TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Full Impact spoilers for 5/8

Impact for May 8th

- Jim Cornette comes to the ring and calls out the eight participants in the Deuces Wild tournament and says he will announce two of the teams today. Sting and Cowboy James Storm are the first team picked. Storm says he doesn't want to be Sting's partner and he and Sting go to blows. They announce Sting vs. James Storm in a No DQ match later in the show.

- Jimmy Rave defeated Petey Williams, Curry Man, Johnny Devine, Shark Boy and Consequences Creed in a six-way non-title X Division match.

- Backstage, Jim Cornette announces to the Knockouts that there will be an "Immunity Pole Match" where the winner will be immune from getting her head shaved at the PPV.

- Gail Kim won the Knockouts Immunity Pole match featuring all the participants from the Sacrifice Hair match.

- Sting defeated Cowboy James Storm in a No DQ match.

- Cornette comes out to draw the next two names for the Deuces Wild tournament and picks Matt Morgan and Kip James. They start brawling with each other, so Cornette starts a match between the two.

- Matt Morgan defeated Kip James.

- Scott Steiner & Kurt Angle defeated Kevin Nash & Samoa Joe. Angle attacked Steiner after the match.

Xplosion Match: Motor City Machine Guns & Kaz defeated Black Reign, Rellik & Lance Hoyt.

Two 'tag partners who hate each other' angles for the price of one.

Would it really be too much to ask and not have Booker/Roode as a team for Deuces Wild?

Granted BG/Booker and Roode/Kong aren't great teams, but they've completely played out face/heel enemies as partners.

Though I admit I am slightly intrigued by a Kong/Booker pairing if just to see dynamic along with Sharmell and Saed.

Though I admit I am slightly intrigued by a Kong/Booker pairing if just to see dynamic along with Sharmell and Saed.

<Booker T>(seeing Awesome Kong).oO(Damn, and I thought that Midnight girl they stuck me with in WCW was ugly...)

Mike Johnson of the Professional Wrestling Insider website is reporting that Petey Williams suffered a broken orbital bone during his match at last night's Impact taping in Orlando, Florida.

It is expected that Williams will have to undergo surgery as a result of the injury.

Yeah, they're one step closer to a Booker/Kong team........sweet.....

Reminds me of Frogg_Neal's quote in the Joe thread:

Yeah, that's the same as everyone wanting black wrestlers to be in a program together, whether its fueding with each other, teaming together or managing each other.

NOD was 10 years ago, man. Sticking all the negroes together doesn't work now, sorry.

Mike Johnson of the Professional Wrestling Insider website is reporting that Petey Williams suffered a broken orbital bone during his match at last night's Impact taping in Orlando, Florida.

It is expected that Williams will have to undergo surgery as a result of the injury.

So many wrestlers getting injured outside of WWE this year. Scary.

Yeah, they're one step closer to a Booker/Kong team........sweet.....

Reminds me of Frogg_Neal's quote in the Joe thread:

Yeah, that's the same as everyone wanting black wrestlers to be in a program together, whether its fueding with each other, teaming together or managing each other.

NOD was 10 years ago, man. Sticking all the negroes together doesn't work now, sorry.

Hey, you're the one who's suggesting the notion that I just want them teamed up because they're both black. That has nothing to do with it. I'm seeing this more as a solid team that may be semi-long term here, based on similar character nuances. I'm guessing Booker goes heel at the ppv and I'm hopefully, to a degree, Booker and Kong are booked similar in a sense that they are both very no nonsense non-chicken shit heels (Kong already is of course) which I think would work great for a heel Booker character.

Wow, that was a long X division title reign he had there (note sarcasm). Will be interesting to see what they book on the fly for the ppv. Ultimate X elimination scramble match or something perhaps?

Wow, that was a long X division title reign he had there (note sarcasm). Will be interesting to see what they book on the fly for the ppv. Ultimate X elimination scramble match or something perhaps?

It's TNA, they'll probably let Raka Khan defend it for him and go over the whole division.

There's that new gimmick match that they're working on that's supposed to be for the X-Division workers. Some sort of crazy cage or something. Anyways, if Petey has to vacate the title due to his injury, they could just put the title up for grabs in this new match. Though that's depending on if they're going to have the match at Sacrifice or if they'll wait for one that isn't already loaded with gimmick matches.

Sting and Cowboy James Storm are the first team picked. Storm says he doesn't want to be Sting's partner and he and Sting go to blows. They announce Sting vs. James Storm in a No DQ match later in the show.

Cornette comes out to draw the next two names for the Deuces Wild tournament and picks Matt Morgan and Kip James. They start brawling with each other, so Cornette starts a match between the two.

There's that new gimmick match that they're working on that's supposed to be for the X-Division workers. Some sort of crazy cage or something. Anyways, if Petey has to vacate the title due to his injury, they could just put the title up for grabs in this new match. Though that's depending on if they're going to have the match at Sacrifice or if they'll wait for one that isn't already loaded with gimmick matches.

They announced the "Terrordome" match upcoming on Impact, although I didn't understand if it was for this next ppv or whenever. They also mentioned women only being involved in this, I think (I may be wrong there but I thought in the promo they mentioned "women competing") so if that's the case, this match will have to be saved for Slamiversary, since all of them are tied up in the Makeover Ladder Match, and Kong is in Deuces Wild. But at the TNA website they state the Terrordome match will "debut" at Sacrifice so who knows.

The concept itself is basically a 30 foot circular cage surrounding the ring and possibly ringside as well, and to win, well I really don't know all of the rules yet as they really didn't say much about it. I know this is basically the same concept that AAA uses as their signature gimmick match though, but typically it's done in a style where the idea is that it's a multi-man match and the object is to climb the cage and get through a hole on the top of the cage to "escape" and whoever is last inside the cage gets their head shaved, mask taken off, etc. So not sure what they will do with this, my assumption is that the winner is just the first person to escape the dome structure. Oh they also mentioned there is going to be something added to it all relating to Ultimate X so I really don't know what the deal is.

Ideally, I think this should be saved for the vacant X division title situation, but it should be held back til Slammiversary, since they already need to create new tag champs at Sacrifice in the Deuces Wild tourney and just throwing yet another gimmick into that show as a whole is overkill. Throwing the ladies in a match like this (if that really is the idea) also seems kind of odd, given the dangerous nature of climbing the structure and whatnot. X division guys or even your hardcore style workers would probably be better fit here.

No, no. The Terrordome thing is an X Division match at this PPV, while the women are in the battle royale with the head shaving stuff. I don't recall anything being said about women being in the Terrordome. Incidentally what is that Terrordome match FOR exactly? Is it #1 contender for the X Division belt? Or is the title actually at stake?

Yeah, its for the contendership to the X title, which means it sounds like Petey is going to continue to hold the title until he heals up a bit, so I would imagine no X title defense til Slammiversary for him. I'm still convinced that intially, the Terrordome idea appeared to be for the ladies. Cornette first brought it up when bitching about the attitudes of the women, and then last week during the vignette on the TD, the announcer said "women." So they changed it up apparently, which is way for the better. That should be a fun match for sure.

So at the ppv we have a really weird 8 team tag tournament that could either be hit or miss dependant on the booking of it, a 10 man Terrordome match, a 10 women ladder match, and a three way for the title. I will say this much, this ppv may possibly turn into a clusterfuck given the unique gimmicks and ideas they have attached to most of these matches, but it sure is certainly different on paper than most run of the mill throwaway ppvs. Heavy on gimmicks and stipulations, but I like the unpredictableness that the Deuces Wild tournament is providing here. We'll see how it turns out on Sunday....I have a feeling the main event will be strong, the tag tournament is probably going to be really mundane for the most part, the Terrordome match will likely deliver, and who knows on the women's match. I'm calling for either Roxxi or ODB to lose their hair.

Main highlight of Impact for me was Storm v. Sting, solid TV match that could have easily been thrown on ppv. The Stinger splash through Storm on the table in the corner was kick ass.

Matches for this Sundays PPV:

World Title Match

Samoa Joe © vs Kurt Angle vs Scott Steiner

Dueces Wild Tag Team Tournanment

Featuring - Team 3D, AJ and Super Eric, LAX, Christian and Rhino, Sting and Storm, Kip and Morgan with teams made up from Booker T, Robert Roode, BG James and Awesome Kong

Terrordome to determine a number one contender to the X Division title

Featuring - "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal, Curry Man, Kaz, Alex Shelley, Jimmy Rave, Chris Sabin, Johnny Devine, Shark Boy, Sonjay Dutt and Consequences Creed

Knockout Battle Royal leading to Ladder Match - One gets a title shot, one gets their head shaved

Featuring - Gail Kim, ODB, Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, Rhaka Khan, Roxxi, Salinas, Christy Hemme, Traci Brooks and Jacqueline

3 matches and a massive tag tournament = CLUSTERFUCK!

Main event - Joe retains

Tag Tournament - I'd like to see LAX win then fued with AJ and Tomko (once he'd returned)

Terrordome - Black Machismo, but I'd like to see them shake it up a bit and have someone different on the top of the card of the X division

Knockouts - Tough one to call. I can't see Kim going through as it then makes the stip useless. I'll call Roxxi and ODB with Roxxi getting the win.