TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion

I really don't like this change. Now it'll take like 5 years to get to the fingerpoke of doom, and 10+ to get to the russo awfulness on Nitro.

Ah, the WWE once again delaying something far longer than they should.

There's an MSG show described in the latest retro Observer as being very bad but apparently containing an excellent Undertaker vs. Bret Hart match. Has this aired on 24/7? I have vague memories of seeing an Undertaker/Bret house show match, but not Hercules (as a face) vs. Warlord or anything else mentioned on the card (HBK/Snuka, Savage/Jake, Non-Tatanka Chris Chavis vs. Kato). I'd like to see this show.

THat pre-Mania X7 SmackDown is as boring as I remember, at least up to the point I watched before going to bed (more so due to the fact they smoothly cut the Benoit/Eddie vs. Test/Angle tag match, resulting in there being like, 40+ minutes of segments with a bad APA vs X-Factor match mixed in) but I have to admit, a fun nostalgia trip to the era and I really enjoyed hearing the old SmackDown theme.

The opening HHH/Taker segment is brutally long and dull, though...

From the latest Observer:

nother reason for the Bill Watts induction this year is because WWE is very close to a deal to purchase the Mid South Wrestling tape collection from Ene Watts, who got the collection of tapes through 1986 as part of a divorce settlement. It is believed that would make every major tape collection available of the old North American territories that either WWE now owns, or no longer exists, with the exception of the last few years of St. Louis “Wrestling at the Chase” tapes that The Fight Network in Canada owns.

About flipping time!

Anyone else only get 3 matches for Cyber Sunday?

I had the same thing untill yesterday, it was fixed

but now I have Part One of No Mercy 04 and no Part two

Anyone else only get 3 matches for Cyber Sunday?

I had the same thing untill yesterday, it was fixed

but now I have Part One of No Mercy 04 and no Part two

Part 2 won't be up until later this month, so no one has it.

I don't know for everyone(?), but for me April easily has been the worst month on 24/7 : Two boring MNW, bad shorties, bad PPVs. The only saving grace looks like PYOB.

It was weird to see the "Here Comes the Pain" feature with everybody just kissing Brock's ass in his rookie year (Can't believe it's been 7 years ago) where he got the megapush of doom. No way we would see this kind of support behind a newcomer nowadays.

I don't know for everyone(?), but for me April easily has been the worst month on 24/7 : Two boring MNW, bad shorties, bad PPVs. The only saving grace looks like PYOB.

It was weird to see the "Here Comes the Pain" feature with everybody just kissing Brock's ass in his rookie year (Can't believe it's been 7 years ago) where he got the megapush of doom. No way we would see this kind of support behind a newcomer nowadays.

Thanks to Brock.

Looking forward to this update. Included is the Prime Time Wrestling where Monsoon and Heenan are at Trump Plaza before WM4. Always liked when the two of them took a road trip. Also, the Shorties section has a real classic. Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdock defending the WWF Tag Team Championship against The Briscos at MSG in December of 1984. Saw this on MSG Classics and it was a kick ass match.

Ok, I've finally got WWE Classics on Demand in my house. I know I said so, before. But, that was before COX Cable fuckin' conned my ass over the phone. But, that's in the past, and I'm now watching NWA World Championship Wrestling from Febuary of 1987.