Cran Da Maniac

Should we start a Comics Draft

Comics Superteam Draft  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should we start a Comics Draft

• Yes, that's a wonderful Idea
    • No, Drafts are played out.
    • La Parka

So with Draft mania running while on this board, I was wondering if their would be interest in doing a Superteam draft. And if so, what kind of guidelines would you necessarly put in place.

Honestly? No. But you'd need to start by either DQing or evenly distributing Superman (Earth-1, 2, Kingdom Come, Hyperion (both of 'em), Prime, et al) analogues.

Is there any way that we could make it different?

Not really. I'd make the suggestion that each round could be a different universe (Marvel, DC, Wildstorm etc.) but, I don't really know as much as I'd like about anything other then the big 2. And even then I know more about DC.

But why DQ Superman? Hogan wasn't exempt from the wrestling draft. It'd just be a coo for the number 1 drafter, or whoever got him first.

But then again I'm not really sure how the results work. Would people just pick, which team was their favorite, which team would win in a prospective fight, etc.? Anyways, I don't really think anyone should be DQed if it does happen.

I like the idea of a comic draft. I think the coolest way to do it would be if we drafted our own superteams. Create A Justice League, like the sports drafts. It could be made up of superheroes from any brand/line so you could have a couple DC guys with like three or four Marvel guys and an Image guy thrown in for good measure.

But why DQ Superman? Hogan wasn't exempt from the wrestling draft. It'd just be a coo for the number 1 drafter, or whoever got him first.

My thought is twofold - there are at least 4 different versions of the guy out there in the DCU alone, and that's not counting Mon-El, Apollo, Power Girl or Supergirl. So having a draft would more or less cancel each other out, so Either DQ or arbitrarily assign.

I should point out at this time that when I made that suggestion, I was about as drunk as Lei Tong on a good day. To say that there's not much to do in Dayton is an understatement. Although I do love me some Skyline Chili.

Second, you'd have to establish parameters as to Superman's power, and I don't think you'll get enough people to agree with one statement.

My thought is twofold - there are at least 4 different versions of the guy out there in the DCU alone, and that's not counting Mon-El, Apollo, Power Girl or Supergirl. So having a draft would more or less cancel each other out, so Either DQ or arbitrarily assign.

I should point out at this time that when I made that suggestion, I was about as drunk as Lei Tong on a good day. To say that there's not much to do in Dayton is an understatement. Although I do love me some Skyline Chili.

Second, you'd have to establish parameters as to Superman's power, and I don't think you'll get enough people to agree with one statement.

Hey, he could have all the powers in the world, but if' you've got a Batman with a kryptonite ring on your team, chances are he's going down. :D

Hey, he could have all the powers in the world, but if' you've got a Batman with a kryptonite ring on your team, chances are he's going down. :D

Dude, I'd never disagree with "cheat to win", but let's face it, if Batman is only on one team, then you're still taking a Superman first. Then again, I'd probably be an idiot and take Deadpool in round 3...

There would have to be severe limits in my opinion, say only having Post-Crisis Superman involved in the draft, and maybe limiting certain cosmic characters as well.

Dude, I'd never disagree with "cheat to win", but let's face it, if Batman is only on one team, then you're still taking a Superman first. Then again, I'd probably be an idiot and take Deadpool in round 3...

Fuck round 3...He'd be my first pick.

Just re-read my post and it is obvious that I missed the first post where someone said "draft a superteam". Even if someone takes Superman, I don't think it would have to come down to Superman is the most powerful, the team he is on is the best team. I'd say it is best to stick with the regular version of characters instead of getting into all the parallel worlds. The only question, which may not be that big of a deal, is on Marvel characters is sticking to the regular Universe or the Ultimate Universe.

I think that the draft should not include the Ultimate universe. Stick with DC, regular Marvel, Image, and I suppose Steviekick could chose an Archie character.

I haven't voted yet, but I'd be down for something like this. Only thing that I know would hinder me is that since I'm not up on any of the comics or the universes, I really wouldn't know who to pick outside of who I personally like and might just wind up taking a spot away from someone that'd know more and really want in on this.

I haven't read comics in forever. But I'll play along if it goes through.

Picking Heroes or comics? would Spiderman, The Amazing Spiderman, Ultimate Spiderman, The Spec...well, you get what I'm asking. Would Spiderman all be one pick, or would the different series be picks?

Picking Heroes or comics? would Spiderman, The Amazing Spiderman, Ultimate Spiderman, The Spec...well, you get what I'm asking. Would Spiderman all be one pick, or would the different series be picks?

I would assume just one of each hero. Or as said before, there'd probably be a lot of 'Superman, Superman Earth 2, KC Superman' etc.

Amazing and Spectacular are the same, as its multiple titles with the same character (Spider-Man of the 616). This is the proper Spider-Man that has been in comics since the 1960s.

There are a few alternate versions, most popular is Ultimate Spidey (from the Ultimate line/alternate reality), Marvel Zombie Spidey and Spider-Man 2099.

You know what...fuck this.

Let's do something cooler. Over at MillarWorld, they're doing a fantasy draft, but a fantasy comics draft. Lets do it so you come up with a title (say Spider-Man) and a creative team (Will Eisner and Peter David). Follow it up with a little write-up about the the book.

To make it interesting, you can use a writer three times and an artist twice, because historically there have been a lot of multi title creators. The catch is that you can only use a character once.

I personally don't have enough knowledge of writers/artist to participate in that. I don't think most others, with the exception of those that are hardcore comics fans would either.

Or maybe I'm wrong.

I rarely care who's writing though.

If we do a draft where we just pick superheros, I'm in. If it ends up being where we pick different comic books/versions of heros and all the nonsense I'm out, because I don't know enough about comics for that.

Lets just go for the character draft. If we want to do a draft involving creative teams we can do so at another time.

I'd love to do a superhero draft. I'm not quite up to speed with creators and such as the rest of you seem to be, so I'd sit that later one out.