TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

What were your 1-year-before Wrestlemania predictions?

right after WM, i predicted the main event of WM2 would be Hogan vs Piper for the title

right after WM2, i was positive WM3's ME would be hogan defending against savage

after 3, i was confident Hogan would go turn heel again and lose the strap to Ricky Steamboat at WM4

after 4, i thought dibiase would gain the belt and drop it to hogan at WM5 for hogan's final run as champ

after 5, i figured savage would regain and feud with Jake the Snake, who would DDT him for the title at WM6. I envisioned Jake celebratin with Damien around his shoulders, holdin' the belt and tellin the snake "we did it damien!"

after 6, i told everyone that UW would defend against the HTMan at WM7

after 7, i knew it'd definitely be Hogan defending vs Taker at WM8

after 8, i foresaw Ric Flair losing the title to the UWarrior at WM9

after 9, i bet everyone that Hogan would retire at WM10 by dropping the strap to the Narcissist

after 10, alot of people called HBK-Hart for WM11 (they were a year off)

after 11, i guessed Diesel-Hart for wm12

after 12, me and others predicted Hart-Taker for wm13

after 13, Hart's turn looked so discouraging, i bet on HBK-Taker for 14

after 14, I figured SCSA going over Kane at wm15, defending his strap

after 15, i woulda given anything for a Rock-SCSA rematch at wm16

after wm2000, i hoped for HHH-Rock at wm2001. 1 on 1, no 4 way

after x-seven, i bet people that x8's ME would be SCSA vs Goldberg

after x8, I was sure they's book Hogan-SCSA to main event wmx9

after 19, i predicted Lesnar-HHH at WM20

after 20, i was tellin everyone that Eddie would feud with HHH and regain the title at wm21

after 21, i guessed maybe they'd have HHH-Cena-Batista in a 3 way dance for wm22

my 1 year prediction for wm23 was Batista-Orton for the WHC

after 23, i was 100% confident they were saving Cena-Batista for the wm24 ME

anybody else have predictions gone wrong?

Well, after WM15 I predicted Austin-Big Show for WM16. Well, maybe not so much "predicted" as that's what every wrestling website was saying was going to happen. Of course, they killed that by having Austin beat him clean the week before 15.

After 21 I predicted HHH-Cena for 22. I think everyone did.

Regarding the original post, I appreciate all the different ways of saying "I thought the main event would be..."

I remember reading after WM 19 that they were already planning for a Brock vs. HHH match for WM 21. Obviously it was never able to be done.

I don't remember much, but one sure match I thought they would end up doing was Austin vs. HHH for WM 18.

I think HBK/Taker is a safe bet for Mania next year. They've had a nice slow burn going into it, the final two in the Rumble last year and the first two this year and plus it's in Huston.

Now if they're going for a long Taker reign, do you have him keep until Mania and then have Shawn win the rumble? Or is there another way? Personally, I'd rather not see Michaels win the rumble.

shit, I 4got to post my WM25 ME prediction. here's the 11 month prediction

John Morrison vs John Cena for the WWE title (Cena goes over, unfortunately)

I distinctly remember predicting Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel at WrestleMania XI one year before it went down. I had no idea that the WWF Championship would be factored in, though.

WM 10 - I thought Hogan was going to main event again

WM 19 - I predicted RVD would've won the WWE Championship

right after WM, i predicted the main event of WM2 would be Hogan vs Piper for the title

right after WM2, i was positive WM3's ME would be hogan defending against savage

after 3, i was confident Hogan would go turn heel again and lose the strap to Ricky Steamboat at WM4

after 4, i thought dibiase would gain the belt and drop it to hogan at WM5 for hogan's final run as champ

after 5, i figured savage would regain and feud with Jake the Snake, who would DDT him for the title at WM6. I envisioned Jake celebratin with Damien around his shoulders, holdin' the belt and tellin the snake "we did it damien!"

after 7, i knew it'd definitely be Hogan defending vs Taker at WM8

after 8, i foresaw Ric Flair losing the title to the UWarrior at WM9

after 9, i bet everyone that Hogan would retire at WM10 by dropping the strap to the Narcissist

after 10, alot of people called HBK-Hart for WM11 (they were a year off)

after 11, i guessed Diesel-Hart for wm12

after 12, me and others predicted Hart-Taker for wm13

after 13, Hart's turn looked so discouraging, i bet on HBK-Taker for 14

after 14, I figured SCSA going over Kane at wm15, defending his strap

after 15, i woulda given anything for a Rock-SCSA rematch at wm16

after wm2000, i hoped for HHH-Rock at wm2001. 1 on 1, no 4 way

after x-seven, i bet people that x8's ME would be SCSA vs Goldberg

after x8, I was sure they's book Hogan-SCSA to main event wmx9

after 19, i predicted Lesnar-HHH at WM20

after 20, i was tellin everyone that Eddie would feud with HHH and regain the title at wm21

after 21, i guessed maybe they'd have HHH-Cena-Batista in a 3 way dance for wm22

my 1 year prediction for wm23 was Batista-Orton for the WHC

after 23, i was 100% confident they were saving Cena-Batista for the wm24 ME

Dont worry Sport, you'll get it right one year.

Seriously? What led you to believe Honky was getting a main-event run?

you blokes also have to post your predictions for the WM25 Main Event. Come on, lets hear them now

WWE Championship

HHH vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship

CM Punk vs. Batista

HBK vs The Undertaker (very confindent on this, like 99% sure)

John Cena vs Steve Austin (or The Rock if Austin is too injured but he has heavily hinted he wants one more match and where better than Mania in Texas)

HHH in a world title match

Seriously? What led you to believe Honky was getting a main-event run?

I felt the Honky Tonk Man was the best heel in the WWF since Macho. I was a huge mark for Tonkey, he just knew how to be an evil bastard and get under the skin of the faces. Also, he mocked the legend of Elvis and so did "Colonel" Jimmy Hart. So hateable (to the marks), he was a grade A villain.

Anyway, I felt Rythm and Blues was holding him down and he was just too brilliant to be part of a tag team. Plus, the other heels in the WWF weren't evil enough to put on a good program with the UW. I figured the best feud the WWF can put on for WM7 was to have Honky start to talk smack about UW, calling him a bum and a freak and saying that HTM deserved a shot at the world title since he gave UW an opportunity of the IC title, which he believed he lost unfairly. It would be a slow burn, starting around summerslam time and just increasing over time with honky insulting and calling out UW more and more. He'd become more sinister and this would make him seem more dangerous in the ring. HTM cut cut some badass promos and his constant heckling of the UW week after week would have been gold. Jimmy Hart couda been wearin an UW mask during HTM's matches just to mock the current champ. HTM would develop from a cartoony heel to a seriously evil and heartless son of a bitch, whose hatred for the warrior would scare the younger fans. the heat woulda been off the charts until UW would finally accept the challenge to face HTM at WM7 for the title. the younger fans would honestly believe that HTM had a legitimate shot at winning the belt, but of course, UW would go over in Hoganian fashion. One year before WM7, i felt this would be where the WWF would be a year later and it sounded good.

who knew warrior would flop as champ and that vince would exploit the Gulf war. it's fun to make long term predictions anyway

After 'Mania 8 and all through that summer, I was expecting a Warrior heel turn with him beating Savage for the belt at Summerslam, then Warrior vs. Hogan 2 at Caesars Palace

After 'Mania 11 I was thinking they would put the HBK/Diesel saga on simmer and build it up for another year with Shawn winning at WM 12

As for WM 25, I got Cena/HHH for WWE title, Orton/Punk/Edge for WHC, and HBK/Undertaker penciled in

After 'Mania 8 and all through that summer, I was expecting a Warrior heel turn with him beating Savage for the belt at Summerslam, then Warrior vs. Hogan 2 at Caesars Palace

After 'Mania 11 I was thinking they would put the HBK/Diesel saga on simmer and build it up for another year with Shawn winning at WM 12

As for WM 25, I got Cena/HHH for WWE title, Orton/Punk/Edge for WHC, and HBK/Undertaker penciled in

Close, it was Orton/HHH and Cena/Show/Edge for WHC.

My prediction for WM26 main event was Orton-Cena

For WM27, I thought we'd get Sheamus-taker, with Sheamus ending the Streak.

There was a 1 day window in between the end of WM27 and the Rock-Cena announcement. The night of WM27, I called Cena-Edge-Punk 3 way dance for WM28 main event.

After once in a lifetime, I predicted Cena-Punk for WM29

After WM29, I predicted Lesnar-Punk-Cena 3way for XXX

After XXX, I predicted Daniel Bryan-Lesnar for wm31

After WM31, I made the same Bryan-Lesnar prediction for WM32

After WM32, I predicted AJ Styles-Lesnar for WM33

And after WM33, I predicted AJ-Lesnar again, but now we all know it will be Roman-Lesnar