TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Desert Island Draft

This one should be pretty funny by round 5 or 6. I think there's a much smaller pool of great TV shows to pick from than movies or music. The medium didn't really start to mature until the 70s, and new shows excluding soap operas and late night don't generally air outside a very narrow 8 PM - 11 PM window.

This one should be pretty funny by round 5 or 6. I think there's a much smaller pool of great TV shows to pick from than movies or music.

That's why I didn't like it initially, but I'm actually warming to the idea. Once the universally known great stuff is gone in the first few rounds, it will will be interesting to see what comes out. I myself thought of more tvs shows I like that I initially would have expected. What I do not want is this:

If worse comes to worse, I have a bunch of 80s anime/cartoons that I want to draft.

Yeah, I agree with Milky.

I managed to without much thought come up with a list of 120 shows, with minimal cartoons (only ones that I still like). I was surprised that I came up with that many shows actually.

Yeah, there are plenty of TV shows I want to pick. I can think of one right now that I don't think anyone at this board watches and it's on PrimeTime TV now. But I will save that for later.

One thing that sucks about going first is having to wait so long to pickkkkkk.

mr-show-with-bob-and-david-26480.jpg

Mr. Show

(Or, to be totally proper, Mr. Show with Bob and David [although Bob and David themselves always wanted just "Mr. Show"]

You guys are making this too easy. The greatest sketch comedy show ever, four seasons of brilliance. Not a weak link in the cast, including many underappreciated players such as John Ennis, Tom Kenney, Jay Johnston and Paul F. Tompkins.

Sharp as a fucking tack, and able to be smartly stupid as well as outright brilliant.

David Cross is one of my comedic heroes.

2:30 is right

At this rate, I won't get to pick until Wednesday. At least I have a 24 hour window for my picks.

I completely understand why we need long times in between picks, with people working all sorts of hours. It's just brutal though. I have to wait 18 more picks till I get mine back

Yeah, there needs to be 12 hours in between picks. It's just that the past 3 or 4 have all went thru the time.

The Daily Show

daily_show_jon_stewart.jpg

Brilliant, plenty of volume to open up some 1 to 2 season long shows at later picks if the draft falls that way. Adds a premium comedy to the line up.

First of my top picks to be taken :angry:

show_logo.gif

Late Night with Conan O'Brien

My 2nd favorite show of all-time (Simpsons 1st).

Such a big fan that I drove to New York primarily to go see his show.

So many good moments...I could list them but instead I'll just link to the old Smartmarks Conan thread.

I was going to take Conan after this next pick, since I figured it would drop back down to me. I also figured SNL would drop down here, too, but I guess I was wrong. Anyway:

lost.jpg

LOST

If I'm going to be stuck on an island, why not a show about being stuck on an island?