TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Madden, NFL Head Coach, and NCAA Football 2009

Madden needs to give you the option to quit and take the win without having to finish against the CPU online.

I shouldn't have to finish vs. CPU just because someone decides to quit after throwing an interception late in the third quarter while being down 11 points.

Anyone else encounter this?

I just finished my Texans season 7-9 (which is terrible considering I went 11-5 for 3 straight seasons on '08) and fired Kubiak. I hired Mike Tice, i'm just wondering how I can make a custom playbook or what-not.

Madden needs to give you the option to quit and take the win without having to finish against the CPU online.

I shouldn't have to finish vs. CPU just because someone decides to quit after throwing an interception late in the third quarter while being down 11 points.

Anyone else encounter this?

Yes and it is especially annoying because after playing a human opponent for a couple of quarters you can usually pick up some tendencies and play better defense, but then switching to a CPU opponent is like starting over against an opponent you know nothing about, so it takes any advantage away.

If someone punks out and leaves the game, it should be an automatic win.

It should definitely be an auto-win.

The guy I last played against on Madden yesterday threw a pick late in the third after I had gone up 14-3, and then he quit leaving me to have to finish against the CPU. Come to find out after checking his stats, the guy had a 50% DNF and a record of 2-20 or something along those lines.

Where in the hells are you seeing Head Coach 09 for ten dollars?

It still is pretty expensive from what I can see online.

Walmart here is selling it for 10. I don't know if it was a sale or they are just trying to get rid of the inventory they have (the red tag made me think it was a clean out type thing). But a 10 dollar price tag on a PS3 game made me extremely unsure of getting it. We are going back tomorrow to try to snag a copy since they had a ton left.

So, a little while ago, I had the most fucked up play in Madden.

I was playing the Cards, and they were trying to move down field before halftime. They had gotten down to my 35 yard line, and took their final timeout with 9 seconds remaining in the half.

So: 1st & 10 on my 35 with 9 seconds and no timeouts remaining, care to guess what play they ran?

If you said a punt, you are correct!

So, a little while ago, I had the most fucked up play in Madden.

I was playing the Cards, and they were trying to move down field before halftime. They had gotten down to my 35 yard line, and took their final timeout with 9 seconds remaining in the half.

So: 1st & 10 on my 35 with 9 seconds and no timeouts remaining, care to guess what play they ran?

If you said a punt, you are correct!

That happens all the time. Next time you play, ask Madden if you are at the 30 yard line or further back. He'll always tell you to punt the ball. Apparently Madden and the rest of the league have absolutely no faith in kickers. Meanwhile, I'm trotting my guy out from 35 yards since I don't recall ever having a field goal of 55 yards or less end up short.

So, I've been doing a few Madden sims, and apparently Madden thinks that the Steelers have no chance of winning the Super Bowl.

Arizona has won all 3 of my simulations: 26-16, 33-16, and 28-21. Pittsburgh scored 2 garbage time TDs in the last 35 seconds of that last one, so it was nowhere near as close as the score.

Cause the Steelers are a defensive team and the Cardinals are offensive. There is no such thing as a winning "strong defense" team in Madden. It just refuses to let it happen. In one of my season, the Jags were by far the best defense in the league and they stepped into the first round of the playoffs against a Jim Sorgi led no Joseph Addai, Wayne or Harrison Colts and the Colts scored 35. For no other reason that I can tell other than Madden figures the Colts score a lot of points and the Jaguars are just defense.

A massively fast, hard hitting defense does not exist in Madden.

Oh, and Madden also seems to think that Willie Parker is the worst player to ever step on a football field. In those 3 games, he's gotten less than 100 yards combined, and fumbled 4 times.

My Madden seems to hate Dwayne Jarrett. In three of my franchises, his career is already over. Once he didn't get two games into his rookie season, another he lasted a year before getting a career ending injury in the preseason and in another he lasted until year two week 15 before they ended it.

I'm glad I've never been the Panthers, I'd be pissed by now.