TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Adventurous Pizzas

I'm surprised you haven't had that more, living in California. Zucchini is very popular here, they put it on pizza and everything. But yes, friend is the best.

Speaking of California and odd pizza, I haven't been to California Pizza Kitchen in a while. I'll have to make a note of that.

This discussion sort of ties into what I'm going to say. You know what's a surprisingly awesome (well maybe just surprisingly awesome to me) pizza topping? Fried Eggplant. Possibly could be my new favorite pizza topping. The shit is heavenly.

It’s the food equivalent of a Real Doll — a revolting, plastic, desperate experience that would just rope you in with tractor beams powered by an evil curiosity.

Maybe that’s what the pistol’s for. Not to avoid the inevitable heart attack, but as an easy way out from the SHAME of it all.

So true.

And you know what... I'd totally try that.

Reminds me of the Hostess wedding cake (often incorrectly called a hillbilly or redneck wedding cake... that would be made of Little Debby).

Actually, there's pizza with hamburger as a topping, and chicken, and potato. The bread's a new one, but you know it tastes good. It's not that radical of a concept. It's got me wondering what else I could put on a pizza... tacos! Kung Pao shrimp! Spaghetti-Os! Oh yeah, I'm trying that one tonight.

Taco Pizza's been done, however mixing in actual full tacos on top of the typical pizza sauce is intriguing to say the least.

I had some pizza today that used creamy spinach instead of a tomato-based sauce. A+ will eat again

Tomato-based sauce is still the way to go, but I don't mind a change every now and then. The creamy spinach sounds a little gross, but I don't like spinach.....I used to make them with a herb and oil drip at a prior job and it was delicious.

Guest Vitamin X

I've seen garlic/olive oil, and pesto bases as well, but creamy spinach is delicious.

Fairly easy to make from scratch is a vegan foccacia- essentially you top the pizza with a pesto sauce (lightly! the biggest mistake is putting too much on) then just throw a bunch of chopped veggies on there. I like a mix of sundried tomatoes, garlic, onion, spinach, mushrooms, just anything that sounds good together. I saw one yesterday with onion, winter squash, garlic, and spinach.

Guest Vitamin X
The pizza I had was topped with pepperoni and andouille sausage Take that, vegans.

It was my first time having andouille. It was sweet and not very spicy, the latter of which was a surprise. Still, it was very good.

You should try fennel sausage. Even better than andouille. Pancetta is a damn good pizza topping as well.