TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

2008 Summer Olympics

I love some of these Japanese names...Takeshita, pronounced Tak-ah-sheet-ah

I noticed the hyphenated last names too on the US girls...fucking pretentious bitches....oops, sorry EricMM

All of these American volleyball broads have hyphenated last names.

Wait, that one's last name is Tom. Nevermind.

Is anything stranger looking than a six foot something Japanese woman?

The 3 foot chinese women lifting weights this morning, can't wait till its on youtube

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Hey, here's badminton. I can't even follow that fuckin' thing zipping around, and I have good eyes.

A muscular polack is smoking some estonian guy named Must.

Olympics stop for Football in the UK - feel the power as Final Score comes on! So, do you guys get a mixed coverage over there? As over here in the UK we mainly only get coverage of the Great Britain team unless someone wins a medal.

I just finished watching beach volleyball myself. Unfortunately, I can' decided what to watch now. I saw women's weightlifting last night and it looks like they aren't going to show the cute Central American weightlifter, so there's no point in watching that again. Regular volleyball doesn't interest me, so it looks like I'm stuck with badminton. Not a bad sport overall. I liked watching the Hidayat guy in 2004. Thus far, these two competitors don't match up.

Guest Smues

I just finished watching the women's U.S. Vollyball team beat the Japanese team. Really close match with the Japanese blocking the fuck out of the net. Good stuff, I love the olympics.

At Chase Field last night before the post game fireworks they showed highlights of the opening ceremonies from Beijing. Holy damn was that awesome.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

More handball. Russian chicks. Maybe they'll get harsh.

I seriously can't believe throwing the ball at someone's face is against the rules. The moment I turned this shit on earlier, the very first knee-jerk reaction words out of my mouth were "Oh shit, throw the ball at that bitch's face!"

Edit: Oh hell yes. This Polanova chick who looks like Phil Hartman in drag just got a penalty for mauling this hapless Korean.

I fence so I'm jazzed about all the fencing that's on this weekend. Opa!

Im watching it right now.

I like how the American girl screams every time she gets a point, and she won the bronze.

Americans won G/S/B in Women's Fencing! WE RULE FENCING! Its also pretty awesome in HD.

All of these American volleyball broads have hyphenated last names.

Wait, that one's last name is Tom. Nevermind.

Is anything stranger looking than a six foot something Japanese woman?

The 3 foot chinese women lifting weights this morning, can't wait till its on youtube

Its not a 3 foot chinese woman..but..

olhalk3.jpg

Olha Korobka from Ukraine, current european record holder in the snatch with 133 kg, and in the clean and jerk with 164 kg.

Goddamnit. Way to step in front of that pass, VX.

The Aussie swimmers are cuties all around. And is it me or is men's gymnastics boring as fuck? Women's isn't much better but at least they don't have that pommel horse and rings shit.

EDIT: Cool, the fencer's uniforms light up when hit. Futuristic.

Edited by KingPK

Guest Tzar Lysergic

They should spray blood everywhere instead.

Right now I've got the battle of sub-saharan welterweights.

Now, I could go on for pages about how the olympic boxing scoring system is the most crooked, inaccurate, silly, ridiculous, blatantly WRONG thing in the history of the silliest, most ridiculous crooked innacurate sport ever, but I won't. I'm just watching this guy from Cameroon thump this other asshole. These guys have been goin at it for four rounds, and they scored 19 total punches so far. 19.

Fucking Crap

The US soccer team was 30 seconds from qualifying to the quarters when a stupid foul led to a free kick and the Dutch tied the game.

Now the US will probably need a tie to advance without Freddy Adu

Now, I could go on for pages about how the olympic boxing scoring system is the most crooked, inaccurate, silly, ridiculous, blatantly WRONG thing in the history of the silliest, most ridiculous crooked innacurate sport ever, but I won't. I'm just watching this guy from Cameroon thump this other asshole. These guys have been goin at it for four rounds, and they scored 19 total punches so far. 19.

did you see the shitty scoring with the China dude against the Tunisian dude. Teddy Atlas said it himself: "Hometown Cookin'"

Phelps is just unreal.

I'm watching Team Usa v. China and am most pleased to hear NBC bring back the NBA on NBC theme. Best sports theme ever!

There's something wrong about watching Basketball with an English guy talking about it - its as foreign has listening to American commentators talk about English Soccer. However, China v USA was an interesting match, just for the George Bush grin of glee every time they scored.

I'm watching Team Usa v. China and am most pleased to hear NBC bring back the NBA on NBC theme. Best sports theme ever!

agreed

Thirded, only thing that was missing was Marv.

I love some of these Japanese names...Takeshita, pronounced Tak-ah-sheet-ah

That's not how you pronounce it.

So I was listening to ESPN radio talk about how exciting the basketball game was because of how into basketball the people in China are.

I think it was Eric Casillas or Andy Gresh or one of them. He tried to say basketball was the most popular sport in the world and tried to say it has eclipsed soccer. Then he backtracked and said it was close to catching soccer.

Then he tried to say basketball isn't even one of the top 3 most popular sports in the USA. He said "I'd say the NFL, college basketball and college football are more popular."

Then he sat there and realized what he'd just said and went "Than the NBA product." But he had originally set out to try and say the sport of basketball itself wasn't as popular.

I dunno, this international game reminds me more of college than the NBA right now. After witnessing it as this years Olympics what do you guys think basketballs place in the world is?

I still laugh when my Blue Collar as Fuck Store Director tries to tell me that NASCAR is more popular than Soccer worldwide.

I'd argue that basketball is more popular than Cricket, but just by a small margin. I mean Brazilians don't know what the hell cricket even is.