TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maztinho

Things that Amuse or Please You

Guest The Elements of Style

I don't know, skateboarding seems like something that stops being cool after a certain age. I mean, it's not a viable mode of transit or anything. I'd have to think the well runs dry eventually and then you move on with your life. Maybe I just don't have your California cool.

I saw this really hot blonde sorority-type girl riding a skateboard a couple months ago. She was with a stupid looking skater dude who I thought at first had to just be some guy who was teaching her how to skate or whatever. Then they started holding hands and I just got totally confused/disheartened.

My buddy pretty much only gets around by skating and taking the trains. He has a perfectly good car, too. He just prefers riding a skateboard.

I, on the other hand, since getting married, have cut down on skating significantly. One of my other friends has stopped completely. It's one of those things where you're either in it for the long haul and do it as a career, or you do it for fun until you don't have time to do it anymore. I'm the latter.

Guest The Elements of Style

I am a total square. I know.

At what point does skateboarding cease to be socially acceptable in general? Can you still do it at 25? 28? 30? 35? 40?

25 - yes

28 - yes, but a little odd to people if that's all they do.

30 - sure, if you're pro

35 - you better be pro

40 - pretty weird, mainly because your knees will probably be absolute shit by then

In my eyes, it's fine no matter what age you do it, as it's just pure fun.

A lot of people still see it as a "kid's toy," but it's better than video games, ya know? I mean, at least we're going out to get exercise and experience real life. I mean in the eyes of others. I'm not knocking on video games or people who play video games. Shit, I looooove me some games.

Yeah, but he doesn't skate anymore because of his knees (and the fact that he has kids and doesn't need the money anymore.)

Being a 40 year old skater is still fine in the skating community, but it's considered weird by everyone else.

hey, do skaters act like jerkoff surfers if they don't know you? like if you go in the wrong "territory" to skate is it all, "What you doing here, fag, BRAH, etc?" because that shit seems to happen whenever I go somewhere else than Bolsa Chica to catch waves. Just wonder if it's the same with fucking skating.

I've only ever experienced that in Santa Cruz, but everywhere else, skaters are very nice and polite. We see no reason to be assholes to people just because we're sharing a spot.

Seriously, what the hell is the point? I never understood that.

I've always wanted to get one of those kids skateboards from Zellers, put on a shit load of protective gear, go to a skatepark and just move really slowly/constantly fall down where people are trying to skate.

That's one of my bits for my TV show along with putting a sheet over my head (Like a ghost, not like a KKK member) and running around a church during service.

I've always wanted to get one of those kids skateboards from Zellers, put on a shit load of protective gear, go to a skatepark and just move really slowly/constantly fall down where people are trying to skate.

I don't see anybody really having a problem with that. Some park Nazi's might give you shit, but everyone else will just try and avoid you and shit.

If you REALLY want shit, wear rollerblades to a skatepark and get in everyone's way. As long as you're on a skateboard, you probably won't have a problem.

i like to watch the skateboard kids. with binoculars. from my windowless van. behind the school...

i like to watch the skateboard kids. with binoculars. from my windowless van. behind the school...

So with your binoculars you have a fantastically sexy view of the inside of your van? What with it being windowless and all.

I use old school four wheel roller skates. They're white and purple, too.

Four-Wheel Roller Skating > Cure for AIDS, Cancer, Leukemia, Common Cold, etc. combined

Seriously, I spent every Saturday from the age of seven through ten at the roller rink, skating to "Girlfriend" by Pebbles, eating shitty pizza and playing Gauntlet. I had four birthday parties in a row at three different skating rinks. I say this not because it's something to brag about, but because I feel sorry if your childhood did not resemble mine. Unless your parents owned a roller skating rink, of course.

I use old school four wheel roller skates. They're white and purple, too.

Four-Wheel Roller Skating > Cure for AIDS, Cancer, Leukemia, Common Cold, etc. combined

Seriously, I spent every Saturday from the age of seven through ten at the roller rink, skating to "Girlfriend" by Pebbles, eating shitty pizza and playing Gauntlet. I had four birthday parties in a row at three different skating rinks. I say this not because it's something to brag about, but because I feel sorry if your childhood did not resemble mine. Unless your parents owned a roller skating rink, of course.

My parents didn't. But one of my buddies I used to hang out with all the time did. SCORE! Although it was kinda far away, so we didn't get to totally run wild all the time, but I spent enough time in there to be all kick ass and stuff. I wonder if I still have the high score on BattleToads there?

Me, Rob (Excyde singer), and Eric (drummer) running around the band studios, looking for people practicing in their rooms, with a foam skull on a wooden stick made to look like a vertebrae (a cheap Halloween decoration) to stick into their doorway to weird them out, only to find nobody else practicing at the time but us. It sounds lame as fuck, but hot damn was it funny at the time.

I used to skate.

I could go along and ollie standing still.

But nothing more.

It now sits in my cupboard collecting dust.

Stoopid "sport".

My friend has a pet rat and on occasion it will try to groom its back while standing on its hind legs and fall over. And it's a slow fall too. For those of you who watch Family Guy, it looks like the Mayor Bee fall. It's quite adorable.

My friend has a pet rat and on occasion it will try to groom its back while standing on its hind legs and fall over. And it's a slow fall too. For those of you who watch Family Guy, it looks like the Mayor Bee fall. It's quite adorable.

Pet rats are awesome. My 5th grade class had one, and it was the cutest thing.

Pet rats are awesome. My 5th grade class had one, and it was the cutest thing.

Amen to that! Clever little things too, I miss my Housemates pet rat, he's so selfish getting married and making me move out... think I'll take him to court over the Rat.