TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

New Clue

Product not selling like hot potatoes (or Mr. Potato...) anymore? The answer to your problems may be a brand makeover. The latest to engage in a major-scale renovation is the classic board game Clue. Hasbro is giving the 60-year-old setting, characters and weapons a modern-day wash.

The mansion is getting a renovation and now has rooms like a spa, theater and guest house, according to NPR, which interviewed Rob Daviau, the man who crafted the campaign. There will also be nine weapons instead of six, losing the lead pipe and adding a trophy, ax and baseball bat. Colonel Mustard is now a former football star and Mr. Plum is a dot-com millionaire.

They went and screwed around with Monopoly and Life, so it was only a matter of time, but honestly I dont know if it bothers me that much. I still have the old versions stacked away somewhere that I never play..

But the knife and bludgeoning people with things is okay? The premise itself is kinda gruesome.

If they're going to change, it would be nice to have a more logical way to play the game, rather than by process of elimination of who holds what cards.

Was there any practical reason for the little props?

But the knife and bludgeoning people with things is okay? The premise itself is kinda gruesome.

Ax takes it to a whole 'nother level than just bopping somebody over the head. I guess a knife could get pretty messy, but an ax? Chopping people into pieces?

My sister owns that PC game. I don't think even Tim Curry could have saved it had he been in it. She also has the SNES Clue game, which was actually decent from what I remember.

I would rather have a scythe than an ax.