TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

Anyone know any good TV Tuner/TV Capture programs?

I have ATI Multimedia Center which came with the TV Tuner card, but it sucks when used with dual monitors. I need a program that can work well with dual monitors and is also good at recording video. Since the TV tuner card matters when choosing the program, I'll mention that I have the TV Wonder Pro card (not the remote control edition). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Vitamin X

There's a ton of great programs out there for this. If you have the balls and time to set up a Linux program, MythTV (or Mythbuntu) works amazingly. That said, your best bet is probably to go with SageTV. Now SageTV isn't the cheapest thing in the world, but it's definitely worth the price from what people tell me especially if you have no desire to mess with Linux and if you really want a full-featured program that's set up for you and easy to use with little to no tweaking involved. Some other recommendations will probably pop up on Google if you search for "homebrew DVR".. There's tons of people out there looking to do that sort of thing!