TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Zoidberg

YOUR Fight Team...MMA Draft!

Chuck and Ace...I dunno. That's up to everyone else. I don't give a shit.

No, I don't think so. Once they are off the board they stay off; at least that's how it's been in the other drafts.

Can we maybe drop the 12 hour rule over the holiday weekend? I'm going to be out of town but I don't want to crap out of the draft.

64_l.jpg

PAULO FILHO

So I don't think it's been clarified yet. Is this current or all-time? I've been going with current, since that's what it seems like everyone else has been doing.

It's whoever you want. All-time, current...if you have a strong hunch that some Brazilian baby is gonna be awesome in 20 odd years, by all means.

It's 24 hour timetable now. I don't think it was ever 12 hours, but it's 24 hour timetable. Meaning you have 24 hours after the person before you to make your pick. You don't have to wait that long.

It's whoever you want. All-time, current...if you have a strong hunch that some Brazilian baby is gonna be awesome in 20 odd years, by all means.

It's 24 hour timetable now. I don't think it was ever 12 hours, but it's 24 hour timetable. Meaning you have 24 hours after the person before you to make your pick. You don't have to wait that long.

12 hours has been the standard most drafts have gone by with the exception of the Desert Island Album one. I'm just sayin'

12 hours has been the standard most drafts have gone by with the exception of the Desert Island Album one. I'm just sayin'

Touche, good sir. Touche.

A bit too early, I think, but whatever. Best welterweight outside of the UFC that hasn't gotten fucked up by GSP:

Jake "I don't feel like dancing" Shields

194540604_1f5ae1b8eb.jpg

A bit too early, I think, but whatever. Best welterweight outside of the UFC that hasn't gotten fucked up by GSP:

I think my #3 pick disagrees with you.

I'm going all TUF 1 with my next two picks.

#3 - Diego "The Nightmare" Sanchez

3653-DiegoSanchez.jpg

#4 - Kenny "Ken-Flo" Florian

kenflo.jpg

Both have REALLY stepped up their games lately. And you have to credit their losses (Diego's 2 in a row and Kenny to Sherk) to be the reasons why. Both are monsters in BJJ, stand-up is improving every time they go out and both have killer GNP.

I think my #3 pick disagrees with you.

Then your #3 pick is telling us something that we didn't know, because Sanchez is still in the UFC, no?

OK, my next pick is probably not a top fighter anymore. Personally, I don't like the guy, but hell, I've picked Dallas' #81 in football before, and I had Vince Carter on my basketball team, so, you know, whatever.

Matt_Hughes_004.jpg

Matt "Asshole" Hughes

Damn spell check at work.

Anyway, I still believe Diego can take GSP. I don't think he has enough power to knock him out and if he does take him down and try to pound him out, Diego will gain control. Everyone going into GSP/Serra II believed that Serra's only chance was taking it to the ground, but he didn't really do much because GSP was just so much bigger than he was. Diego is the same size as him and he doesn't really lose too much in the strength department. He can push the pace standing (which GSP hasn't handled well in the past - Serra I) and on the ground.

I think Diego is the perfect opponent to beat St. Pierre.

Damn spell check at work.

Anyway, I still believe Diego can take GSP. I don't think he has enough power to knock him out and if he does take him down and try to pound him out, Diego will gain control. Everyone going into GSP/Serra II believed that Serra's only chance was taking it to the ground, but he didn't really do much because GSP was just so much bigger than he was. Diego is the same size as him and he doesn't really lose too much in the strength department. He can push the pace standing (which GSP hasn't handled well in the past - Serra I) and on the ground.

I think Diego is the perfect opponent to beat St. Pierre.

Can you pass me some of that shit you're smoking?

There was no way I can see Diego being able to takedown GSP. And although his striking looked good against Luigi Fioravanti... Luigi isn't GSP.

Never said Diego would take GSP down. By all means, GSP has great wrestling ability and he looked good tossing Serra around (then again, tossing somebody who is almost half your size will always look good). But what can he do AFTER he takes Diego down? He can't roll with Diego and if Diego wants to get back up, I'm sure with his scrambling ability, he will.

Diego has always had good, crisp striking. Thing was, he looked so out of place doing it. But against Luigi, he looked very comfortable and threw in some kicks and knees. GSP doesn't have the power to knock him out, can't pound him out on the ground, and more than likely, won't catch Diego in a submission.

he looked good tossing Serra around (then again, tossing somebody who is almost half your size will always look good).

How about out wrestling, Josh Koscheck, Matt Hughes, Karo Parisyan... Are they half of GSP's size?

But what can he do AFTER he takes Diego down? He can't roll with Diego and if Diego wants to get back up, I'm sure with his scrambling ability, he will.

Maintain top position and ground + pound, like Jon Fitch did. Diego had problems sweeping Fitch... GSP is a stronger wrestler then Diego.

Diego has always had good, crisp striking. Thing was, he looked so out of place doing it. But against Luigi, he looked very comfortable and threw in some kicks and knees. GSP doesn't have the power to knock him out, can't pound him out on the ground, and more than likely, won't catch Diego in a submission.

His striking is not as explosive as GSP, nor does he have the one punch KO power like Matt Serra does to knock out GSP... GSP would pick apart Diego on the feet. Like I said, Diego's striking looked good against Luigi... But when has Luigi ever been known as a stand up fighter instead of a wrestler with very basic stand up?