TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Exslade ZX

TSM Superhero Draft

I'd vote that you can't pick the Venom symbiote more than once at all, since he's known to take different hosts... I just happened to pick him on the punisher. But, whatever.

Exslade, I was thinking he'd just be called Venom as The Punisher or something to that effect.

Yea, but then that's essentially taking two picks off the board with one. As The Punisher is a well known hero on his own.

When you referring to the one shot characters, I thought you meant something like, I don't know, rainbow kryptonite homo Superman or something. Don't really think it's fair to combine more the one pick, as for all I know there's a Wolverine/Spiderman/Superman merge out there. (Just to name picks already taken.)

So sorry to make you change your pick on the fly, but from this point on, no 'amalgated characters' has been added to the rules, since it just seems unfair.

I don't see what the big deal is, So Venom takes form of the punisher... it's not that complex. But, okay, let's just change my pick to Eddie Brock.

It's not that complex, but, it'd be like someone in the wrestling draft taking both The Rock and HHH with one pick, because maybe they teamed together that one time in 01 or something.

But since you've changed your pick, it doesn't really matter at this point.

And to answer the Venom question, this eliminates Venom completely. This includes Gargan, and Brock, or whoever else has worn the suit. As like said, the Venom character usually overrides those personalities.

Okay, sorry for the controversy guys! I thought I was being clever :)

Edit: Also, am I the only one who can't see Citrus' picture of Wonder Woman?

I can't see it either.

Some of my pics were doing the same as well though, and I had to change them. Possibly he used the same site.

I'm sorry. I'm SURE we've been over this before, but:

Does the fact that someone chose Hal Jordan Green Lantern exempt all other Green Lanterns?

EDIT: Never mind. I just saw someone went over this EXACT question. God, I gotta use my fuckin' peepers.

Sorry for delay in my pick. And to apologise again in advance, I'm going to be away from internet access from what I'd guess will be Fri morning - Sun morning US time, so if I hold things up too much, I don't know, skip my turn or something?

Anyway.

440px-IronMan_Head.jpg

Iron Man. Despite the lameness of his character in Civil War, ol' Shellhead is still one of my favourite heroes. He's a playboy, a genius, and likes a drink or two on occasion. The "Extremis" addition to his powers was interesting, and I also want someone on my team with the brains to back up the brawn. And I don't want that to have to be Reed Richards.

I'm going complete power this round, so I'm taking Thor. He's somebody who's going to keep fighting until the battle is over, one way or another, and one of the few people that could conceivably take out Superman

image067.jpg

My first pick is probably a round too early, but whatever. I'm taking Phoenix (Rachel Summers)

rachelsummersphoenixariid3.jpg

If you're talking about power, you can't go wrong with a primal force in the Marvel Universe. There's perhaps limitless cosmic and psionic power at the hands of the person hosting Phoenix.

As for why I chose Rachel over Jean Grey, it's a bit of personal preference as I read a lot of Excalibur back in the day. Also, Rachel has some limited time-travel ability. And being Canadian, I'd have to draft at least one person with a mullet, no?

Interesting pick with Rachel Grey, I probably would've grabbed her for my 5th or 6th pick.

There was definitely the thought that she could be a sleeper but to use fantasy football terms I think you guys all took stud RBs, so I took a QB that is likely to rack up points.

Then again, maybe I just took a kicker in the first round :( ...

daredevil65_2.jpg

Daredevil, The Man Without Fear

I've always liked super heroes that were just regular guys who were pushed into situations to be heroes. DD has always been a favorite. Amazing story with Bullseye killing Electra

If thats who you really like, take her now. Who knows who has who in mind.

Yea, definitely. What I had planned for my first pick, I thought would fall back to me, but now I'm not so sure. Didn't really realize how many picks I had in between my first and second one.

There are too many people picking to land all the good ones. If you have a top 10 list you'll be lucky to get 2. I'm not picking for who I think will win a fight or anything, just my favorites

Yep, thats what it's supposed to be. How powerful they would be in a fight doesn't matter. Just whoever you think is the "coolest". But then people might think somebodys cool because they would win in a fight.

There are too many people picking to land all the good ones. If you have a top 10 list you'll be lucky to get 2. I'm not picking for who I think will win a fight or anything, just my favorites

I'm still trying to find the balance between characters I like and "best player available", to be honest. For instance, I don't particularly like Superman, but if he fell to me I'd still take him.

For the record, I like Phoenix. I'm kinda biased towards the mutants in general.

Alright, in a tough spot here seeing all my picks are gonna be together. I guess I will go more for some of the bigger people available still and work on other details later.

I will need some power for my team, so who better than...

Incredible-Hulk-Poster-C10096438.jpeg

The Incredible Hulk

With the power, we should add a little something else, so with the first pick of the second round, we will go with...

wallywest.jpg

Wally West - The Flash