TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Smackdown (8/1/2008)

As Edge prepares to face a returning Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell Match at SummerSlam (Match preview …), the Rated-R Superstar will have a mystery guest on "The Cutting Edge" this week on SmackDown. The Ultimate Opportunist will no doubt be talking about his upcoming potentially epic encounter with The Phenom. As Edge plans for his first-ever Hell in a Cell Match, who will his special guest be?

Also on SmackDown, Playboy cover girl Maria will make her SmackDown debut after being drafted from Raw in the 2008 Supplemental WWE Draft. Ever since the draft, anticipation has been building for her appearance on Friday nights, as well as her upcoming feature in Summer Skin. Experience Summer Skin …

As summer continues to heat up, all of SmackDown’s Superstars are focusing their sights on SummerSlam, especially WWE Champion Triple H, who will defend his title against The Great Khali. Match preview …

As the Biggest Blockbuster of the Summer draws near, don’t miss the action on Friday Night SmackDown at 8/7 CT on The CW Network.

Also on SmackDown, Playboy cover girl Maria will make her SmackDown debut after being drafted from Raw in the 2008 Supplemental WWE Draft. Ever since the draft, anticipation has been building for her appearance on Friday nights, as well as her upcoming feature in Summer Skin. Experience Summer Skin …

:lol:

From JR's blog:

Friday Night Smackdown has one of the most compelling endings that I can recall in years. The show, as a whole, has a fair amount of wrestling, some many of you will enjoy and, naturally, some that some of you won’t….same as always. I do know that Kennedy vs. Benjamin was a solid, two segment wrestling match while "The" Brian Kendrick continues to impress. Jeff Hardy vs. The Great Khali certainly had its moments between two wrestlers with completely opposite styles. But back to my original point, the build to the last segment of Friday Night Smackdown is intriguing and the payoff is one of the most memorable moments on WWE TV in a long time.

I don't read spoilers, so that sounds interesting to me.

I loved the almost teared up, pissed off face Edge was making there. It help make the promo.

And that did look like a pretty unfriendly fall on his leg, but hopefully nothing to serious.

Yeah, that was a "segment of the year candidate" for sure.

The Brian Kendrick reminds me an awful lot of Mitch Hedberg in appearance.

Yep, you're right. I've thought the same thing as well.

I find it odd how Kendrick is all of a sudden one of my favorite characters in the business right now. I really hope they don't fuck this up with him.

The Brian Kendrick reminds me an awful lot of Mitch Hedberg in appearance.

Dogs are forever in the pushup position.

This bedroom has an oven in it.

You know, right now there are three men in WWE Creative who need to be replaced by us.

This Smackdown show was pretty fun. The best they've had in a while, and that promo at the end was awesome. I haven't really liked this new gimmick for Brian Kendrick though. I just don't think he's the right kind of guy for it. Still, its Brian Kendrick getting a push, so it can't be all bad. I really hated that they added "The" in his name though. It reminds me of that awful "The" Austin Starr gimmick in TNA.

Anyone else think Big Show looks like he's put back on a lot of the weight he had lost when he came back?

Yeah, I was thinking when he raised his arms that his arms look smaller than usual, then I noticed it's because his gut his getting bigger. I don't know if he's capable of staying in WrestleMania shape on the road.

As for the Kendrick push, I'm all for it but I'm not getting my hopes up . . . after all, JR is marking pretty hard for the guy, that'll hurt him.