TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Smartly Pretty

The Concert Thread

It's summertime, which means outdoor music festivals, so this seems like a good idea. Plus it'll probably be cool to post set lists and shit like that. So, who are you guys going to see this summer?

Guest Smues

I got dragged to Elton John a week or two ago. Luckily I'll be out of town and thus unable to be dragged to 3rd Eye Blind next week, and there's no one of interest to me (OMG I should so go see Sean Kingston!!!!) at the state fair this year so I'm guessing no other concerts for me this summer. Huzzah.

Would like to go to the Warped Tour this year, but I think my finances are going to keep me home. Which sucks cause I've been to the last 5 and it's a stacked line up

Guest Epic Narcissism

I can't believe "Play Freebird" is still a bit. Kevin Matthews is working at a station in fucking Grand Rapids right now.

I'm going to see Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers with Stevie Winwood opening up on Friday at TD(whatever corpration it just merged with) Garden.

Also want to see John Fogerty headline Baystock at The Maine State Pier in August. I've heard nothing but raves about his recent shows. They haven't announced the other acts but I'm guessing it'll be one semi-popular national act and a couple of semi-popular local bands.

Guest Epic Narcissism

So far, this year's Summerfest lineup can lick my sack. The best bands I've seen so far are Rusted Root and the Polyphonic Spree. I can't be arsed to drive up to Milwaukee for Rusted Root or the Polyphonic Spree.

ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA ON JULY 1ST I'M MORE THERE THAN THERE. Nice save.

I'm going to see Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers with Stevie Winwood opening up on Friday at TD(whatever corpration it just merged with) Garden.

Awesome. Back in 1994 Tom Petty and the Heartbreaks was my first ever concert. Have a blast

Czech, myself and Kamala did pretty well this season in terms of concerts.

I am anticipating that "Paranoid Android", "The Bends" and "How to Disappear Completely" shall be especially sublime in a live setting.

Guest Smues
So far, this year's Summerfest lineup can lick my sack.

sf.JPG

amish.JPG

Yeah, it's gone downhill since they lost the amish band.

I'm going to see Radiohead in Glasgow on the 27th of June.

I'm seeing them in Dayton this August.

Me and my brother were going to see them in San Fran (he lives in Berkley) but the price was something ridiculous. I may see Modest Mouse on the 25th if I can round up some people to go with.

Guest Epic Narcissism
So far, this year's Summerfest lineup can lick my sack.

sf.JPG

PAICKERS WON THE SUPER BOOOWWWWWWWWWWWLLL

Haw! I saw Prince on his "farewell" tour in August '04. Of course, he later explained it'd be a farewell tour to some of his classic songs (Not sure if he classified which songs).

Still despite the somewhat false advertising, it was easily the best concert I've ever seen.

I used to love Prince when I was around the age of 14, but eventually I began to drift away from his discography. I certainly wouldn't pass on Radiohead to see him now.

"Paranoid Android" live is a capstone musical experience. Pray you get it, love it when you do.

Just got back from Love is All, who were phenomenal and worthy of t-shirt purchase. Seeing Battles on Saturday night and Mission of Burma at the end of the month. Also, a bunch of my friends and I are going to Virginia Beach and getting $20 lawn tickets to the shitty Rockstar Mayhem Energy Drink whatever tour just to get drunk and see Mastodon and Dragonforce. People-watching at that otherwise nu-metal sludgefest is going to be delightful.

Also, a bunch of my friends and I are going to Virginia Beach and getting $20 lawn tickets to the shitty Rockstar Mayhem Energy Drink whatever tour just to get drunk and see Mastodon and Dragonforce. People-watching at that otherwise nu-metal sludgefest is going to be delightful.

I've heard Douchenforce is good live, and I've seen Mastodon, and they're not bad. Of course, when I saw them they were hindered by a Slayer crowd (if it's a REAL heavy metal concert, and Slayer is headlining, then practically none of the openers, despite their quality/popularity, will get a reaction...unless they're Unearth, surprisingly), but they were pretty fucking tight.

Seeing Municipal Waste/Darkest Hour/At The Gates on July 11th, and I think Toxic Holocaust is opening for the three, which is fucking schweet because they play a good black/thrash blend. Most of the concerts this summer are just my band gigging, including, I think, one gig opening for a one-night-only Burn In Silence reunion (Massachusetts metalcore band who broke up shortly after getting signed to Metal Blade). Maybe I'll see some other shows, but I doubt it. Gas prices are gay, and I'm already doing a little over a tank a week thanks to regular errands and band practice three times a week (which is about 25-30 miles away).

Battles are boring live. Be prepared for a lot of standing around with your arms folded.

That's pretty standard procedure for a D.C. crowd anyway. I'll see if I can get some head-nods going.

Guest Epic Narcissism

We don't get a lot of Corey-Edwin interaction. Worlds collidin'.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

That must've just been your area, Corey. Mastodon blew minds on that same Slayer tour around here.

Also, a bunch of my friends and I are going to Virginia Beach and getting $20 lawn tickets to the shitty Rockstar Mayhem Energy Drink whatever tour just to get drunk and see Mastodon and Dragonforce. People-watching at that otherwise nu-metal sludgefest is going to be delightful.

I've heard Douchenforce is good live, and I've seen Mastodon, and they're not bad. Of course, when I saw them they were hindered by a Slayer crowd (if it's a REAL heavy metal concert, and Slayer is headlining, then practically none of the openers, despite their quality/popularity, will get a reaction...unless they're Unearth, surprisingly), but they were pretty fucking tight.

Seeing Municipal Waste/Darkest Hour/At The Gates on July 11th, and I think Toxic Holocaust is opening for the three, which is fucking schweet because they play a good black/thrash blend. Most of the concerts this summer are just my band gigging, including, I think, one gig opening for a one-night-only Burn In Silence reunion (Massachusetts metalcore band who broke up shortly after getting signed to Metal Blade). Maybe I'll see some other shows, but I doubt it. Gas prices are gay, and I'm already doing a little over a tank a week thanks to regular errands and band practice three times a week (which is about 25-30 miles away).

I've wound up seeing Dragonforce live twice, and they were fun to watch.

I'm heading out to see Iron Maiden on Saturday night. Other than that, nothing is concrete except for going to see Keith Caputo from Life of Agony in August.

Got REM w/ The National and Modest Mouse next week.

Probably going to scatter in my annual 3 or 4 Gov't Mule shows and a couple Allman Brothers if Greg doesn't die.

Most excited about seeing Ben Folds with a full orchestra in September.