TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Honestly, who the fuck likes jax?

I liked how he acted bad-ass in the Mortal Kombat: Armaggedon opening...before being punked out by Shao Khan and his hammer.

...damnit, now I'm mentally visualizing a Shao Khan/Darkseid match.

Just noticed something.

Go to the website for the game (listed on the first page)

When you get there, click Sub-Zero's eye.

weird. I clicked all the images and nothing happens. I assume that the "?" will eventually be replaced by pics, or some content

Where the fuck is Hawkman?!!

Honestly, who the fuck likes jax?

I liked him in MK2 before he became Cyber Commando.

Where the fuck is Hawkman?!!

If you're not joking...pining in a corner at the fact that the Justice League cartoon made Hawkgirl a more well-known character than he is.

Plus, I doubt he'll get in before Wonder Woman and, if they decide to battle-suit him, Lex Luthor.

What was up with Shazam's cheer? Didn't really strike me as a fan favorite. Then again I don't read comics, so maybe I underestimate his draw.

Yeah, Jax getting punked in public is pretty funny. Where's Johnny Cage dammit?

Part of it had to do with the MK voice in combination with the name and that it was at Comic Con. Reading some of the largely uninformed reactions on the other side of the coin you wouldn't think he was a favorite though.

This game needs Deathstroke.

Not liking the way this one is turning out at all. I was excited when it was first announced, but it just isn't living up to what a next gen game should be IMO. For one, a 20 man roster? How is it, that the last game, that was on a last gen console had 60? Not only that but it came with mini games as well, which don't seem to be included this time around. And even if there's less people because the character models are better (Other then the fact they get ripped up, they don't seem that much better) still, from 60 to 20? That's a huge jump. Especially considering they've added a whole other universe....which should have opened up even more character options for them.

I made a joke the other day there was no need for me to get this, since the CAS on Soul Calibur was so good, but it's the truth. I've already created more DC characters, then there are characters included in this game. (Unless they're announcing more then 20). Some of them more accurate. When was the last time Catwoman wore purple? It seems a step back from the previous games. And they weren't even THAT good. (Well, Deception at least, never played Armageddon.)

Hopefully someone else I know will get this, so I can borrow it, just to play Konquest. But I doubt I'll be picking this one up.

Just noticed if the last DC character does turn out to be WW, there will only be 1 1/2 DC villians..

But one should note, of the 60 person roster, there were so many clones and reskins of people that the number should be down to 30. Then there are the ninjas that all seem to look alike and fight alike except the two(maybe three if you count Reptile) people care about. I don't mind a smaller roster, as long as everyone is different. Because the biggest problem with the last few MK games (and SC 3 and 4), is that too many fight alike to the point that there is no point of having the two of them in there. Why have 30 to 60 fighters if 20 to 30 of them are just re-skins.

The simultaneous "NOOOOO!" was pretty funny.

VOICE OVER: JAX!

CROWD: YE-NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

VOICE OVER: THE JOKER

CROWD: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAH!

Joker's pop lead over into Kitana.

(Well, Deception at least, never played Armageddon.)

You did, basically. Imagine Deception, but subtract one of unarmed fighting styles from each character.

How is it, that the last game, that was on a last gen console had 60?

That's what they did with some of the unarmed styles they "saved" from stripping it from those characters. :P Spread 'em around.

MK vs. DC seems so half-assed. The team used the Unreal engine to...present us with basically the same animation and moves that were in Deadly Alliance and its inbred offspring.

This thread sure deflated my enthusiasm about the game haha - is it really going to be this disappointing?

Depends on how you feel about Deadly Alliance, et. all the ones since.

However, all the talk about this being a giant leap forward for the series, or a return to form of the style of the 2D games, etc. seems to be idle talk while the products themselves are more of the same.

FFS, Armageddon didn't even have *character bios* in them, let alone real endings (it was text + kata BS).

Not liking the way this one is turning out at all. I was excited when it was first announced, but it just isn't living up to what a next gen game should be IMO. For one, a 20 man roster? How is it, that the last game, that was on a last gen console had 60? Not only that but it came with mini games as well, which don't seem to be included this time around. And even if there's less people because the character models are better (Other then the fact they get ripped up, they don't seem that much better) still, from 60 to 20? That's a huge jump. Especially considering they've added a whole other universe....which should have opened up even more character options for them.

Do you really need more than 20 characters, though? Seriously, who has the time to perfect playing with each and every character? Also, there'll probably be a few more than 20 in the end.. gotta remember boss characters. ;)

I'm cool with 20 Characters as long as they are memorable ones. Don't really care is Sector and Cyrax, and other "reskins" are in the game.

Ditto. I'm cool with the mains and some playable boss characters added to the mix. I'm hoping Darkseid is in there! Or Luthor in his power suit! :P

Ditto. I'm cool with the mains and some playable boss characters added to the mix. I'm hoping Darkseid is in there! Or Luthor in his power suit! :P

I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if Luthor wasn't in the game in one form or another.

Besides The Joker, he's one of the most well-known villains that DC has.

New characters announced.

The second character announced was kinda a surprise to me, as that character is only really known from his appearence in the Teen Titans toon under a different name.

No way dude. Deathstroke was a huge part of the Teen Titans comics. He also had big roles in Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis. I mean, sure he's not the first DC villain you can think of when it comes to the DCU.. but he is one of the only guys out there that not even Batman can defeat in hand to hand combat.

Also - the vibe out there is that Deadpool was actually based directly off of Deathstroke, and Marvel has even acknowledged this in a round about way. ;) Can you imagine that tag team? Deadpool & Deathstroke? Shit man, that's one team-up series I'd buy into in a second! :P

True enough, but chances are any "gen pub" MK fans will know who he is or at least won't have to make too big of a leap to figure it out.

Knowing the people from Mortal Kombat, I'm sure they'll provide a huge backstory as they normally do.