TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

What the fuck, weather?

What the fuck, weather? After a week during which the temperature hovered between 90-100 degrees, it's now 52. Scary part is that I woke up to a tornado warning, after dreaming about a tornado hitting. After experiencing the tornadoes that destroyed a lot of shit in my hometown in March 2006 (Springfield, Illinois-

) that scares the shit out of me.

Right now it's raining pretty hard, with thunder and lightning and all that jazz. I also just found out that my friend, who lives in the same city, had snow fall in his yard. It's 50 degrees. How is that even possible?

l_5f9de5433048f35f4bfd6b38cb497e63.jpg

There had only been 1 snowfall here in 5 years (in December 2006). We're near the desert.

Finally the sun's starting to come out over here, even though I expect it to start raining soon. It's been raining for hours.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, the temperature up here shot up to mid-to-high 90's and then a 100 or so during the Obama rally. As of Monday, the temperature went back down to 50's and 60's. This has been the longest late winter/early spring ever.

I guess Obama just brought THE HEAT~

The randomness even gets down here. Texas should not be having 50 degree weather during daylight in May. Then the next day it'll go back up to a hundred and seventy. Nor should we keep getting the bizarrely abnormal level of rain we've been receiving over the last year. Last spring we had restrictions on when we could water our lawns and whatnot; after getting rainstorms every other day, the city actually voted to remove the regulations because we'd gotten so much excess precipitation that it no longer mattered.

EDIT: and oh yeah, the tornadoes. To explain what the tornadoes down here are like, allow me to quote a wee bit from The Blues Brothers. "How often does that train go by here?" "So often you won't even notice it."

It's been fucking retardedly hot down here lately. I had to get my work notebook out of my truck at around five this morning and was greeted by 85 degrees and humidity like mud. It's terrible.

I guess Obama just brought THE HEAT~

Not to mention HOT AIR~

It's not snowing here. I don't have to scrape ice off my car's windshield. I'm content. Then again, this is the third time this season the lawn has been mowed due to the rain. <_<

It's been in the 50s-60s the last couple of weeks. I love it. Supposed to hit the mid-80s this weekend. That weather I love not so much. I'm just not a big heat guy. I get uncomfortable if it his any higher than the high '80s. I'm not a fan of frigid winters, but this middle ground coupled with overcast skies is perfect.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

It's been absolutely beautiful here for the past week. Literally perfect weather.

Guest Desensitized

100 degrees and snow? Matt Young brought the Midwest with him to California.

50s-60s overcast isn't perfect. I thrive on sun and humidity. I also love the occasional wrath-of-a-vengeful-God summer evening thunderstorm with the exaggerated, almost cartoonish, lightning bolts that are only there for a split-second but feel like they linger much longer because the sight is so memorable. Yeah, that's the stuff.

yesterday, on the highway, while it was sunny... there was ONE isolated big black rain cloud, and it FUCKING POURED for a good ten minutes. like, hard to see the road, everyone slamming on their brakes, blinded by the water, downpour.

then it was sunny and pleasant again.

the only season i hate is summer. fat girls don't like it when it gets hot and muggy out. give me a snowstorm anytime.

It's been raining, pretty well non-stop, since Tuesday or Wednesday. My lawn needs it, so I won't complain. I'm disappointed, however, in the wind and cold that came with it.

Its actually very sunny and lovely in Newcastle at the moment, was for the most part last week too, until the 'by law crappy Bank Holiday' weather kicked in :D As for you American friends of mine, getting strange weather, doesn't El Nino come around once every 9 years or so and mess things up?

Guest Smues

Anchorage has pretty much been 40's-50's-low 60's and partly cloudy since mid April. Except for the last Friday of April when we got close to 2 feet of snow. But then it warmed right back up. If it never got warmer than mid 50's all summer it'd be perfect.

Guest Desensitized

How are there so many people here espousing love for mid 50s temperatures here? Are we a community of sweating pigs? That's nice weather for, like, October. I froze my ass off for five months. I demand humidity. I should just move to Florida.

Guest Smues

Fuck humidity. And cooler weather is nice because it's easier to put on more clothes and warm up than it is to take off my skin and cool down.

Gimme high 60s, medium humidity, partly cloudy weather and I'll be as happy as... uh... as... happy as a pale fat Southern guy in high 60s, medium humidity, and partly cloudy weather.

Guest Vitamin X
How are there so many people here espousing love for mid 50s temperatures here? Are we a community of sweating pigs? That's nice weather for, like, October. I froze my ass off for five months. I demand humidity. I should just move to Florida.

Entirely different sort of animal of humidity you'll encounter down there, I'm afraid. Good luck with that one.

But I'll agree. I actually prefer it in the low 70's or so, and then in the mid 60's for the evening. Which is roughly about 10 degrees more than we're getting right now.

Guest Epic Narcissism
50s-60s overcast isn't perfect. I thrive on sun and humidity. I also love the occasional wrath-of-a-vengeful-God summer evening thunderstorm with the exaggerated, almost cartoonish, lightning bolts that are only there for a split-second but feel like they linger much longer because the sight is so memorable. Yeah, that's the stuff.

Oh man, last Sunday delivered in this category. I don't suppose the brief 0% visibility was much fun driving home that night, but at one point I drove beneath an overpass where there was so much standing water that it was like riding a log flume, the way the water flew. I'm nearly certain that was some of the brightest lightning I've seen in years, too.