TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

TNA Impact spoilers for 8/28

Well I think if he was lying about it, somebody would've let us know by now. This isn't like the juice, I'm sure somebody would've outed him by now, if he had did some kind of drugs. Contrary to what you might believe, it is people out there, who have never touched drugs, tobbaco, and alchohol.

Undertaker also got his wife's name tattooed on his throat. When she wasn't his first wife, iirc. And he later divorced Sara or cheated on her or something. My point is, wrestlers tend to lie all the damn time about all kinds of things, and it's never a safe bet to just blindly accept that they're telling you the truth. Especially when it has something to do with the actual business side of the business, like Punk's gimmick.

It made me laugh last week and it still does this week. I love how they are hyping up the PPV as being TNA's first international affair. I mean, yes, it is, but still... it's Canada. Technically, it is another nation, but hyping it as this huge international event is funny to me.

Undertaker also got his wife's name tattooed on his throat. When she wasn't his first wife, iirc. And he later divorced Sara or cheated on her or something. My point is, wrestlers tend to lie all the damn time about all kinds of things, and it's never a safe bet to just blindly accept that they're telling you the truth. Especially when it has something to do with the actual business side of the business, like Punk's gimmick.

Shhhh Kayfabe.

So I didn't catch the show tonight, what was people's overall impression? Was it a good show?

I didn't watch the show, but I saw the Kong match, cuz I always do enjoy Kong killin' a bitch. It also made me wonder about something. When Kong and Sayyeeeaid were beating the fuck out of the jobber after the match, none of the TNA officials tried to stop them. No referees, no security, nothing. Apparently they didn't give a shit if she lived or died. But then when ODB runs in to make the save... a flood of people comes into the ring in order to stop a fair fight?! How does that make the tiniest little bit of sense? It's especially annoying since it's a double-tease which led to nothing. Kong and the terrorist threaten to murder the other chick with chairs, crowd boos. ODB makes the save, crowd cheers. Security quickly makes sure that we can't have no fighting on this here wrestling show, crowd boos again. Even by wrestling standards, this was insulting our intelligence.

And WWE never does stuff like this?

There is nothing wrong with what happened at the end of the match. Jobber loses and heel teases hurting them more until the face that is going to feud with said heel runs out to make the save. Since they are building the feud, the security and refs run out to make sure this doesn't lead to anything. It's a pull apart, which we saw in WWE recently with Cena ad Batista before they had their PPV match. Pull aparts are part of building up a feud, which I'm sure you know.

As far as the show goes, it was an enjoyable show. The two things that stood out to me at the beginning of the show, they actually acknowledged that Gail Kim left on air during the Kong/jobber match. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I can't believe Bashir's theme music, it starts out with the sound of a plane flying and then crashing.

And WWE never does stuff like this?

There is nothing wrong with what happened at the end of the match. Jobber loses and heel teases hurting them more until the face that is going to feud with said heel runs out to make the save. Since they are building the feud, the security and refs run out to make sure this doesn't lead to anything. It's a pull apart, which we saw in WWE recently with Cena ad Batista before they had their PPV match. Pull aparts are part of building up a feud, which I'm sure you know.

Yeah, I know WWE does brainfarts like this too, and yeah I know the business theory behind the segment. I'm just saying it doesn't make sense that they would've sent out people to break up a fair fight between evenly matched opponents, when right before then they didn't send anyone out to save one helpless victim from a merciless beatdown.

it starts out with the sound of a plane flying and then crashing.

Really? Goddamn. It's like "hey, remember how this guy was part of that awful Martyr Angle on the day of the London bombings? Well, we came up with something even worse!". Holy shit that's just reprehensible.

I've never been a fan of the whole "I'm bad because I'm an enemy of the state" gimmick. It didn't get Hassan over, and I don't think it will get Bashir over. I'm afraid he's going to get the X-Division title at the next PPV as well, which would totally suck.

On the pull aparts, I agree its a stupid premise, but remember this is wrestling, a job, sometimes, made up of one stupid premise after another.

The just-posted Observer says that Tomko isn't back full-time. He was just brought in as a name for Joe to beat, and that that's likely to be his role in the future, someone brought in when they need a jobber with name value. His main deal remains the IGF.

I made my feelings about TNA possibly pushing Daivari known in a previous thread. The one thing I'll give him is this however: At least I know the dude is a total heel. That's more than I can say for about 80% of the roster at this point.

You know, when I heard Bashir's theme music play, I could have sworn I heard something like a plane crashing, but I thought I was hearing things. The funny thing is, it drew zero heat. I agree that if TNA actually puts the X-title on him, they have gone WAY too far with pushing WWE rejects. I mean, when you get to the point where your pushing Daivari, thats just silly. I really just think he will have something similar to Rikishi's push last year, as in he wins sometimes, but doesn't really do anything, and then just leaves the company.

Just because a guy was a "WWE Reject" doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a push, it's all dependant if a guy has actual talent (guys like Tomko come to mind) or doesn't (Kip James, etc).

As far as Bashir goes, I have no problem with them pushing him, he's a good talent.....good mic skills and can actually work, was totally devalued in WWE, if you ask me.

I kind of like where TNA is going with this Sting storyline. Problem is I know it will dissolve over time.

Just because a guy was a "WWE Reject" doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a push, it's all dependant if a guy has actual talent (guys like Tomko come to mind) or doesn't (Kip James, etc).

As far as Bashir goes, I have no problem with them pushing him, he's a good talent.....good mic skills and can actually work, was totally devalued in WWE, if you ask me.

Oh, I agree that Daivari is a good worker, but that doesn't mean he should beat their top stars and get the X-title or anything. See with Tomko, he actually established himself in TNA. He wasn't notable in WWE at all, since he was Christian's bodyguard and nothing more, and in TNA, he is actually involved with important storylines and such. The thing with Daivari is, he was actually notable in WWE, so if people see him in TNA, they immediately think of that jobber from WWE, or that guy that was with Muhammed Hassan, and people wouldn't take his push seriously.

Actually, I think they are building Bashir in a good way so people don't think of Daivari when he is on tv. I know that that's going to be one of the first things that internet fans will think of, but the name change is a good start. Calling him something completely different gets people to stop thinking of the WWE reject part of him, at least for a short time. I think he shouldn't be pushed this hard this quick. Let him grow into #1 contender over time instead of just pushing him quickly.

Whatever happened to Doug Williams, I thought I read that TNA had signed him to a deal right before the World X Cup?

He wasn't notable in WWE at all, since he was Christian's bodyguard and nothing more,

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Let us not forget his unforgettable angle with Stevie Richards in a dress.