TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest georgia003

Looking to get a new Laptop

Guest georgia003

ok...so ive been looking around for a new laptop...a gaming one...and ive found 2 so far that i like...which ill link to....but i figure why not ask for some other peoples opinions...now i want a cool looking laptop....looks matter...with a NICE graphics card...no integrated or shared crap....price range...up to $2000...

heres the 2 ive found

Sony VAIO SZ VGN-SZ680ND

http://www.dealstudio.com/viewtopic.php?t=37576&ru=290

Toshiba Satellite X205-S9800

http://www.buy.com/retail/Product.asp?sku=206650190

I'd definitely go with the Toshiba. For one it has a better screen and a better graphics card.

There is a GIGANTIC difference in size and weight there.

One is 13 inches (the size of a Macbook), the other is 17, which is not very good for carrying. Even my 15 incher is a pain for that.

So factor that in, and see what matters more to you: portability or performance.

The Sony has a hybrid graphics, which means it has integrated as well as a dedicated one that I think you can switch back and forth. But I'd guess even the dedicated one isn't as good as the Toshiba's.

Toshiba = very large but better graphics

Sony = not as good graphics but small and lightweight.

I think it's more important, in a lot of ways, that the graphics are at a premium over the weight and heighth and size of the unit. You're using a computer, not lifting it, :) , so why odes it matter how lightweight it is? You just plunk it down on your desk anyways.

Animated_Siren.gif FUN FACT:Animated_Siren.gif

YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO USE A LAPTOP IN YOUR LAP!!!

Laptops reach tempertures of 120 degrees or more, and if you actually put that in your lap, it would sterilize your balls and run the risks of prostate cancer. Think of a laptop as a desktop that is made in one piece. It doesn't matter how heavy or light or thin it is. Get the best sounds, graphics, and performance on the market.