TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

How strong are you?

I have a strong desire to beat the shit out of a small child. I'm not sure why... maybe because it would be easy.

It's like that Louis CK bit about taking his daughter for ice cream when she had a black eye, and people assumed he hit her. "It's like, if I hit her, she wouldn't have a black eye! She would just be decimated! She has no defenses, none!"

I guess the thing that separates us from a lot of other people is the ferocity and ruthlessness in which we would fight those little bastards. Because I'd fight with exactly the same vengeance that I would fight someone my own age or older.

You know those people who are legitimately prepared for a zombie apocalypse and actually pretty bummed out that it probably won't happen? Yeah, that's me. And that's one reason why... zombie children. Fucking fun.

Either some people on this board are telling a few little lies or this board is just incredibly strong. Here are the average bench presses for males (this is a one time press):

Age 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-59 60-69

Lbs 180 158 143 128 116

The average bench press for a male between ages 20 and 60 is 145 pounds or 65.7708937 kilograms

Considering most of you are in the age 20-29 range anything over 190 would be very good. Anything over 200 would put you in the top 15% of people in that age range, and anything over 250 would put you in the top 3% of people aged 20-29.

If we're having a semi-serious discussion here, I max out at 235 on the bench.

I can grab and pin a hog.

I was in a greased pig catching contest in the 1991 Illinois State Fair. That shit is difficult.

RE: Running- I can go at a 10+ mph pace for quite some time without getting winded, but my knee problems (combination of being fat from age 7-19 and bad genetics) makes running and leg workouts very unpleasant.

25 kids. I was ambivalent about how hard and dirty I'd fight against a bunch of five year olds. And I think the questions about weight and balance knocked me down a bit. It doesn't have a difference between Steven Segal fat, John Goodman fat, or Guiness Book of Records fat, it all just says "overweight".

I'm oddly inconsistent when it comes to various exercises. Bad on a treadmill, good on a rowing machine. Bad on curling motions, good at pushing weight straight up or out. Like, I can do a dozen reps on an overhead press machine lifting my own body weight with no problem, but trying to curl even 40 or 50 pounds leaves me feelings like I just broke something. Similarly, I've gotten up around 500 pounds on the leg press, but on that machine which I forget the name of where you sit and the bar presses on your shins and you raise it that way, let's just say "way way less than 500 pounds".

25 kids. I was ambivalent about how hard and dirty I'd fight against a bunch of five year olds. And I think the questions about weight and balance knocked me down a bit. It doesn't have a difference between Steven Segal fat, John Goodman fat, or Guiness Book of Records fat, it all just says "overweight".

I'm oddly inconsistent when it comes to various exercises. Bad on a treadmill, good on a rowing machine. Bad on curling motions, good at pushing weight straight up or out. Like, I can do a dozen reps on an overhead press machine lifting my own body weight with no problem, but trying to curl even 40 or 50 pounds leaves me feelings like I just broke something. Similarly, I've gotten up around 500 pounds on the leg press, but on that machine which I forget the name of where you sit and the bar presses on your shins and you raise it that way, let's just say "way way less than 500 pounds".

That's a leg extension machine. The motion/set-up of it is not meant to allow you to do that much weight on it anyway. I'd say if you can consistently do over 100 on it, you're doing very well.