TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

24/7 Shorties

They get brownie points for having a bikini-clad Mickie James introduce the clips. A bit of eye candy is nice from time to time, but it's tiresome when the shorties consist of five clips lasting less than ten minutes apiece.

That sounds familiar. Let me look it up.

Pamela Paulshock refused to participate in the Nitro Bikini Contest unless she was promised the win. Instead of telling her to hit the bricks, they bowed down to her and agreed. She sure learned the wrestling business quickly. The other girls were understandably upset with having to go out there and lose a worked contest to a girl who never even stripped down to her bikini bottoms. Shockingly, WCW.com ran a poll the next afternoon and, believe it or not, Pamela was winning that one too. Amazing.

The WCW Bikini Contest was very poorly organized.

Duggan's the best heel ever though. Tylene Buck (I keep typing Tylene Bust accidentally over and over) sounds like the woman from the "Whurrweulf" episode of MST3K.

Duggan's SHUT YOUR MOWWWWWWWTTTHHHH!!! used to make me and my brother crack up constantly back then. He tried using that as a catchphrase during his heel turn.

These Ric Flair promos are fantastic. The one from 1/3/87 is so over the top and ridiculous, it's amazing.

I liked the one with Dusty in the splitscreen pulling out some cash and counting it as Flair goes on about how much money he's made.

I love the Flair Philly interview from 1/31/00. It seemed like Flair was trying to go heel, but the crowd was having none of it. Flair cracking on Terry Funks shirt was also greatness.

The January 98 promo from Nitro featuring Flair and Bret is amazing stuff. The one where Mean Gene is in his dressing room (and Flair is decked out in a sweater, which seems like an odd visual) and Flair starts the Liz angle en route to Mania VIII is good stuff too.

I forgot how great that bit with Flair's "pictures" of Elizabeth was. Awesome segment. I remember getting the WWF Magazine before that interview aired so I knew what Flair was going to reveal ahead of time. Very fun segment.

Seeing the May 1981 promo by Flair was cool too because outside of youtube, I haven't seen a lot of pre-World Champion Flair stuff from the WWE. The tapes from Jim Crockett Promotions (which encompasses Mid-Atlantic) only go back to the 1980s. So all that great stuff from Flair from the seventies seems to be lost, save for tape collectors and youtube.

I'm also fairly certain I saw a news piece about that angle on Entertainment Tonight. I remember telling my school yard chums that I saw video of Flair and Liz posing for those pictures so the whole "they were doctored" deal wasn't quite on the level.

I'm also fairly certain I saw a news piece about that angle on Entertainment Tonight. I remember telling my school yard chums that I saw video of Flair and Liz posing for those pictures so the whole "they were doctored" deal wasn't quite on the level.

A friend and I were talking about this the other night. They simply had Liz stay completely still while Macho and Flair switched places.

The January 98 promo from Nitro featuring Flair and Bret is amazing stuff. The one where Mean Gene is in his dressing room (and Flair is decked out in a sweater, which seems like an odd visual) and Flair starts the Liz angle en route to Mania VIII is good stuff too.

Just watched the Flair/Bret interview and it was great. I had forgotten that they acknowledged the fact that Bret had defeated Flair before. Flair has a great line where he says "I'm not saying I'm who I was ten years ago. Back then, I could wrestle with a broom but now I need heartbeat."

The Flair promo from Thunder in 1999 is pretty good. Lots of passion shown there. It's a real shame because Flair, as the "president of WCW", is so damned livid about the Finger Poke of Doom and promises punishment for those involved, but, best I can recall, NOTHING HAPPENED (except the company unofficially dying).

The 2000 bit where he imitates Vince Russo as a little Italian boy is what it is.

I was so happy to see the February 2007 promo is him bitching out Carlito for being a "lazy son of a bitch" and leaving before the main event.

The Flair promo from Thunder in 1999 is pretty good. Lots of passion shown there. It's a real shame because Flair, as the "president of WCW", is so damned livid about the Finger Poke of Doom and promises punishment for those involved, but, best I can recall, NOTHING HAPPENED

Came to post this exact thought. I guess it led to the Flairs vs. Windham and Hennig, but that just led to another nWo beatdown. So I guess you're right.

EDIT: The angle ends with Flair turning heel and Hogan turning face. That's the final payoff. WCW Wuz Awesome.

The Flair promo from Thunder in 1999 is pretty good. Lots of passion shown there. It's a real shame because Flair, as the "president of WCW", is so damned livid about the Finger Poke of Doom and promises punishment for those involved, but, best I can recall, NOTHING HAPPENED

Came to post this exact thought. I guess it led to the Flairs vs. Windham and Hennig, but that just led to another nWo beatdown. So I guess you're right.

EDIT: The angle ends with Flair turning heel and Hogan turning face. That's the final payoff. WCW Wuz Awesome.

That Flair promo was awesome. About the only good thing to come out of the "Finger Poke of Doom" fiasco.

The two interviews with Piper are interesting. The first one in 83 featured a typically coked-out-of-his-mind Piper. The second one, in 1997, had a lot of homoerotic undertones between the two.

I'm mad that the second batch of promos was yanked after a week. I never got to see them.

They're all one week. Quick turnaround, but on the plus side you get 40 of them in total, an insane amount.

Speaking of weird Flair/Piper promos, I can't find this one on YouTube anymore so I hope they put it up before the month is over. Flair is in DC and going mad with power being WCW president (its March or April of 1999), so he makes Piper "Vice President of the World!" and Piper postulates that "even though you don't smoke, if you got hit by a tobacco truck and died, I'd be president!!".

And of course they threaten to have sex with Hillary Clinton and random peoples' wives. It's awesome.

I was looking over the scheduled promos they're adding tonight and while I originally thought nothing of it, reading old F4W's made the "August 6, 2006" date stand out a bit more. It's one of those great promos he did to build up to the Foley match, but sadly I do not think it's the one where he knee drops the book.