TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
panthermatt7

SPIDER-MAN 4

In order to make Spiderman 4 not suck they need to do one simple thing; not hire anyone involved with the previous films. See, super easy.

I don't see how you can say that. Spider-Man 2 is one of the best superhero films ever. I'd much rather see another Raimi film than have them bring in some hack like Brett Ratner or Paul WS Anderson.

I've had a pretty decent idea for Spider-Man 4 since the 3rd one came out, the issue is that it's a big lead up to an entire new trilogy. Main villains in 4 were Lizard and Kraven, like multiple people have suggested, but there's alot of set-up and shit for Carnage in 5.

In order to make Spiderman 4 not suck they need to do one simple thing; not hire anyone involved with the previous films. See, super easy.

Wow, you are WAY off the mark.

Is it too hard to imagine Spiderman 4 might just work alongside Marvel Films to reference other stories going on in the universe. I know different studios own the rights to the films, but Spiderman is such a big part of that world to have him AWOL is a bit strange.

Would Marvel have to pay to get it back? Or was the deal just that Sony had exclusive rights for X number of years, at which point it would default back to Marvel?

I thought I heard something like that, but I could be way off.

They can't use Carnage otherwise Spider-Man would HAVE to be Rated R if you want Carnage properly done since you know...he violently kills people. Best to leave him out.

Ever since the Vulture rumors surfaced after Spidey 2 Ive always wondered how the hell they could him off.

I mean...hes lame as hell.

I was never much of a Vulture fan myself until they introduced the sleek cyber suit that sucked people's youth to make the Vulture young. That was cool!

I just like Willem Dafoe.

Indeed. He could still come back since they explained in the comics that The Green Goblin returned because the Goblin serum healed his wounds / organs from the Glider impalement. Maybe all that time that he was talking to his son in the mansion, it wasn't Harry hallucinating after all.

What are you people smoking? From Spiderman 1, they missed the mark.

Spiderman was who Peter Parker wished he could be. The hero, the guy who gets the girl, the winner, in short, everything Peter wasn't. They never made Peter look weak enough to make Spiderman stronger in contrast. Yeah Parker is smart, but that was his only positive aspect, and no one cared! It was a fantastic contrast. I just never saw that Spiderman was Parkers release from himself in the movies.

Spiderman 2 was good for the last 45 minutes or so only, but when you rip off the story of Jesus and general conflict resolution, it's hard to screw it up. Thats the only nice thing I can say about all 3 movies.

Now as for three....unless you're a 14 year old girl, crying in a corner cause your "boyfriend" dumped you, cutting yourself listening to Hawthorne Heights, you would realize that movie SUCKED BALLS, cause that's who that movie was made for. Everyone freaking cried but Venom. Fuck that. That movie was a god damn emo fest top to bottom. I was never in awe of Venom, which the comics did numerous times. Sandman was a pussy, and Peter going "black" with an emo hair cut and eye liner, was just retarded. Yes the symbiote makes him more aggressive, but making him look emo was not needed. And how freaking hard would it have been to make Harry the Hobgoblin over that ugly, whatever he was.

To me, the movies didn't do a good job in making me believe that these people were playing characters I've spent years reading about. I know it's hard to condense 30 plus years of comics into a 2 hour movie, but if you can't properly portray who these characters are, then you've failed in your job as a film maker to capture the essence of what something is. Peter Parker is a loser of the highest caliber, and I never felt that in when Toby was playing him. And since he screwed that up, he could never portray Spiderman as who Parker wished he could be.

And I know I'm completely in the minority here because those movies made umteen millions of dollars, but whatever.

I'd like to think, in a way more happy world, Vince and Bret will come out together, hug, say it's all a work, Owen walks out, and while it's messed up they did it, I'd be happy Owen was still with us. Of course Eddie then appears on the Titan Tron and says, "Ha-ha, you fools, we're really all just in hell together."

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Carnage as a possible villain, what with Venom disappearing/dying at the end of Spider-Man 3. Really, I hope they save that and maybe finally do the Lizard, with Kraven or whoever else (as was suggested earlier in the thread). They could throw in someone like Rhino or Scorpion if need be.

Going back to the Avengers for a moment, I'd love if they went really old school and had Namor teaming up with the Hulk, and the Avengers having to deal with that combo. Especially if Namor acts really arrogant and prickish like in the comic books.

They can't use Carnage otherwise Spider-Man would HAVE to be Rated R if you want Carnage properly done since you know that he violently kills people. Best to leave him out.

That's not true, but you'd have to be creative about how to approach Carnage in a PG-13 film. Show the aftermath of his destruction, or do cut-aways to other people's reactions as he does his work. Carnage presumably ripping someone in half and seeing blood fly onto a person's face from it would be effective enough...

But yeah, I'd prefer a Rated-R carnage movie, but it ain't gonna happen.

Having Doc Connors somehow finally become the Lizard after all the teases, and Kraven show up to capture the "big game", leaving Spidey to deal with both messes, could work.

You COULD do the Vulture in there too, but 3 villains is overkill. Only other thing I could suggest is have Vulture and Spider-Man getting into it for the first half, and that lures Kraven after them both for the second half and climax. Meanwhile we get a side story Doc Connors turns into the Lizard (just once in the movie) and Spidey/Peter helps to cure him. By the end of the movie they think they have the cure, but before the movie ends he starts changing back, setting up the fifth one.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Chameleon in one of the movies. Always liked him.

...just not with Rhino.

Whatever villain they use for the next film, it should be *one*, he should be bad ass as hell and he should *not* die at the end. They've already killed off his two greatest foes, take a page out of Batman Begins people. The villain could then possibly be used in the Avengers film, depending whom it actually is.

Actually, they did kill one of the villians off in Batman Begins, but it was Ras Al'Guhl, so he could always come back anyway.

I dave to say, though, that I agree they should stop killing off the villians. I hated that in the original Batman films, and I hate it even more now.

I've wondered in the past if Morbius could work in live action, even if he's not actually the main villian. Granted he's not as well known as Doc Ock or Green Goblin, but if done right, he has potential.

What about Mysterio?

All depends on costume design. The fish bowl head has the potential to be laughed at the moment it appears on screen.

Working in tandem with another villian would probably be the best chance for Mysterio.

Anyone else concerned that the Spider-Man franchise heading the same way as the 1989-1997 Batman franchise?

The first two films are great, the third is mostly bad and the fourth one is really, REALLY bad?

Batman Forever was the Batman film the studios wanted, it was kid friendly while at the same time being slightly dark.

Some old-yet-new news on Spider-man 4, from Yahoo:

Spider-Man 4: Tobey Not a Lock???Yet?

Ted Casablanca

Fri Sep 5, 1:33 PM ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) - Call it the battle of the contractual web weavers. Tobey Maguire's very interested in doing the next Spider-Man sequel, sure, and now there's word today that the deal is done. Not true at all, blab several top sources on the project, who say the news about Spidey 4—and maybe 5—is jumping the gun.

These film insiders insist that the Tobey sealed-up talk is "premature," though it does look like Maguire is headed toward putting on that sexy suit again. Tobe-doll made roughly $17 mil on the last flick alone, minimum, right? What idiot wouldn't for that kind of loot?

Here's how it's going down:

Maguire's very much into the gig and has done three flicks so far in the franchise that's made, what, 2 or 3 billion bucks worldwide? Yep. But as happened before, negotiations for Maguire's participation in the Sam Raimi series have been, uh, challenging. "He is not the pleasant person to deal with," insisted a knowledgeable contractual-type most familiar with Maguire's past Spidey goings-down.

Word, whether accurate or not, is being put out that Sony just might not be interested in retaining Mr. M's involvement, should he take too long in deciding if his poker-playing BUTT wants to stay with the Spidey family or not.

Then, wham! This silken-spun spittle today that Maguire's all scared and a "lock" on the pic. Not so, gab my blabbers. Also, sources at Sony confirmed Maguire is by no means a lock yet. Additionally, a rep for Sony screamed bloody spidey bites that the studio has never looked at another actor besides Maguire for the lead.

Too bad. Always wanted to see how Tobey bud Jake Gyllenhaal's ass would look in that getup, but then, that's another item, isn't it?

This doesn't suprise me at all. I think, for the next flick, they need to find a new actor for Spidey anyway.