Corn on the Cob vs Macaroni and Cheese

Bread Finals

Cheddar Biscuits vs Garlic Bread

Taters!

Fuckin' Baked Potato vs French Fries

Grains and Grains

Couscous vs. White Rice

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Corn on the Cob. I may have voted against this last round, but good delicious buttery salty roasty sweet corn on the cob beats the piss out of any starch and orange powder box or moist baked pasta casserole au gratin for thanksgiving I ever did eat.

Garlic Bread. Fuck a cheddar biscuit. That's some chain restaurant or mix shit. I never make something like this from scratch. Now some homemade crusty baguette with some kind of lovely garlic energy is magic.

French Fries. I'm not the biggest Fuckin' Baked Potato supporter. A loaded baked potato is a meal itself.

Couscous. It has sass.

Guest College Party
Corn on the Cob over Macaroni and Cheese....you all are insane.

Or we're over the age of eight.

I think you mac and cheese haters have just had Kraft or Stouffer's stuff. There's nothing on this list in the same realm as good homemade mac and cheese. Nothing.

I think you mac and cheese haters have just had Kraft or Stouffer's stuff. There's nothing on this list in the same realm as good homemade mac and cheese. Nothing.

Sea Shell Macaroni, three cheeses, some bread crumbs on top to give it a crunchy balance? Shit yeah.

I didn't realize corn on the cob was the epitome of high class and finer dining. My mistake.

Guest College Party

It's just pasta with melted cheese. It's heavy and gooey and not particularly interesting. You're romanticizing what isn't a quality side dish so much as a meal of last resort. At least corn on the cob is a great summer cookout food. Macaroni and cheese is either what your parents give you to fill you up because you still have indiscriminatory taste buds, or what you eat when you're poor. I mean, I love beef jerky, but deep down, I know it sucks. This is tantamount to saying that white bread is better than focaccia because we haven't had the really good white bread.

Picnic Finals

Bread Finals

Taters!

Grains and Grains

Couscous vs. White Rice

If my vote counts

Mac and Cheese. All too many times do I get stupid pieces of corn stuck in my fucking teeth that drive me up the fucking wall for hours on end. Mac and Cheese (and not the boxed stuff) may be the greatest comfort food of all time.

Garlic Bread. First off, those cheddar biscuits are nice, but the fact that you have to eat at fucking RED LOBSTER to get a good cheddar biscuit immediately turns me off of them. If I wanted shitty service and average seafood, I'd go to Long John Silver's. Garlic bread is versatile. Two pieces with BBQ pork in between them? Fantastic. Crusty, buttery bread on the side of a steak and potato? Awesome. Ghetto garlic bread (white bread with garlic, melted butter, parmesan cheese and fresh herbs stuck under the broiler for a few minutes). Awesome. It's a versatile side food that can be eaten at the start of the meal or used to sop up the steak juices at the end. So help me if garlic bread loses.

French fries. Only because they're easier to cook. A microwaved fucking baked potato doesn't taste right, and I don't always have all evening to cook one in the oven. Fries on the other hand are easy, go with lots of dishes and can take any kind of sauce you want to put on them. Vinegar and pepper? Ketchup? Anything works.

Couscous.

It's just pasta with melted cheese. It's heavy and gooey and not particularly interesting. You're romanticizing what isn't a quality side dish so much as a meal of last resort. At least corn on the cob is a great summer cookout food. Macaroni and cheese is either what your parents give you to fill you up because you still have indiscriminatory taste buds, or what you eat when you're poor. I mean, I love beef jerky, but deep down, I know it sucks. This is tantamount to saying that white bread is better than focaccia because we haven't had the really good white bread.

I love you Czech but you're way wroung. Good mac and cheese, with sharp cheddar, some bread crumbs is the perfect comfort food. I'm going to stop because I'm realizing this argument is so subjective and we aren't come to any sort of compromise.

And I have had some really good white bread. Not better than Focaccia though.

Guest Vitamin X

Same here, but I do wholeheartedly agree with the homemade Mac and Cheese thing. The Kraft or Stouffer's variety pales in comparison to actually taking pasta, cooking that, and then making the whole rest of it- grated cheddar, pecorino, romano, parmesan, etc. cheese, a bit of chopped garlic, sweet onion, and then some bread crumbs on top, and then baking it as a casserole.. THAT'S the good shit. You could argue that artisan white breads are far superior to say, 87 cent generic supermarket white bread as well, and probably better than focaccia but I'm not a huge focaccia fan either ways. My line of thinking to that is that EITHER that or the Kraft or Stouffer's in most certainly NOT a side dish as it takes an incredible amount of time and effort to consume, I mean- how exactly do you go about accompanying something like that? What main dish would you serve that with? I've seen people eat slices of baked ham or roast beef then mac and cheese on the "side". That's still really more like two main courses.

To me, a side dish is easily made, tasty and accompanies the main course well without trying to steal the spotlight. In that sense, cheddar biscuits would probably be out of the question (I have a super easy garlic bread recipe I make regularly) since they require baking mix, cheddar, and a while to make, but yeah I have no problem losing out to garlic bread here. This has to come down to Garlic Bread vs. French Fries, I think.

Picnic Finals

Bread Finals

Taters!

Grains and Grains

Couscous vs. White Rice

Fries on the other hand are easy, go with lots of dishes and can take any kind of sauce you want to put on them. Vinegar and pepper? Ketchup? Anything works.

Ever try them with mayo? I did because they said that in Pulp Fiction, and it wasn't good. They're actually pretty good with mustard. I like ranch dressing a lot too. Or dipping them in a shake. This here is really a lot of why fries are, essentially, the perfect side dish.

Fries on the other hand are easy, go with lots of dishes and can take any kind of sauce you want to put on them. Vinegar and pepper? Ketchup? Anything works.

Ever try them with mayo? I did because they said that in Pulp Fiction, and it wasn't good. They're actually pretty good with mustard. I like ranch dressing a lot too. Or dipping them in a shake. This here is really a lot of why fries are, essentially, the perfect side dish.

My sister does this, specifically, in Wendy's Frosties.

Guest Vitamin X

My two favorite french fry dips just so happen to be mayonnaise and Wendy's frosties! Sweet and sour sauce is also very good.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Fucking plague on all you sick cocksuckers with the fries in the Frosty. Sick sick sick.

Guest College Party

That guy is wearing a Hartford Whalers shirt.

I tried fries-in-the-Frosty once and found it kinda gross.