TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

1. The AI is able to cheese the living fuck out of you. I hate getting shot then falling over and once I get back up again...I get shot again and fall back down and then this repeats a few times. Thinking about that, I also hate the little fucks with the stun guns as well. They do the same bullshit.

This is my second gripe outside the screen-tearing. The second level drove me fucking nuts.

The most annoying thing I've ever done in a video game happen in this game.

Pulling down the Star Destoryer, has got to be the most annoying thing I've ever fucking done. So for those who haven't done it yet but are reading the spoilers this is what you have to do. After taking out a wave of tie fighters, you get the chance to pull down the Star Destoryer. To do this, you have to line it up correctly by adjusting the Left and Right thumb sticks. There's a little red light, letting you know that you don't have the correct position yet and have to keep adjusting the star destoryer. Once it's adjusted, the red light turns to green and I guess if you hold it in the right spot correctly, you get to start bringing down...well until another wave of Tie Fighters show up then you have to take the wave out again and pretty much start all over.

Here's where the problems begin.

1. Taking out the wave of Tie-fighters. You can do this by trying to force lock on to them and throwing the Tie-fighters or you throw a barrell at them. But if you decide to throw the barrell well guess what, if you don't throw it at the right time, the game forces you to throw it at a radio tower. Yes even if you're not aiming at the tower, for some reason the barrell will still fly that way. Later I realized just double jumping and using Force Lighting when a tie-figher is nearby is a hell of a lot easier than throwing the barrell or trying to force throw the fuckers.

2. The left and right analog stick meter. So the way this works is a little picture of the left and right sticks pops up, which tells you which way to point each stick. If a stick is in the center position, there's nothing that you have to do with that stick. So you would think when the left and right stick are both in the center position and you're not suppose to move the sticks, the light would go from red to green and you can start pulling down the Star Destoryer...wrong. Instead the Star Destoryer moves and now you have to re-position it all again.

Because of the stick positioning guide was really really FUCKING wrong, I spent a good 40 minutes trying to pull down the destoryer because in the middle of trying to make the Star Destoryer be in the right position, a new wave of Tie-Fighters would come at me and I would have to stop pulling the Star Destoryer down and have to deal with the Tie-fighters so I wouldn't die and I would have to start the whole process over again.

Biggest waste of time and most annoying thing I've ever done in a video game.

I beat the game a little while ago. Overall I liked it. I like the story and the action of the game, but there were so many things wrong with this game it's not even funny. The annoying glitches and also the frustrations of certain things. Don't get me wrong, I like a game that is an actual challange but the way certain things are done, shouldn't be frustrating to the point where you just want to stop playing altogether.

I honestly just say this is a rental until some patches come out for it. The game testers who work for Lucas Arts should be fired and blackballed.

I agree on the Star Destroyer but I did find that if you push the right stick one way or another (preferably up) for longer it makes the move easier and you can

pull it down a bit before the next wave

. My problem is that during the Raxus Prime # 2 and Final Level the Secondary Objective/Level Score & Holocrons Collected aren't registering.

So far, this game has frozen up on me twice and I got stuckin a pile of rubble once, causing me to restart my 360. Also, I've noticed the graphics are a bit choppy.

It's a fun game, but I agree- we need some patches stat.

Yeah I bought it on Friday. I've only had a quick blast on it but it's a lot of fun. The graphics are not great but it doesn't stop it being playable. The controls work like a treat (they are really fun) but Duel Mode is a bit of a dud. It's just about who can swing the fastest - and Luke can shoot lightning. What's that all about?

But overall, the Wii version is definatly worth playing. It's all depends on if you can live with the PS2 quality graphics.

Well, sat down, pulled an all-nighter for no real reason and beat it. It's an OK game, but I'd put it firmly in the "rent" category. The ending is necessary I suppose but I didn't like it, and I got sick to death with all the can't block always hit attacks the bosses do (lightsaber toss, the Force Push that they can somehow block but I can't, etc.). I suppose I could go back and find the rest of the holocrons (the thought of a black bladed lightsaber is intriguing) but at this point I'll probably just trade it in when Fable 2 or Fallout 3 comes out.

Oh yeah, Scroby's right, that may be one of the more annoying things in recent video game history. Luckily it didn't take me real long to beat, but it was starting to piss me off while I was doing it.

Frustrating.. is how I would describe this game. I wanted to LOVE it.. but I just can't. Too many flaws.

Asshole AI that really drove me insane at points.

Dumbass instances like the Stardestroyer thing.

No ledge grab. Really frustrating getting knocked off the edge and not being able to get back up.

Recycling of levels. Sure the actual maps may have been different, but how about some variety?

As for the visuals.. I think they're fine and wasn't expecting photorealism to begin with anyway.

I'll keep the game, because I'm a huge Star Wars nerd, but otherwise I'll probably never play it again after I get the other ending.

I thought the demo was ok, but I can see it getting old fairly quick. I may pick up the game down the road if I can get it cheap at EB games, but from everything that I've heard so far, I have no intentions on spending $60 for a so-so game.

Don't get me wrong, aside from the gripes above, the story is great. It's nice to actually have something to bridge the gap and be considered official canon. That said, I'm not sure where they can go from here. Is this a one-off game? It's not like you can make "The Force Unleased 2" or something.. unless it takes place after ROTJ, I guess.

How telling is it that gamestops around here already have used copies of the Wii version?

Because people are fucking stupid.

I really enjoy it on the Wii, I've only played 3 or so hours on it but I'm loving it so far. I really do recommend it for the Wii.

A Gamestop not too far from here already has several used copies of the 360 version. I played the first level on their PS3 demo kiosk, and enjoyed it for the most part. My favorite thing would have to be throwing Wookies through trees and seeing the trees reduced to splinters. BADASS.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/914/914640p1.html

New Content Coming to Force Unleashed

Skywalker, Kenobi and friends will be playable thanks to an upcoming download.

by Ryan Geddes

September 30, 2008 - Can't get enough of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed? LucasArts has you covered. The latest addition to the Star Wars universe will see two rounds of downloadable content before the end of the year on Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network.

The first available download will feature additional costumes and character models for use in the single-player campaign, including Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Kit Fisto. The second round, due later this year, will include a new single-player mission, set in the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant. The Secret Apprentice turns to the Jedi Temple to learn more about his father, and "while searching through the rubble of the destroyed building he must confront his inner demons," LucasArts said in a news release announcing the upcoming content.

The company hasn't announced pricing or timing yet for the two downloads.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed tells the story of Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice and has become a huge hit for LucasArts, selling more than 1.5 million copies worldwide in its first week on the market.