TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

All-Time Football (Soccer) Team Draft

Oh, you bastard.

You.. you bastard.

I know, if this was a pub, I'd let you hit me for that haha or buy you a pint.

Beardsley is one of the most under rated English midfielders of all time, I can't explain why he doesn't get the credit he does. If he had been Italian/Brazilian/etc he'd get rave reviews. Be a while before there's another player like him.

I think Beardsley's problem was that he was lost in the shuffle of a good midfield.. England, for some reason, has ALWAYS had a good midfield, especially the last 20 years.

Aye that's true, plus England weren't really that 'hot' during the 80s. I mean, obviously its a highlight reel, but look at the control he has over the ball and some of the goals he scores in the youtube video I posted for him - amazing.

EDIT: Edited my pick to correct the youtube videos disappearing.

I really hope a half-decent keeper gets back to me.

I can have a 'good' keeper as there's so many, but the two that have gone so far.. they were my top two.

This draft just might get interesting very soon.

I see no need to rush to grab a keeper, there are so many on the list to choose from that you can't go wrong.

Moving along quite nicely here, well done.

I think as long as we keep pm'ing each other (it's so easy to forget to do it) we shouldn't have a problem, all the entrants seem to be regular forum users.

Like I said before, there's lots of good keepers, but Banks, he was on a different level all together.

I'm hoping I'll get to make another selection today, before the start of the work week. Worst case scenario I'll just PM my selection to you.

If you were going to take a keeper in the first round, I can think of no one more deserving. There are two coming to mind that I'm considering, but I think I'll be able to snag one of them in a few rounds still.

I'm going to use FM08 to make a general overview for my squad, if anyone wants me to throw one together for yourself let me know.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm305/c...ro/tsmdraft.jpg

Huss, I had the EXACT same idea on how to showcase my team.

It's the game that just keeps on giving. Easily the best 25 quid that I spend every year.

For those who play FM and want to know how to put players into their dream team and cant be bothered to use the editor, simply start a new game, pick any team and simply give nicknames to the players you have. Then just look at your tactics, its an easy process and looks good. Also means you don't have to use a simple 4-4-2, you can customise it to hell.

Also adding to the FM love, I just had the most thrilling Championship race with Derby in the first season (latest update), finished the season on 94 points and finished FOURTH. Amazing. Won the play offs though.

Finest Arsenal player in my opinion, ever.

Not sure about that, think I'd personally go with Bergkamp, but its certainly close. I'd like to hear what an Arsenal fan would say.

Ian Wright? Tony Adams? Henry? Bergkamp?

Bergkamp the better player, Henry the better Arsenal player.

Let's not namedrop though.

Bergkamp the better player, Henry the better Arsenal player.

Let's not namedrop though.

Ah sorry, don't mean to give potential draft picks away. Though makes it hard for discussion of picks :D

I know, earlier, when discussion the French dream midfield of Platini, Cantona, and blank. Blank could be anybody!

It could even be blank!

Blankie Blank is a good player though, he was a star during World Cup 19blank for Blank. Thinking about it though, there's so many amazing players to choose in this draft its unreal. I've spent the last hour or so sitting through watching youtube videos of countless people.

Now that those three have been namedropped, why not talk about it using just those names?

Bergkamp isn't a bottler, scored countless important international goals...Henry has flopped in Italy, flopped in France, and is flopping in Spain. Bergkamp had better ball control, and really, better technical ability in general. And scored the best goal I've ever seen in the Premier League. But, Bergkamp was an aviophobe. Couldn't play in World Cup 2002 (couldn't help them qualify in the first place, so they didn't get there), after literally SAVING the Dutch in 1998 against Argentina. Henry might be France's all-time leading scorer, but how many of those goals have come when the French needed it? He did a giant disappearing act in 2002 (his own stupidity with that red) and 2006.

I like Henry, but he is very limited to the current British style of football. Kick and run.

Really though, I'd only take he and two other current players in my top thirty. One's obvious, the other probably not.

You know what friend, you bring up a good point. It wasn't until Wenger moved him from the left wing to a forwards position that we got to see the best of Henry. I see i've only seen the brilliance of Henry & not, as you say, the flop that he could be.

that 2002 was a balls up, though.

I'd agree with that 909. Bergkamp was a very hardworking player, and didn't 'sulk' on the pitch when things weren't going his way. Towards the end of the Henry's tenure at Arsenal people figured a way to brick Henry out of the game and defeat Arsenal as they were just a one player team at the time. Stop Henry stop Arsenal. Spot on about Henry's International career too - you can add Euro2008 to that too.

However saying that, Henry was the reason Arsenal did so well, they developed their style around him and the success. So it certainly isn't a bad choice, he's skillful has a deft finishing touch and in his prime blistering pace.