TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steviekick

The one where we talk about Secret Invasion

Having read Dark Reign and the most recent Uncanny X-Men, I have to say that Emma Frost is becomming one of the most compelling characters in the Marvel universe. Her very world is crumbling around her, her relationship with Scott is strained, she's guilty over not having saved Kitty, and she's being pulled into events taht wil, more likely than not, dictate the future of mutant kind, thanks to Norman. I'm also starting to like Tony Stark again, having read Worlds Most Wanted part 1.

How long do you all think Norman will be in charge before he's ousted, do you think?

I think Norman will go for a couple of months. Is Dark Reign an 8 part mini series like SE? Do we see Stark back in power with SHIELD being re-opened?

How long do you all think Norman will be in charge before he's ousted, do you think?

A good while, I hope. He's been righteously awesome in Thunderbolts, and if he's written even half as well elsewhere it'll be good stuff.

I liked his interaction with Tony Stark in the latest Invincible Iron Man. Especially when he thinks he's gotten his hands on the Superhero Registration database, and discovers Tony's final 'fuck you'.

I was speaking to a friend of mine today about Dark Reign. There were his thoughts:

Osborn into power is potentially interesting. Except when you look at it rationally and you have to ask just what is the US Goverment and the general populace in the Marvel Universe smoking? Yeah we'll give the Green Goblin a man with no respect for the social rules and moral attitudes of our society absolute power over organisations like Shield (or Shield's replacement rather) and techonological powerhouses like Stark Industries. Sure why not? He's a fine upstanding citizen who has been running a covert team of Supervillains whose sole task was to take down superheroes under a previous regime that didn't work out. So what if he occasionally wears a Goblin mask and ignores the rules on which our society is founded on. Why should we care he killed the Skull Empress right?

It is so stupid

and the thing is I know Bendis can do better

I recently read his entire Daredevil run

Which is pretty much five years of absolute writing genius.

How he can go from that to this thing I just don't know.

I didn't understand that either. He was unmasked as the Green Goblin. He went to jail. He's a known killer- hell, even during Civil War, when he was being controlled, he tried to kill Ben Urich- AGAIN. Hell, he just killed one of the Thunderbolts! That's why I wonder how long this will last, cause Norman ain't stable and will probably end up shooting himself in the foot.

That's why I don't think this will last longer than a couple of months. Stark won't take the job back and Fury will be placed in charge under a new regime.