TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Name a food you didn't like/truly appreciate....

Pretty much any vegetable I eat now, I hated as a kid. My vegetable intake back then only consisted of corn, potatoes, celery, raw carrots, raw broccoli, or a generic iceberg salad. I'm still not a big veggie fan, but I'll eat tomatoes, onions, pickles, cucumbers, asparagus, spinach, and mushrooms now.

It's odd, I'm the same as you LOTC with shrimp. But when I was a kid, I wouldn't touch cooked shrimp but could tolerate cold shrimp.

I'll still eat cold shrimp but it's on the lowest tier of seafood, just slightly above Long John Silver's and sardines.

Pizza. I hated pizza as a kid and it wasn't up until Grade 11 I actually started to enjoy this stuff. It tastes even better with a splash of Frank's Hot Sauce.

What? When was that ever cool? I guess growing up in L.A., it's normal to eat sushi so you don't see it as a big deal.

I have discovered a food that as a youth I didn't mind, but now I absolutely fucking hate it. Celery. This shit pops up in a ton of the things I eat, and every time I have something I wasn't really fond of, or just outright disliked, I find the culprit: celery. Fuck you, you bitter tasting little light-green piece of shit. You barely go good enough with peanut butter to justify your existence.

Yes Celery is a food I hate more and more. As a kid it was merely that waste of a space filler in a bunch of side dishes, but now I actually quiver when I think about it. It sucks too because a lot of grocery stores use it in all their potato/macaroni/pasta salads that would otherwise be pretty killer.

Guest The Elements of Style

I like celery! I eat it raw.

"Potato/macaroni/pasta salads" are awful. I vomited prettier last month.

Hear hear. Any egg/potato/pasta combo in salads makes me hurl. Ditto for any cold salad with fish in it. Speaking of fish I was quite picky as a kid but now can enjoy things like shark and marlin no problem.

I used to hate every food that was spicy as a kid. Granted I still hate foods that are nothing but burn (ie Atomic Hot Wings at Wing Stop), but I've come to enjoy it when the spice is complemented with other flavors, like Sriracha sauce combined with Hoisin sauce.

I'm on a pretty big Franks Original Hot Sauce kick right now. I've been putting it on sandwiches, in soups and basically anything non-desert related. My roomates are quite disgusted.

They still make that crap?

Just found some at the local liquory. 23.75 for 15 is about five dollars cheaper than what I normally pay for Blue. Plus, I'm all business with my drinking tonight, and it's 6.1%.

It's not terrible, but I may sing a different song tomorrow morning.

I'm on a pretty big Franks Original Hot Sauce kick right now. I've been putting it on sandwiches, in soups and basically anything non-desert related. My roomates are quite disgusted.

Franks on Kraft Dinner. You gotta do it Curry.

Guest Vitamin X
They still make that crap?

Just found some at the local liquory. 23.75 for 15 is about five dollars cheaper than what I normally pay for Blue. Plus, I'm all business with my drinking tonight, and it's 6.1%.

It's not terrible, but I may sing a different song tomorrow morning.

Dude, beer is ALWAYS an acquired taste. But once you get there, it's fucking wonderful.

................you just opened up Pandora's Box.

................you just opened up Pandora's Box.

Just don't drench the KD in Franks. Waayyy too potent.