TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

HCG diet

Not generally but this is honestly one of the dumbest diets I've ever even heard about.

It doesn't even make sense scientifically. It seems to just essentially be a placebo effect.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Eating 500 calories a day is a placebo effect? That's some Ethiopian shit.

Oh, no. The hormone part of it. Special K is telling himself, "man, this hormone takes away my appetite" and then boom, he doesn't eat. In the same time, he's consuming essentially estrogen which is going to make him fatter and may even make him sprout man-boobs.

Sounds like a winning plan to me!

Look man, hunger pangs aren't something that you can just imagine away. If I was having them I would have shitcanned the diet long before almost 3 weeks.

And everyone assumes I'm just going to fucking binge on Twinkies and Cool Ranch Doritos the first chance I get. Incorrect. I'm already ramping up my physical activity. There's a maintenance plan after the diet, and it's not too lax. I'm fine with that.

Whether or not you think it makes sense, three things are true:

-I've lost a lot of weight

-I've had no hunger pangs

-I'm pissing ketones like a motherfucker, without eating a bunch of fat like on Atkins.

Maybe I'll gain the weight back. But there are plenty of people who don't. Men have gone through three, four of these courses and haven't grown tits.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I think he'll be ok. If he can quit booze, he can lose weight. Cut the guy some slack.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

That's fair.

I lost weight in a similar fashion. That is to say, a whole lot at once, then worked at keeping it off. I didn't use anything strange like gimmick diets or hormones, I just consumed almost nothing but tuna, ramen, and cigarettes and walked everywhere I went. Put back about a third of what I lost in the past five years, but I chalk that up to having money for food and gas. Just takes willpower and sense.

I think we should get weekly weight updates in the eight weeks that follow the conclusion of the diet.

Fair enough! If this diet's a miserable failure, I certainly don't want anyone else doing it.

Well, I've been off a week. gained a few poinds (probably due to taking steroids for a few days, had a BAD flu. Also, all i could keep down was ice cream.) I've been stabilized at 243 for four days, eating pretty well, just watching the carbs and sugar. Keeping calories around 2000. Not bad at all! Still look and feel really good. Went to the gym on a free pass, and I haven't lost any noticeable amount of strength.

Also, I can start working out regularly again in a week, which I'm excited for. (I work out at the company gym, and I'm on assignment away from the office for one more week.)

I've also noticed my eating habits have changed for the better, probably mostly out of habit. The only thing I really crave that I can't have tons of is high-sugar fruits like grapes and watermelon, and juices.

Also, my blood pressure is 118/69. Not too shabby!

It didn't go that well! :o

But at least I just bounced back to the former weight, not any higher. Now I've been doing it the old fashioned way. Healthier diet and lots of cardio. It's more fun anyway. And, y'all told me so.