TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

How Do You Like Your Steaks?

All guys like Steak. (I assume so). To me, a good steak is a nice rare piece of meat. Medium Rare is also good, but under that, I considered a waste of meat, and manhood.

Every other fucker in my country likes medium-rare, but full on rare is where it's at for me.

I like the bleeding rather than the burning personally.

Guest Beastalentier

Why is there a relationship between rare steak and masculinity? I've never understood this. I don't want to eat a blood-soaked sponge. Sometimes I have medium, sometimes I have medium-well, depends where I am and what I'm in the mood for. Congratulations, you eat uncooked beef. Your balls are enormous. Contract a bacterial infection.

Why is there a relationship between rare steak and masculinity? I've never understood this. I don't want to eat a blood-soaked sponge. Sometimes I have medium, sometimes I have medium-well, depends where I am and what I'm in the mood for. Congratulations, you eat uncooked beef. Your balls are enormous. Contract a bacterial infection.

I don't know if it's necessarily a masculinity thing. Anything past medium-rare and it just doesn't taste like steak. It tastes like any other generic cut of beef, and that's okay if that's what you like, but it sort of defeats the purpose of ordering a decent steak.

As for my steak... I personally shy away from rare, but warm red to pink is my sweet spot. A little salt, some fresh cracked pepper and a drop of A1 (if I'm in the mood). Cut? New York strip all the way.

Myth.

Its not blood, and its not undercooked. People assumed that its blood that is coming from the steak, but its called myoglobin which is a pigment making the meat red.

And Cheech just ruined another thing about steak. Unless it is well done or medium well, there is no need for steak sauce. You just ruined the flavour for the steak you just ordered.

Medium all the way.

And steak sauce enhances the flavor. It only kills it if you use half the bottle.

Medium all the way.

And steak sauce enhances the flavor. It only kills it if you use half the bottle.

This is true. I like just a little bit of steak sauce along with my juicy steak, I'll usually put a bit of it on my plate and just dip the cut piece ever so lightly into it mixing the juice of the meat and the spice of the sauce... that's good eating.

Rare stake looks bloody, kind of like you just killed it. That's what I've always made the assumption too. I think it tastes wayyy better.

Guest Vitamin X

Steak sauce does kill a steak. Rubbing herbs or spices on it is good, but you don't put A1 on a good cut of steak. And medium rare is the way to go- but I have nothing against people who do well-done.

And hey, I can comment in the thread since I used to be exclusively carnivorous, but these days the steaks I eat are swordfish, ahi tuna, and shark. All I still firmly believe in eating medium-cooked, and either already marinated with good sauce, or covered in a cream sauce. The only steaks I think I remember eating with A1 are like, Denny's steaks.

Beef steak? Medium-well. Medium if I'm feeling gutsy but I've been a magnet for food poisoning all my life.

Tuna steak? It's so hard to fuck up rare tuna so I almost always get just barely seared on the ouside, with a good 80% of the center a nice dark red. Sliced thin over an asian salad and it's an orgasm in your mouth.

Mmmm ahi.

-Annie

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Cheap and burnt.

On the rare occasion I spend a lot on a steak, medium.

I don't think it is a masculinity thing for me, either. I didn't like steak when I was growing up because I thought it was too tough and chewy. That was because my mom couldn't stand the "blood" and cooked it well-done. At a friend's house, his dad cooked it medium-rare, and I was hooked. As I started cooking them myself in high school, I migrated to rare because that was the flavor and moistness that I liked. Also, I am a non-steak sauce man. Marinate or rub it before it is grilled, but I add nothing to it after it is cooked.

Medium rare at home or out. Olive oil, salt, pepper, that's it, and a small pat of butter on top afterwards while I let the juices settle throughout the meat. I like a nice porterhouse to get some variety in a single steak, though I probably do the best job cooking a New York strip.

Also going with medium rare, with a nice side of mushrooms.