TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

Manitoba Greyhound Bus Murder

This is one of the most greusome things I've personally heard happen in Canada. Last night or this morning on the Trans Canada Highway in Manitoba, some guy (apparently unprovoked, and didn't even know the victim) stabbed another guy on a Greyhound '50 or 60' times and cut the guy's head off using a 'Rambo style knife'.Here is the story. This is just fucking brutal.

"While we were waiting on the side of the road, [the attacker] was taunting the police with the head in his hand"

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

That's some seriously messed up shit. I wouldn't be able to sleep for awhile after seeing something that gruesome go down.

I'm sure if there was a death penalty in Canada, this guy would be on the express lane to it. There's no way he'll be released back into society and I'll be quite surprised if he doesn't get confined to solitary for the rest of his life.

One time when I was on a bus in SF, this crazy guy tried to get on the bus, and the bus driver (who was a black woman) said to him, "Sir, you're fuckin' crazy. You're not gonna get on this bus." And then he flipped out and started calling her George Foreman and a nigger and all this weirdly racist stuff. Of course, he didn't kill anyone, but he punched a guy.

Yeah this is some sick shit. I can't stomach picturing someone actually getting decapitated. Horror movie effects are one thing.. but to actually see it would be horrible.

Yeah this is some sick shit. I can't stomach picturing someone actually getting decapitated. Horror movie effects are one thing.. but to actually see it would be horrible.

Indeed.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_25342.aspx

Victim Of Gruesome Bus Stabbing Identified

Friday August 1, 2008

By Jennifer Graham, The Canadian Press

aug0108-victim.jpg aug0108-busvictim1.jpg

A long, hot haul working a booth at an Alberta fair behind him, the young carny boarded a Greyhound bus in Edmonton and settled into a back seat for the ride home to Winnipeg.

As night fell and the bus rumbled on toward Portage la Prairie, Man., Tim McLean leaned against a window and listened to music on his headphones while he text-messaged an old girlfriend.

McLean was oblivious to the large man sitting next to him, a hulking figure in sunglasses who had gotten on the bus at the previous stop and first sat up front, but then moved silently to the back.

Neither McLean nor his fellow passengers, who were reading or sleeping or watching a movie in the darkness, could have expected the horror that was about to unfold.

News of how McLean's eerily calm seatmate suddenly exploded in violence on Wednesday, stabbing the young man and then decapitating him, has made headlines around the world.

For those who knew the 22-year-old from Winnipeg, the shock of the unprovoked attack and the horrific stories told by witnesses were almost unfathomable.

"I knew he was coming back from the (exhibition) -- he travels with the ex," explained William Caron, 23, of Winnipeg, one of McLean's best friends since they were in Grade 7 together.

"My brother was supposed to go meet him at the bus depot and he never showed up. And then my younger brother and my other brother went to go to his parents' place to see if they know anything, and they saw a bunch of news people there. And then they asked at his parents' and that's how we found out."

Caron and his wife, Jodi, were among the first to join a Facebook tribute site called "R.I.P. Tim."

"We love you so much," wrote Jodi. "The kids will miss you so much and so will William and I. You were a great person, always happy and loved and had an amazing personality."

"I can't believe this is happening," wrote Leah Dryburgh of Winnipeg. "Tim, you were the best guy ever. You didn't deserve this at all."

In an interview with The Canadian Press, William Caron said his three children loved spending time with McLean, who worked a carnival booth on the summer exhibition circuit.

He said his buddy was a quiet guy who like to socialize with friends and who stayed away from a fight.

"I was completely shocked 'cuz Tim has never been a roughhousing guy. He always kept to himself when there's strangers around."

McLean was a small man -- somewhere around five-foot-four, weighing maybe 130 pounds.

"He was a small little guy," said Caron, starting to get a little angry. "From what I hear, this other guy is three times his size."

But what hurts the most is the randomness of his friend's death -- Caron said he was talking with one of McLean's ex-girlfriends who said she had been texting him until about 10 minutes before the attack.

"He was just sitting there texting her, listening to music on his cellphone," Caron said.

"When he went out there (to Alberta), he was just looking for some work. I think just going out for some work turned out to be his worst nightmare."

Vince Weiguang Li of Edmonton is charged with second-degree murder. He was scheduled to appear in a Portage la Prairie provincial court Friday.

That's some seriously messed up shit. I wouldn't be able to sleep for awhile after seeing something that gruesome go down.

I'm sure if there was a death penalty in Canada, this guy would be on the express lane to it. There's no way he'll be released back into society and I'll be quite surprised if he doesn't get confined to solitary for the rest of his life.

He'll be out of jail in five years and be treated for therapy.

...and here's the worthless piece of crap who did the deed:

http://www.cpheraldleader.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1140475

(can't seem to link the image from the page)

The man charged with second degree murder in the bizarre killing and decapitation of a man on a Greyhound bus made his first court appearance Friday morning.

With a bruised face, bandaged hand and clenched fists, Vince Weiguang Li, 40, of Edmonton stood in front of Judge Rocky Pollack in Portage la Prairie provincial court. When asked if he wanted a lawyer, Li did not speak.

Crown attorney Larry Hodgson requested a psychiatric evaluation of the accused, but the judge said Li has the option to seek counsel first.

Li, who appeared to have close cropped hair, with an approximate height of 5’9” and weight of 170 pounds, will appear in court again on Aug. 5.

He was arrested early Thursday morning along the Trans-Canada Highway, about 20 kilometres west of Portage, following a roughly five-hour standoff with police. The accused had remained in the Greyhound bus after he allegedly stabbed the man sitting next to him, 22-year-old Tim McLean of Winnipeg, to death with a hunting knife before brutally defiling the victim’s body.

Thursday afternoon, Staff Sgt. Steve Colwell, a spokesman for Manitoba RCMP, said the motive is not known. Police hoped to learn more once they spoke to the suspect about what was possibly the most gruesome and shocking murder in the province’s history.

Yup, that's how we roll up here.

I just can't understand, for the life of me, how something like this happens seemingly unprovoked. It is just completely wrong.

Edit: This morning in my paper:

The suspect was seen consuming some of the victim's flesh, a police source said, but RCMP would not discuss this.

Jesus Christ Almighty.

Guest Vitamin X
McLean was a small man -- somewhere around five-foot-four, weighing maybe 130 pounds.

"He was a small little guy," said Caron, starting to get a little angry. "From what I hear, this other guy is three times his size."

Li, who appeared to have close cropped hair, with an approximate height of 5'9" and weight of 170 pounds, will appear in court again on Aug. 5.

Geez, exaggerate much? Dude wasn't that much bigger. What an awful crime, though. Canada outlawed the death penalty, didn't they? This is what we keep it around for, in the States.

"Can't do the time... do the crime in Canada!"

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised 15 years from now if dude is out somewhere, with a new identity and he's a"cured".

I think the public outcry in this case is enough to get the guy 20 years, easy. Jury's going to be looking to set an example here and that example is that we may tolerate beheadings in certain places but public transport isn't one of them.

In Canada, a person can be declared a "dangerous offender" and imprisoned indefinitely. It's usually reserved for sexual psychopaths, but I believe it can be applied to anyone thought to be an ongoing threat to the public at large.

I'm pretty sure this freakshow is never going to see the light of day again.

I just can't understand, for the life of me, how something like this happens seemingly unprovoked. It is just completely wrong.

Dude was a Carny. He probably conned the guy into investing all his money to get the giant sized teddy bear.

Li, who appeared to have close cropped hair, with an approximate height of 5'9" and weight of 170 pounds, will appear in court again on Aug. 5.

Geez, exaggerate much? Dude wasn't that much bigger.

Well, to be fair this is one of the victim's friends going by what he's heard. It's not like he was there to witness it.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, but although McLean's a small dude, I was thinking man like, three times his size.. You'd think it was like some 6'6", Hoff-sized monster. This is just some fairly normal-looking Asian dude with a slight build.

capt.c4c7f2eef9a642e794d60d9ad603126e.canada_bus_stabbing_wfp101.jpg

Another picture of that scumbag.