroes of Wrestling is to pay per views. It's just bad beyond belief.

I speculate its suckiness can be attributed to a bunch of the wrestlers having jetlag and/or food poisoning.

Just watched The Film Room with Gordon Solie. This segment was about Terry Funk and you see some great footage of him, defeating Jack Brisco for the title and even a clip of Dory Jr. beating Kiniski for his title. You also get a bizarre promo from Funk where he dumps motor oil on himself.

Im watching the 12/79 MSG show, and there is the annoying whistle being blown through the whole match...does this continue for the whole show?

Bad News with hair is awesome....going against Riki Chosyu and Sakaguchi is awesome!!!

Oh lord, you won't believe who I saw on the ECW episode they just added. In the Gangstas interview segment at the end of the show DJ RAN of all people introduces them. DJ Ran I believe was the goof that used to be on Nitro as a DJ.

That 24-7 logo is trippy!

I own World Tour 96!! I paid for it and everything.

I didn't hate it, mainly because it has the first Austin-Bret match and a Bulldog match

After Ahmed Johnson turns his back and gets dropkicked from behind by Jannetty, Gorilla does his best to bury the former IC and tag champ . . .

"You can't do that, regardless of the caliber of your competition."

Interesting bit on the Montreal card...

Andre the Giant actually loses! By count-out to Kamala. Not exactly something you saw everyday on WWF TV prior to 1987. At the end of the match, Andre bitches as much as Hogan does when he loses.

The Putski/Graham bit was cool but if you ever want to learn the definition of a juicehead, just take on look at Putski.

Maple Leaf Gardens was in Toronto.

Gorilla Monsoon's enthusiasm in alerting us that were store in for some great World Wrestling Federation action always amuses me. I don't think even he thought Rockers vs Ahmed/Yokozuna could be a main event anywhere in the country though.

with the change in the graphics, I think they need to completely revamp the logos for the stuff like MNW, HOF and the Territory stuff

According to the updated 24/7 page on WWE.com, next months theme is Forever Flair. Can't wait.

that should be very good, I'm sure they'll wind up showing at least 2 or 3 Starrcade's, his best matches in Legends and maybe in Shorties some forgotten matches of his career

All September on WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand, it Forever Flair... WOOOOOO! Relive the illustrious career of the 16-time World Champion, the Nature Boy, Ric Flair. See all the championship conquests, his NWA/WCW run with the Four Horseman, the formation of Evolution in WWE and the unforgettable battles with Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Terry Funk, Sting, Ronnie Garvin, Ricky Steamboat, Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan and many others.

Plus, don't miss an all new episode of the WWE 24/7 original roundtable talk show, The Legends of Wrestling featuring Ric Flair as a guest panelist. This episode's topic is "The Greatest Faction in Wrestling History."

The PYBO poll is listed as "coming soon": Vote for your favorite event that featured a classic Ric Flair match and see it next month exclusively on WWE 24/7 Classic On Demand.

They sure are throwing the word "classic" around, aren't they?

All September on WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand, it Forever Flair... WOOOOOO! Relive the illustrious career of the 16-time World Champion, the Nature Boy, Ric Flair. See all the championship conquests, his NWA/WCW run with the Four Horseman, the formation of Evolution in WWE and the unforgettable battles with Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Terry Funk, Sting, Ronnie Garvin, Ricky Steamboat, Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan and many others.

Plus, don't miss an all new episode of the WWE 24/7 original roundtable talk show, The Legends of Wrestling featuring Ric Flair as a guest panelist. This episode's topic is "The Greatest Faction in Wrestling History."

The PYBO poll is listed as "coming soon": Vote for your favorite event that featured a classic Ric Flair match and see it next month exclusively on WWE 24/7 Classic On Demand.

They sure are throwing the word "classic" around, aren't they?

Freaking awesome!

Sigh... SummerSlam 99 won the poll. I wanted to tape SummerSlam 94 but I guess sooner or later I'll jsut get the DVD set anyway.

The September PYBO (though when you vote, it says "October") includes these CLASSIC Ric Flair PPVs. You can't think "Ric Flair" without thinking of Survivor Series 92, Spring Stampede 94, or Taboo Tuesday 2005. Series 92 is by far the worst choice of the bunch BUT I taped Stampede 94 the last time it was on 24/7 (good show) and have Taboo Tuesday 2005 on DVD, so bring on Survivor Series!

Aw come on! While it may be the weakest show of the set (it's certainly weaker than Spring Stampede '94 and I've never seen Taboo Tuesday '05), I don't take kindly to you insinuating Survivor Series '92 isn't a good show. Maybe it's pure nostalgia but I've always enjoyed it. You can't go wrong with Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels and Perfect and Savage Vs Flair and Razor. Even the bad matches are kept pretty short.

I think it gets a bad rap for having a terrible match be the only "Survivor Series" style match, and it's only loosely fought under those rules (two eliminations instead of four). I haven't seen it in ages and would love to see it again.

Haven't seen it in ages either but I remember the High Energy/Headshrinkers match being a helluva opener. But yeah, having a 1/2 a Survivor Series match didn't help people's perception of it.

A lot of my fondness for that show is due to nostalgia. Survivor Series '92 and Royal Rumble '93 were two of the wrestling tapes I rented frequently when I first got into wrestling as a lad. When the video store up the street was clearing out their wrestling tapes about ten years ago, I bought both of them alongside some other stuff.

But the show really is pretty decent. The two main events are both around the **** mark and The Headshrinkers-High Energy is a nifty opener. Everything else is just sort of there but it's all fun to watch, even The Nightstick match is kind of fun. It's one of those interesting shows in between the Hogan era and The New Generation where WWF is still trying to find their footing.

I was about to say...in what universe is Survivor Series 92 a bad PPV? Hell I know I'd take it over any friggin Taboo Tuesday show. Spring Stampede 94 I suppose has better top to bottom action on it, but for whatever reason it's a hard show to CARE about since the direction WCW was going in was abruptly changed once Hogan signed.

Besides, does Spring Stampede 94 have Kamala vs. UT in a casket match? I think not.

Taboo Tuesday 05 is fun though- love HHH-Flair and the main event.

The stuff with Coach, Vader, Goldust and Big Dave is random if nothing else, as is Carlito-Mankind

Matt and Rey vs. Chris Masters and Snitsky is probably the best match either member of the heel team was ever involved in. Actually I thought HBK did a good job with Masters at Unforgiven 2005 but you get what I'm saying. Listening to Styles on that show was fun too since he wasn't a defeated corporate man yet. The show also brought Jim Duggan back to WWE prominence! I was sad he didn't vin the Legends vote.