TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

All-Time Football (Soccer) Team Draft

On behalf of Mysterio Eskimo

matthaus_lothar1990.jpg

Wiki:

Lothar Herbert Matthäus (born 21 March 1961) is a German former football player and now manager, currently managing Israeli club Maccabi Netanya. In 1990 he was named European Footballer of the Year and World Soccer Player of the Year after captaining West Germany to victory in the 1990 World Cup. One year later, he was also named the first ever FIFA World Player of the Year.

He has played in five World Cups (1982, 1986, 1990, 1994, 1998) more than any other outfield player, and holds the record for the most World Cup matches played (25 games). He also won the 1980 European Football Championship, and played in Euro 84, Euro 88, and Euro 2000. In 1999, he was again voted German Footballer of the Year. He is the most capped German player of all time, retiring with a total of 150 appearances (83 of them when the team was called West Germany) and 23 goals for the German national team.

Maradona said about Matthäus: "he is the best rival I've ever had. I guess that's enough to define him".

During his career he usually played as an Attacking Midfielder or Defensive Midfielder however later in his career he played as a Sweeper. He was renowned for his perceptive passing, positional sense and well timed tackling as well as his explosive shot.

Ronaldinho (12)

Thierry Henry (15)

Wayne Rooney (38)

Kaka (41)

Ron, I do wonder what formation you'll be going with.

Probably the 4-4-1-1 or the Diamond variation of the 4-4-2

with Ronaldinho and Rooney up top and Kaka and Henry as my Offensive Midfielders. I'll probably start working on the defense for the next couple of picks since I'll have an aggressive offense Im gonna need good defenders.

With my 4th Round Pick, I select:

post-2806-1214511223_thumb.jpg

Michael Ballack

Personally think he's a little over-rated, from what I've seen he seems to throw the towel in a soon as things don't go his way.

I'll grab Franco Baresi to start building my backline.

Baresi.jpg

He and Maldini are no doubt the best combination of defenders to ever play together at club level. Not that I have Maldini though.

Well I guess I might as well just finish off my midfield, and I need an attacking force to play in the forwards I'll take later. Arguably one of the best midfielders of his generation and without a doubt one of the most modest men in the game.

Even at 33 he'd still be first choice for England and god knows they've tried to get him back on numerous occasions. I'm really not trying to select players from only one club, but I'm already something of JCL anyways so let's just finish it off.

The Ginger Prince himself.

PaulScholes_468x551.jpg

Paul Scholes

Damn I love this midfield, I've put together.

tsmdraft.jpg

Playing him behind the strikers?

Central midfielder, I believe that is where he started right?

Obviously my expertise level is shining through now! :D

He's a midfielder but he does play very forward and contributes a lot of goals playing just behind the front men.

Huss, your formation seems to have one constant..

909, Sivy isn't your number one fan. He wanted Baresi and will grit his teeth though, he has awesome backups in central defence.

Need a quality left back and there really aren't that many I can name off the top of my head.

Scored in 2 World Cup Finals, 86 caps for Germany and 8 goals, considered to be one of the greatest free-kick takers and crossers of all time, He was well known for taking penalties with his right foot and taking free kicks and corners with his left foot.

http://www.planetworldcup.com/LEGENDS/brehme.jpg

Andreas Brehme

One of the attacking midfielders who will play off of Pele and give him tons of assists, and score a ton himself, is Liverpool's own talisman, the man who almost single-handedly took them to the 2005 Champions League final and win..

Liverpool and England's driving force..

Steven Gerrard

Steven_Gerrard.jpg

Okay, I need a good right midfielder while there's still some on the board. So I think about the best bet would be this guy. I know what you're thinking, "he didn't play for Manchester United, what are you doing!?" But, just pretend.

Luis Figo

luisfigo.jpg

Edited by King Cucaracha

Ah Figo, it was between Figo and Garrincha for me, but Garrincha just nipped ahead - plus if you wanted you can have Figo swapping with your left winger and really torment those full backs.

Sivy has just text me, his Internet is down so he's sent me these picks:

On behalf of Sivy

Two central defenders, in fact, when both fit, are England's current defensive partnership, the two best English defenders in the world today, and an asset to ANY team due to their ability to work together.

Ladies and Gentlemen..

Manchester United captain Rio Ferdinand and Chelsea captain John Terry.

079terryrioDM1905_468x419.jpg

The man that puts Steven Gerrard into central midfield and rips away the right-wing spot for his own..

The star of the 1970 world cup, scoring seven goals, and the 1974 world cup..

Brazil's own..

Jairzinho

3011J.gif

Sivy has his defensive partnership.. they'd up up against the Brazilian partnership of Jairzinho and Pele, who together worked wonders.

In fact, here they are:

PSP1.jpg

No defence in the world could stop them.

got my keeper,main defender and creative winger sorted and now I'm picking my 1 forward.

With national records of 68 goals in 62 international appearances, 365 goals in 427 Bundesliga games and the international record of 66 goals in 74 European Club games, he was by far the most successful striker of his day and one of the very few players of 50 or more caps to score more goals than he has games played.

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/images...ler_emps275.jpg

Gerd Muller