TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Fringe

I don't think she is a particularly bad actress, it might just be her being unable to convey much through her fake American, they just haven't given any reason to care about her. She'd be nothing without the insane doctor, yet they're trying to convince us she's some hot shot prospect.

And the cute black chick with the poofy hair is working for Massive Dynamic, or something, right?

The show still seems to stumble with character development but the storylines are at least interesting. Now that they have stopped with the "WHAT A TWIST" every week and tried to just settle in to building UP the twists it has gotten a touch better. But I'll admit freely that is it benefiting from absolutely nothing worth watching being on at 9pm on a Tuesday.

Also, the worst actor of the season is the guy playing Michael Knight on the new Knight Rider. My god, that guy is downright uninteresting with zero charisma.

Just saw the episode with the bald 'Observer' dude, but I can't help feel that they've jumped too far into the openly Sci-Fi element after 3/4 episodes. I'll see how it goes, the only really interesting thing is the Walter/Pacy thing, though it seems to obvious at the moment for them to really be a clone of each other or whatever.

No. Last night was boring as shit and the effects looked hokier then ever. Cool seeing Godfather from HBO's Generation Kill show up but besides that it blew. I'm giving this show until next week to keep me watching, if not I'm gone.

No. Last night was boring as shit and the effects looked hokier then ever. Cool seeing Godfather from HBO's Generation Kill show up but besides that it blew. I'm giving this show until next week to keep me watching, if not I'm gone.

I abandoned it for The Mentalist weeks ago. Simon Baker is awesome in it and it's a great holdover until Eureka returns. When Eureka returns, it's taking the recording slot.

Watching the taped episode of Fringe I came to realize that it just has zero personality and most of the acting hasn't improved. Now the effects and things are starting to slowly collapse as well.

Its got semi interesting on the last episode I saw before the 'winter break', I'm hooked enough to flag it to record when it comes back. Though its still a bit patchy and you can guess the episode as soon as it starts type of thing.

I think this show has a pretty simple problem, it's written like Lost only it lacks the 'holy shit' initial premise of a plane crashing into a deserted island. This just had a pretty standard 'bad guys are doing bad shit we need a team of weird good guys to help' start.

I don't think the acting is bad at all, the lead isn't relatable and pretty bland at times but she's not bad enough to distract from the father/son dynamic and Bishop's pure awesomeness. I like how they haven't given away too much of where they plan on going just like Lost, I mean after the first season I didn't hear any predictions about them leaving and having to come back for some greater purpose. I think we'll see the same thing with Fringe where what seems like a cut and dry story will end up taking a much more epic turn.

I have enjoyed every episode. I don't mind Anna Torv's acting, as it fits the character. Joshua Jackson is good in his role, and John Noble steals the scene most every time he appears on screen.

Big bump, almost a necro, as I had to mention how awesome the show is getting. The myth-arc elements are really starting to filter in, and everyone is starting to find their groove. You should have HEARD my loud scream when I saw the Returning in April ad.

I really think tonight's episode was the best of the season. I hope last week was the end of the John Scott story arc. This week started to really kick into gear some of the over arching themes of the show. I loved the reveal of Walter being the writer of the anarchist science book.

Just saw this week's episode. Good stuff. I like the different directions they take the show in.

I think that the lead is fine for the show. She's not great, but the stiff acting actually works for the character to me.

Love this show based on its continuation and how they produce a new story each week. They have got to get rid of Anna Torv though. She's horrendous. I wonder who she slept with to get this role.

Anna Torv probably didn't have to sleep with anyone to get the role, family connections is a more likely scenario - she is Rupert Murdoch's niece.

Love this show based on its continuation and how they produce a new story each week. They have got to get rid of Anna Torv though. She's horrendous. I wonder who she slept with to get this role.

Anna Torv probably didn't have to sleep with anyone to get the role, family connections is a more likely scenario - she is Rupert Murdoch's niece.

Well I was half right. Anna Torv just does nothing for me.

Fringe is back tonight, although if re-reading this thread is any indication, not too many people know or care.

They left off on a good note, finally taking a step in establishing what's to come without the concern of "giving anything away". Hopefully they keep that up tonight so we can get back into it after such a long break.

Some very cool casting news regarding who is to play Walter Bishops ex lab partner, now billionaire founder of Massive Dynamics:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/exclusive-fring.html

Scoop: 'Fringe' beaming up Spock!

Look at J.J. Abrams using his fancy sci-fi connections.

After collaborating on his upcoming Star Trek reboot, Abrams has signed Leonard Nimoy to join the cast of his Fox baby, Fringe.

The 78-year-old Trek icon will play William Bell, Walter Bishop's former lab partner-turned-millionaire founder of Massive Dynamic.

"It was a delight to work with Mr. Nimoy on Star Trek," J.J. tells me. "The idea that he will play the mysterious, much-referenced William Bell is a thrill. I know I sound like a goofy fan boy, but I can't help it: Leonard is an icon of the genre and such a wonderful actor. To have him come on board Fringe is a mind-blowing honor."

The character is slated to debut in next month's season finale and then return in the fall for an extended arc.

Reaction? Is your inner fanboy on the verge of exploding? Already salivating at the prospect of Nimoy geeking out with John Noble? Stunt value aside, do you think Nimoy is right for the part? Sound off below!