TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (8/18/2008)

From PWI:

*Pro Wrestling NOAH Global Honored Crown champ (and former ROH champ) Takeshi Morishima defeated Charlie Haas in a dark match. Morishima, who did not have the GHC title belt with him, came out to the old Orient Express theme song.

Oh snap~! BACKDROP DRIVAAAHHHHH!

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling Punk's reaction won't be as mind blowing as most think.

Even if he didn't, for reasons on his own, the "from Chicago, Illinois" part of his introduction would. Point being, no matter what, his reaction will probably be pretty damn good.

They're in his hometown thats a smart crowd. It should be a pretty big reaction.

I know, but by the time he comes out I just have that feeling that a lot of the crowd's steam will be let out.

It is kinda sad how many title reigns some people have nowadays. Mickie is already a four (and more than likely eventually five) time champ. I know it's a little different since they have only one belt they can really win (Chyna aside) but even Jericho is like an 8 time IC champ and some guys have numerous tag title reigns (some with completely different partners).

They're in his hometown thats a smart crowd. It should be a pretty big reaction.

I know, but by the time he comes out I just have that feeling that a lot of the crowd's steam will be let out.

I agree, and it was likely done for this reason.

Conspiracy Theory #1342

Harly was a big part of Punk's early career...suppose he is going to do something tonight? That could be cool.

Chicago isn't far from his home-base and since Morishima worked the dark match, that's probably why Race was there.

Yeah, they couldn't be trying to pop the second hour ratings. They're trying to sabotage Punk's title reign.

Perfect sense.

Yeah, they couldn't be trying to pop the second hour ratings. They're trying to sabotage Punk's title reign.

Perfect sense.

Your sarcasm would be justified if CM Punk was actually a big deal.