TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Williams

Whats the first pay per view you saw live?

Big! Where the hell you been hiding.

I've actually never ordered a PPV. I was the only wrestling fan in the family, and there was no way in hell to convince the others to pay thirty bucks for that sort of thing. So this put me in the odd situation of actually attending a PPV live before I ever saw one on TV. It was WCW's next-to-last show, Superbrawl Revenge, and it was a surprisingly good show, and me and my girlfriend both got great seats for like twenty bucks apiece.

First one I watched on TV was Summerslam 2001, in a sports bar along with the legendary FK Teale. Oddly, I can still remember the first PPV I watched on videotape as well, it was Summerslam 98.

I have only ordered about maybe 15 ppvs in my life, the last one being Summerslam 2004. Though I did watch alot at friends' houses. Lately I just buy the dvd for a third of the price, or watch it on 24/7.

I may order Mania this year if I can get some friends to go in halves, or thirds.

Myself and one of my friends used to alternate ordering PPVs back in the day. I remember thanks to this system that I had a span from King of the Ring 2000 through Survivor Series 2001 when my house was the place for all of the major events, with the exception of the '01 KOTR which we went to. Then I didn't order another one until Judgement Day and One Night Stand 2007.

PPV ordered live: Mania IV, I believe.

PPV went to live: SummerSlam 99, followed by ECW Anarchy Rulez 2000, and since then, somehow or someway, I tend to go to a live ppv once or twice every year.

I've ordered a billion events (especially considering those TNA weekly ppvs) but strangely have only been to 2 (WW3 1998, Bound For Glory 2006) strangely they were both in Detroit (well...Auburn Hills and Plymouth but who's counting?) ...Strange because I live in Buffalo. WCW, WWE and ECW all have run a ppv from Buffalo and I've never gone. Weird.

I used to watch the VHS rentals of all WWF PPVs but believe it or not the first one I ever got live was SummerSlam 1998. I saw WM XIV at a friend's house, then toyed with the notion of getting Unforgiven 98 and KOTR 98. I think it was Mankind's fall off the HIAC that finally got me to beg my parents to get SS that year. The build was amazing for that PPV.

The only PPV I've ever seen in person was Judgment Day 2000 with the HHH vs. Rock Iron Man. UT's comeback on the cycle at the end drew the biggest pop I've ever heard in my life.

I think the first PPV I saw live on TV was probably the first In Your House. I was pretty excited watching it (up that that point I only caught RAW and SuperStars, so very seldom did I actually see a big payoff match)

I've never seen a PPV live and I've only seen 3 WWE House Shows....man, it sucks to be in Newfoundland

First PPV watched: Wrestlemania III

First PPV attended: Wrestlemania IX

I've never been to a PPV live in person. I have only been to 2 live shows and they were both in the same year. (2000)

First PPV I ever saw live... probably something in the early 90s. I honestly don't remember. I remember watching stuff like WrestleMania III, WrestleMania IV, etc, on VHS.

But then I stopped watching for a while around 93 or 94 I think, and then got back into it in the late 90s, first PPV I ordered after that was in January 1999, WCW Souled Out... first WWF PPV after that was Over The Edge 1999 and then got into ordering them regularly around Unforgiven of the same year.

Last PPV I ordered was Backlash 2002 and haven't ordered since.

The first pay-per-view I watched was the SummerSlam '89 No Holds Barred rematch inside the steel cage between the team of Hulk Hogan and Brutus Beefcake and the team of Randy Savage and Zeus. This was the only match on the pay-per-view. I'd seen SummerSlam that year. However, my Father taped it and we watched it the next weekend. The first full pay-per-view I watched live was the Ultimate Challenge at WrestleMania 6. When Hulk Hogan lost, I sank into a deep depression.

I've never been to a pay-per-view. But, the first pay-per-view I ever thought about going to was WrestleMania 24.

attended: survivor series 1993

When "Oscar" Doink commanded you to throw your hands in the air, did you comply? Did you waive them as if you just didn't care? Tell me, did you repeat after him when he said "Whoomp! There it is?" If the answer is yes, then I am jealous.

The only PPV I attended was ECW's Anarchy Rulz in 1999. I only lived about 30 minutes from Villa Park at the time, and I had always wanted to see ECW live, so it was a can't miss event.

I went to that too. Man that place was rocking.