TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skywarp!

San Francisco Wants to Pay Tribute to Bush

http://www.allvoices.com/userevents/828257...ancisco/stories

Sewage Plant to be Named after George W. Bush

The self-proclaimed Presidential Memorial Committee of San Francisco, a group of citizens in San Francisco, have taken upon themselves an effort to rename a sewage plant in honor of President George W. Bush. The group is accumulating the necessary signatures to make the name change an initiative on the November ballot in California. So far, they have successfully acquired over 12,000 signatures, at least 7,000 of which have been proved to be legitimate.

The group's organizer, Brian McConnell, said the petition is the result of the group's desire to pay an accurate tribute to the president. "In President Bush's case, we think that we will be cleaning up a substantial mess for the next 10 or 20 years. The sewage treatment facility's job is to clean up a mess, so we think it's a fitting tribute," said McConnell.

However, the Republican party is not taking the news well, and is expected to launch counteractive measures. "It makes me ashamed to be a San Franciscan," said Republican Patrick Dorinson, a former spokesman for the California Republican Party.

Guest Smues

It saddens me that this will probably get the signatures it needs, yet the Washington initative to declare Tim Eyman a horse's ass failed to.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, I love this move. Seeing as how it's in San Francisco, this will most likely pass. This was the funny part, though:

However, the Republican party is not taking the news well, and is expected to launch counteractive measures. "It makes me ashamed to be a San Franciscan," said Republican Patrick Dorinson, a former spokesman for the California Republican Party.

... You're a Republican.. in San Francisco... and THIS makes you ashamed to be a San Franciscan?!

He must be used to saying that by now.