TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Random Thoughts

It's a running joke to thinly veil your "HHH is married to Steph" references, considering they were kayfabe married and divorced long before they were legit married.

RAW Summerslam Tour is coming here on August 10th (Sunday before Summerslam) Im going to try and get a ticket.

2 WWF Shows in 1 year is pretty amazing for this area considering we hadnt had one in over 10 years until 2002 when Smackdown came. No show in 03, there was one in 2004 when RAW came, no shows in 05, ECW came in 06 and no shows last year.

And in the 513th and final main event of Heat, Charlie Haas battled Robbie McCallister. Far cry from Kane & Mankind vs The Rock & Owen Hart.

Hasn't that always been the case with the WWE 'weekend' shows though, Shotgun Saturday went the same route, started off as the next big thing then slowly disappeared.

And in the 513th and final main event of Heat, Charlie Haas battled Robbie McCallister. Far cry from Kane & Mankind vs The Rock & Owen Hart.

I read that Heat's last episode would be June 20th. Why'd they change it?

Short, youtube explanation:

As a long-time Shawn Michaels "hater," I have to say that that's the most entertained I've been by anything he's done since the Rockers were feuding with the Brainbusters.

According to documents posted on TMZ.com May 29, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s divorce from his wife Dany is officially settled. Johnson will pay $22,454 a month in child support while both he and his ex-wife will put $5,000 a month into a trust fund for their child’s private schooling, college education and other living expenses.

Good thing he's making 10 million dollars a picture.

RAW Summerslam Tour is coming here on August 10th (Sunday before Summerslam) Im going to try and get a ticket.

2 WWF Shows in 1 year is pretty amazing for this area considering we hadnt had one in over 10 years until 2002 when Smackdown came. No show in 03, there was one in 2004 when RAW came, no shows in 05, ECW came in 06 and no shows last year.

That is pretty amazing. We haven't had any WWF shows here in over 6 years!

That's why his daughter will get so much in child support.

Indeed. And if I was in his (or any father's) shoes, I'd be happy to pay child support. It's the alimony that would suck.

I've always found it odd that their marriage managed to cope with the terrible road schedule of WWE, and all the problems and temptations that come with that, but as soon as Rock got into movies full time, and had a much easier schedule and was free from the rigours of wrestling, they split up. You;d think getting out of wrestling would ease the pressure on a marraige.

That is pretty amazing. We haven't had any WWF shows here in over 6 years!

That's why his daughter will get so much in child support.

Indeed. And if I was in his (or any father's) shoes, I'd be happy to pay child support. It's the alimony that would suck.

It's not like his wife was just a regular housewife. She had a good career of her own.

I've always found it odd that their marriage managed to cope with the terrible road schedule of WWE, and all the problems and temptations that come with that, but as soon as Rock got into movies full time, and had a much easier schedule and was free from the rigours of wrestling, they split up. You;d think getting out of wrestling would ease the pressure on a marraige.

I can see how that would happen. He was on the road so often they wouldn't have had time to realize that they weren't as compatable as they thought.

Does anyone else imagine The Rock speaking about himself in the third person when he was having arguments with his ex?

Jim Cornette's response to Santino's cage match challenge:

"I appreciate the offer but i would rather wait and have this match with some one who can actually draw money. I am long past the point in my career where i need to work with comedy JOB guys! isn't it funny that when i slapped him in the face 17 times in Louisville Ky. he was not too eager to fight then. but now safely hidden away in Canada at an AA meeting somewhere in Toronto protected by Jaques and Pierre, he suddenly wants a fight, But i am happy that i was able to make the Kid a name in the wrestling business since it doesn't look like he is going to do it for himself! Thanks.....but NO Thanks."

Beth Pheonix showed more personality in five minute last week on Raw than she has done in her entire time in the WWE. It's amazing what giving someone who can talk mic-time can do huh? See also, Cody Rhodes. And The Miz and Morrison.

You know, this goes beyond 'stop having people reading from scripts'... the WWE as a whole really need to loosen up and let wrestlers express themselves if they want them to get over. It's clear that's what's happened with Santino. The most amusing thing I've seen on WWE programming in weeks was on that recap on the Mexico tour, where Kennedy was playing that street organ and randomly yelled out Kennedy during this tinny tune as if it were his theme music. Was it that funny? Maybe not, but it was... spontanious. Who, besides Santino, is spontanious anymore? Or allowed to be spontanious?

Cornette invoked Quebecer protection :D

100% agreed with Cucaracha, though. Being spontaneous is good for the business as a whole.

Unless that being spontaneous leads to "humor" like expressed backstage with Jericho last Monday.

Maybe it's just that becoming a movie star opened him up to a higher class of tail, and he decided to trade her in for another model.

WWE enters MMA!!!!

It's inevitable!!!

Well, if there's one thing that Vince has proven that he can do, it's successfully venturing into other sporting genres.

Two thoughts.

Could they really not get anybody else to main event the last ever heat other than a highlander and Haas?

Also, if anybody can stomach it, there's, starting an hour ago, 11 worth of WWE on sky tonight.

Could they really not get anybody else to main event the last ever heat other than a highlander and Haas?

Does anyone remember if Velocity's last main event was underwhelming too? I can't remember when WWE cancelled it (I know it was still around in fall 2005, but in 2006 I wasn't keeping up with it much or posting much).

Edit: Found it from searching. Matt Hardy vs. Simon Dean?