TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

2008 Summer Olympics

Guest Vitamin X
They should spray blood everywhere instead.

Right now I've got the battle of sub-saharan welterweights.

Now, I could go on for pages about how the olympic boxing scoring system is the most crooked, inaccurate, silly, ridiculous, blatantly WRONG thing in the history of the silliest, most ridiculous crooked innacurate sport ever, but I won't. I'm just watching this guy from Cameroon thump this other asshole. These guys have been goin at it for four rounds, and they scored 19 total punches so far. 19.

I'm watching guy from Cameroon go against Cuba right now, and the Cuban is destroying this fuck. Hell of a fun fight to watch, though.

You know, one of the things I've hated the absolute most about these Olympics, maybe it's different in the other events, I'm not sure, is the timing and frequency of the commercial breaks. They go cut to a break for like, 1-2 commercials then come back to the event for 5-6 minutes, then repeat. It's incredibly annoying.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Anyone watching any gymnastics? I don't care who wins at all since all judged sports are a sham, but this chinese girl totally ate shit on the bars earlier. I love, and I mean love watching these fragile abused teenagers totally embarass themselves in front of the world at their moment to shine.

Guest Vitamin X

Man, I just missed that. Shit.

God, I'm getting sick of the fanfare Olympic theme on NBC already.

Guest Vitamin X

I love how the crowd pops for the Americans everywhere we go. It's almost like being the host country.

Anyone watching any gymnastics? I don't care who wins at all since all judged sports are a sham, but this chinese girl totally ate shit on the bars earlier. I love, and I mean love watching these fragile abused teenagers totally embarass themselves in front of the world at their moment to shine.

There is no way in hell all those Chinese girls are 16. Some of them looked like they might be 12.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I just switched over to swimming from the boxing. That ref during the Ireland/Hungary fight was the worst boxing referee I've ever seen. No hyperbole. Instead of breaking the clinch, he'd just yell from five or six feet away, they'd break ten seconds later, then he'd mosey over and tell them to box.

For some reason I love seeing Bush dressed in casual clothes watching things like a regular guy. Somebody should paint little American flags on his cheeks.

I can't wait for the track events and seeing all the runners deal with the smog.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Medal Count

Country-G/S/B/Tot

China 6 2 0 8

United States 2 2 4 8

South Korea 3 2 0 5

Italy 1 2 1 4

Russia 0 3 1 4

Japan 1 0 2 3

France 0 2 1 3

North Korea 0 1 2 3

Czech Republic 2 0 0 2

Australia 1 0 1 2

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Those of you watching swimming right now are missing a world-class beating being laid out by a Bahaman against some poor sap from Grenada. Three standing eights so far. The right uppercut is open like whoa.

All of these American volleyball broads have hyphenated last names.

Wait, that one's last name is Tom. Nevermind.

Is anything stranger looking than a six foot something Japanese woman?

A 7 foot something Chinese man.

Fuck yeah the US Men's relay team just inched past the French, More Gold for Phelps Ha Ha!

Best event I've seen so far. Kinda made up for Hoff blowing her chance at a gold on a touch just a few minutes earlier.

That was such an amazing race. The anchor for the US was seriously insanely great.

Oh man, I'm so glad to see the french get shut the fuck up.

Hoff losing her race was so sad as shit. She was fuckin bitches up in the middle.

Absolutely incredible ending to that race, and seeing the shit talking French get taken down made it that much better.

Those of you watching swimming right now are missing a world-class beating being laid out by a Bahaman against some poor sap from Grenada. Three standing eights so far. The right uppercut is open like whoa.

Saw the tail end of it when the announcers were just hammering the judges and their scoring. The basic premise was that the score for the Bahamian, which was a freaking 18, was far too low.

Costas just said that Italy and Sweden broke the old WR in that race. The 5th place team just swam the 5th fastest time in history. Amazing.

Costas just said that Italy and Sweden broke the old WR in that race. The 5th place team just swam the 5th fastest time in history. Amazing.

Yeah, the old world record got smashed by nearly 4 full seconds, which is unreal.

Now, I could go on for pages about how the olympic boxing scoring system is the most crooked, inaccurate, silly, ridiculous, blatantly WRONG thing in the history of the silliest, most ridiculous crooked innacurate sport ever, but I won't. I'm just watching this guy from Cameroon thump this other asshole. These guys have been goin at it for four rounds, and they scored 19 total punches so far. 19.

It really is superfucked. I was watching some yesterday and was confused as shit by the scoring.

that's how they pronounced it...sorry TaHk...didn't realize I had to spell it out that much for you.

I speak Japanese. That's not how you pronounce it.

It really is superfucked. I was watching some yesterday and was confused as shit by the scoring.

What's worse is how crooked, inaccurate, silly, ridiculous, and blatantly wrong the scoring/judging was in boxing before they went to the 3 man "button-press" system.

I love how the crowd pops for the Americans everywhere we go. It's almost like being the host country.

Costas mentioned it a couple of times, but it seems like the Chinese are cheering for pretty much anyone and everyone in the major events.

I gotta find a replay of that race to hear the commentators losing their shit over the last 30 meters. I though Rowdy Gaines was going to jump out of the booth and run down to the pool when they won.