TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Konnan files lawsuit against TNA

TNA fires back

The link to the TNA filing is a pretty interesting read.

According to TNA:

1. Konnan's signed contract prohibits him from suing them for his injuries.

2. He's suing for racial discrimination because they made him play...his same character he's had forever.

3. He continued to work for TNA and develop LAX storylines after his complaint events would have taken place.

4. He's also suing because he says that minorities are paid unfairly. I'm no lawyer...but the dude didn't work a match for TNA due to his injuries for a long time...and I'm sure all TNA has to do is show that he got paid more for being a manager than a guy like...let's say Eric Young got paid to wrestle every night.

5. Konnan thinks he should own the LAX gimmick...despite his signing away any rights to intellectual properties in his contract.

So...according to TNA, Konnan's own contract told him that they weren't responsible for his injuries (and IIRC they still lent him money...which isn't something that they would have had to do), and that they retained all their trademarks (which is just basic).

And the racist stuff is mildly offensive on Konnan's part. They kept paying him when he couldn't wrestle anymore. He had all these MAJOR grievences with the company...but still kept cashing their checks and not saying anything.

He's suing because they made him portray a hispanic wrestler.

Seriously...that's what it says.

Wow...........ok, this isn't even going to be settled out of court. He has absolutely no case whatsoever.

He signed a contract saying he couldn't sue them for injuries even if they had been negligent? Christ on a cracker, boy. I don't know how that contract stands up against the WWE ones, but, damn. I mean, I'd have expected something like you would need overwhelming evidence of negligence or something like that, but just 'no, no matter what we did, you can't sue us' would make me think twice, thrice and four times about signing.

So, he says he should own the rights to LAX, which he created and had creative control over, even setting in on the booking meetings at one point, and yet he also wants to sue them for making him play that character, which happens to be the same one he's had since he joined the nwo in, like, 1996?

haha. K-Dawg, youre fucked homie.