TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

demo.jpg

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
360, PS3
Release Date: 19th September

Played the demo this morning, its only about 15 minutes long or so, but gives a good insight to how the game will work. I had fun with it and will probably get the game when it comes out. The combo moves are pretty cool and hopefully there's a lot to keep you going so you won't get bored of the same animations over and over again. I didn't see any of the moves in the below move when I was playing.

This is one of the few games that I blindly pre-ordered a month ago. That said, I'm definitely downloading the demo after work tonight! :P

On one hand I wanna wait and not touch this till it comes out, but on the other hand, Star Wars games are so hit and miss I think I better jump at the chance to sample the game to get a feel for if it is something I am going to want a bigger piece of in about a month.

Channeling the force lightning into your saber and ripping into people is way too much fun.

That and picking up tie fighters and crashing them into other tie fighters.

OH! ..and lifting people up, throwing my saber into them THEN throwing them into oblivion or into someone else...

On another forums folks referred to it as Psi-Ops with a Star Wars skin, but not controlling as well.

I can't d/l the demo, anyway, though (silver). :P

Channeling the force lightning into your saber and ripping into people is way too much fun.

OH! ..and lifting people up, throwing my saber into them THEN throwing them into oblivion or into someone else...

How do you do THAT?

How do you do THAT?

For 360 (don't know the schematics for ps3):

Lock onto a target and levetate them into the air..after doing so, press X so that you throw the saber into them then just throw the body away.

Played through the demo late last night. Really cool, although I could see how the gameplay could get repetative, tedious, and redundant after awhile, however since I have no idea the mission structure and what each mission will entail it is too soon to make too big of a judgement.

James Earl Jones too busy not working to provide his voice?

Also, though I blame myself and not the game, I couldn't control objects I force-pulled very well. I'd want to chuck a tie-fighter or large piece of metal at some jerks but it would go backwards.

IMDB says Vader is voiced by some dude named Matt Sloan.

I'm about to finally try the demo. I've been eagerly anticipating this game ever since it was announced. Dark side FTW!

James Earl Jones can't do the voice forever.. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the guy and that voice IS Vader to me.. but something about it in ROTS didn't sit right with me. He was either really rusty or they didn't put enough filters over his voice to make it sound "Vader enough" - that said, whoever's doing the voice in this game sounds fine to me.

Depends on what the reviews say.

According to Official Nintendo Magazine (which is usually very good), the controls are fantastic (and make the game better than the other versions) and the presentation is fantastic but its "far, far too short". They also say that the Duel mode is a "nice touch" although it's multi player only. From the peeps i can see in the screenshot (theres 27 of them), it includes Jedi Luke, Aprentice Luke, Mace Windu, Darth Vader, Jedi Anakin, Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Jedi Obi-Wan, Apprentice Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, the guy from this game and the main boss and a load of other background Jedis.

James Earl Jones can't do the voice forever.. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the guy and that voice IS Vader to me.. but something about it in ROTS didn't sit right with me. He was either really rusty or they didn't put enough filters over his voice to make it sound "Vader enough" - that said, whoever's doing the voice in this game sounds fine to me.

It actually sort of makes sense, though as the character was much younger...his voice shouldn't be as deep and sinister.

I wasn't too excited about this game until I played the demo. It's great...it feels like Star Wars, and you can do some pretty hilarious stuff with the environment (ie force tossing a box out a window, watching a bunch of stuff get sucked out into space before some containment doors activate). It's very cool, well worth downloading the demo.

It actually sort of makes sense, though as the character was much younger...his voice shouldn't be as deep and sinister.

Good point! :D

I wonder if the final version has an online mode of some sort? How friggin' cool would that be? Think.. MGO but with Force powers instead of CQC. :P

Dubq, this is the perfect thread in which to post pics of your sleeve!

I tried the demo last night. It wasn't mind-blowingly awesome, but it was really good. And it seemed like, based on the clips shown after completing the demo, that the level we were given was the least exciting of all. So the full game should be amazing.

Why is your guy killing Stormtroopers in that picture?

Why do these Dark Jedi always seem to have more powers than Darth Vader? I haven't read much pre-New Hope EU...is Vader capable of using Force Lighting?

I have to admit, this kinda cheapens the Vader mystique for me...I always imagined him personally going around and fucking all these Jedi up, not having some alleged apprentice doing all the dirty work for him...Episode 3 didn't help that idea either.

Why do these Dark Jedi always seem to have more powers than Darth Vader? I haven't read much pre-New Hope EU...is Vader capable of using Force Lighting?

I have to admit, this kinda cheapens the Vader mystique for me...I always imagined him personally going around and fucking all these Jedi up, not having some alleged apprentice doing all the dirty work for him...Episode 3 didn't help that idea either.

Well, the Apprentice is Vader's secret (due to the Sith Rule of Two) so Vader tells him to fuck up everything (including Imperial) that might see him on his missions to keep the news of another Sith from the Emperor. And these missions are really about Vader corrupting the Apprentice and turning him in to a full fledged Sith more than anything I would guess.

Yeah, Vader never really got into the whole Force powers thing, did he? A little Force choke and some saber fighting against old Ben was about it. I've read one possibility that Vader lost some of his Force ability when he became mostly machine (since it's supposed to be something that binds all LIVING things together) and I guess that makes some sense, but I suppose it really boils down to Lucas not having the special effects available at the time to really show him at his best.

Well didn't Vader want to overthrow the Emporer all along anyway? I mean that is why he wanted Luke to join him, so maybe this is just Vader getting on that shit before he was aware he had a son.

Well, the Apprentice is Vader's secret (due to the Sith Rule of Two) so Vader tells him to fuck up everything (including Imperial) that might see him on his missions to keep the news of another Sith from the Emperor. And these missions are really about Vader corrupting the Apprentice and turning him in to a full fledged Sith more than anything I would guess.

Yeah, Vader never really got into the whole Force powers thing, did he? A little Force choke and some saber fighting against old Ben was about it. I've read one possibility that Vader lost some of his Force ability when he became mostly machine (since it's supposed to be something that binds all LIVING things together) and I guess that makes some sense, but I suppose it really boils down to Lucas not having the special effects available at the time to really show him at his best.

That makes sense on the apprentice thing, CV...I guess I can see that. Maybe he viewed this apprentice in the same light he would eventually view Luke?

I did read in one of the books about the idea that turning more machine than man may have stripped some Vader's powers, just can't remember which book...the Thrawn Trilogy, perhaps?

Dubq, this is the perfect thread in which to post pics of your sleeve!

I tried the demo last night. It wasn't mind-blowingly awesome, but it was really good. And it seemed like, based on the clips shown after completing the demo, that the level we were given was the least exciting of all. So the full game should be amazing.

I know I know, I keep forgetting to take new pics to post to that tattoo thread. ;p

Well, here a couple links in the meantime. Older pics.. circa January, I think. So there's more colour in there now.. ;)

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-...146406_1341.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-...140460_2590.jpg