TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Yeah, I can't wait for this.

Does anyone know what's next for these movies? Like, I heard they're gonna do a Magneto flick, but are there plans to do any more movies in the X-Men universe, or are they waiting to see how these movies do first?

I doubt you'll see much more than the Gossip Girl written Young X-Men movie... Hugh Jackman/Wolverine is the biggest thing to come out of the X-Men movies so they may just continue the X-Men franchise, but anyone expecting movies about Nightcrawler or Colossus are seriously pipedreaming right now. :)

What the hell did they do to Deadpool?!?

Gotta start somewhere.

"Ryan Reynolds looks like a guy who went to Party City to get a discounted Deadpool costume. Then left the mask hanging on the rack, right next to an item labeled "dignity"."

Thats sadly what I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Wade didn't get his disfigurement and costume until he joined Weapon X? So maybe what we saw was just the initial start before the program got their hands on him. Which would make perfect sense with his storyline. It's one short from a trailer and we don't know if that is the before or after.

If he stays that way, yeah, I'll be ticked off. But from what I heard, he does become disfigured and into the mask later in the film, which is surprisingly accurate. Considering how much Ryan loves the Deadpool character, I doubt he'd have agreed if they completely destroyed the character.

Eh, you're right. I guess my excitement for seeing Deadpool means I will have to deal with a more sane version first. I'll be happy just as long as Ryan looks at the audience once in the movie and starts talking about chimichanga.

And no I dont think that will happen

Eh, you're right. I guess my excitement for seeing Deadpool means I will have to deal with a more sane version first. I'll be happy just as long as Ryan looks at the audience once in the movie and starts talking about chimichanga.

And no I dont think that will happen

Probably not, but they might let him considering it will be established Deadpool went insane by that point.

Ryan Reynolds is one of those sarcastic dickheads who I think COULD pull off Pool and the wait to see if he does is murder. The trailer seemed to be more about getting people excited for Gambit (who from what I can tell is NOT part of the program and it's just some guy Wolverine meets when he escapes, which again does make sense) and selling the action.

IESB: So, we get teased in the Wolverine trailer with Deadpool, he's a fan favorite, another second tier Iron Man-like character, and Ryan Reynolds has been dying to play this guy for years and I think that's why he even did the cameo because he wants a stand alone film. Any movement there?

TR: Yes and no, I mean, Deadpool is an integral part of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, we are in the process now, of doing all the CG work to create that character at an A +++ level, that's being done in truly as state of the art fashion as possible...

IESB: Scarring and all?

TR: It will be very rewarding for the fans, let's put it that way. It's a high level endeavor because he figures importantly in the movie, so whether he'll spin off into his own movie, if that's what you're asking, I don't know the answer. We will have to see.

Are you sure?

Yes.

A picture that was taken down featured a toy with THAT thing in it and the words under the figure read "DEADPOOL". I wish I had saved it when I saw it.

Wait...wait...found it:

post-5321-1237607618_thumb.jpg

Some sites say that is actually a character named Weapon XI.

Some sites say that is actually a character named Weapon XI.

It could be a bait and switch, because Toyfare had that figure in it's latest issue saying it was the Deadpool figure. Maybe it's Hasbro trying to "play" us.

I hope it is, because that Deadpool sucks.

Sucks? No see, that would be an understatement. That would be a total destruction of the Deadpool character. Cause there is nothing REMOTELY Deadpool about that guy.

It's honestly a little obvious it can't be. He has Wolverine's claws, Cyclops eyes, and at the most MAYBE the body of Deadpool. No way that is Deadpool and if it is, fuck this movie. You don't ass rape Deadpool and I highly doubt Ryan Reynolds would have signed on if it was told that was Deadpool. The guy has a love of the character hardcore and that would be a total abandonment of it.

I don't think that's Deadpool.

According to IMDB, Deadpool and Weapon XI are played by two different actors, and the character with the optic blasts seems to fit the description of Weapon XI (a villain with his powers pulled from various mutants).

Ugh. Simply ugh. I wanted a wise cracking masked Deadpool, not a mouth sewn shut we MAY hear him crack jokes under the mask if he gets a spin-off weird ass stupid Hollywood type creature.

That is just a massive downer. I enjoyed the original Deadpool origin, and this one...uggh. Hopefully it translates better to film and I will give it a chance but I am saddened to see his actual origin get left to the comic book pages and I'm saddened to lose the masked Wade Wilson.

There are several links spawning from the link a few posts up. Ryan Reynolds confirms that that is Deadpool, and he plays both characters.

Tim Riggins is Gambit?!

Looking back there's some many TV actors in this movie I'm finding it hard to swallow. I mean great news for those guys, but... ergh, too many characters from TV shows I've already seen.

.....you know they aren't playing their t.v characters in the movie, right?

Yeah but its always dodgy (at least for me) when a movie has people from an established TV show in it. It degrades the movie. Movie actors into a TV show is fine, but for some reason TV actors into a movie... feels odd.