TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Post a Picture of Your Fridge

Guest Vitamin X

I don't know, it makes my water taste better. You just have to remember to condition the filter when you get it, and replace it every 3 months or so.

That's a shitload of bottled water you have there, Parker. Why not just get a Brita pitcher, it'll save you a lot of time and money.

Every bottle in there has been used and refilled at least 3 times. I didn't even pay for the water to begin with. Nor do I pay for the water on my monthly bills either. It's all free.

I don't know, it makes my water taste better. You just have to remember to condition the filter when you get it, and replace it every 3 months or so.

Oh, I know. I did move from Champaign, IL, which retained it's awesome water from the Mahomet Aquifer (great, just great) to the outskirts of Indy (not so great). If a filter meant that much, then I would have saved an exceptional amount compared to the usual 24-pack (or almost always more) of bottled water I spring for every week. Shitty water is hardly salvageable... or maybe I was spoiled.

Every bottle in there has been used and refilled at least 3 times.

You must love bacteria.

Guest Vitamin X

Oh, I know. I did move from Champaign, IL, which retained it's awesome water from the Mahomet Aquifer (great, just great) to the outskirts of Indy (not so great). If a filter meant that much, then I would have saved an exceptional amount compared to the usual 24-pack (or almost always more) of bottled water I spring for every week. Shitty water is hardly salvageable... or maybe I was spoiled.

I guess Bull Run (our local water supply) really does have great water, but using Brita filters are still better and cheaper than drinking Arrowhead or any of that other crap, which is just imported/non-local tap water in a bottle. You're probably just spoiled or something; I've had water in multiple areas of the country and all of them are better and taste pretty much the same with a Brita filter, which is essentially just charcoal and removes most of the crap that makes water taste bad.

You must love bacteria.

No, I think what Parker was getting at is that he's being environmentally and economically conscious by reusing the bottles, but yeah I guess it depends on the local water supply with regards to if it's safe to drink or not.

You must love bacteria.

You getting it from the Eagle Creek reservoir?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Oh man, the water here is vile, too.

I have a well that taps directly into whatever runs under the town dump. MMMMMMMMMMMMercury!

If anyone here trusts me with their address, I will personally mail you a sample of my wellwater. It's almost undrinkable, and I grew up on wellwater.

When I boil pasta, I get the pan up to a rolling boil, right? I have to skim orange film off the top of the foam.

That is pretty bad, dude. Wow. I can't even imagine that.

By the way, VX, next check I get, I'm gonna go buy one of those screw-on water filters. I imagine the regular filters would be hard to pour into a little bottle. Thanks for the suggestion.

Guest Vitamin X

No problem. I had a screw-on at my house for a bit, until one day I turned it on and then it just fell off, cold-ass water spraying all over the damn place. I had the pitcher since I lived in the shittiest dorm room that ever was, a 100 sq. ft. haunted piece of crap jail cell thing with a sink in the corner, a closet, and a bed. The room also had a mini-fridge with a microwave on top, so my only option at the time was to do the pitcher, then because I had one already I just said screw it I'm not paying $30 for a new one. It only cost $20, with filter included, and I just replace them every 3-4 months which costs $7, or a 3-pack for $15, I think. Considering how much I cook at home, and water plants, and ESPECIALLY with how much water I drink (I'm one of those people who always needs a glass of water next to them at home and if it's empty I flip) it's a hell of a bargain over buying tap water in a plastic bottle.

I'll post mine as soon as I:

1) get new batteries for my camera

2) get rid of any leftover produce that's gone bad so you people don't think I live like an animal

I can't believe I'm about to spruce up my shitty fridge for you people.

2) get rid of any leftover produce that's gone bad so you people don't think I live like an animal

I had to get rid of some peppers and onions that were growing things. You'd think I'd have at least wiped the inside down a little bit. Looks like a fucking Haitian fridge.

Don't think I've forgotten about your promises.

By the way, I'm moving in a few weeks. As soon as I have the opportunity I will post a picture of my new fridge.

I shouldnt have gottenthe faux stainless, I dont have the followthrough to keep it looking halfway decent but it was a clearance model from Lowes cheaper and bigger than I could get elsewhere so I took it.

It even has spiffy ice cold filtered water and ice! Yay.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah Marvin's got the best fridge (the appliance itself, not the products- looks like a lot of junk food to me) here by far. Do you live on your own Marv? That's a lot of fridge for one person, it looks like.

Once we get into a house, I want this style:

8834835_sa.jpg

Not the brand, or the color necessarily, but that style of the fridge on top, freezer in a drawer on the bottom.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

You know what I want? A fridge with the door that opens the other way. A left-handed fridge.

I'm right handed, but every place I've ever lived has had some dumb shit like a drawer that had to be shut to open the fridge, or had to put the trashcan somewhere else. A left-handed fridge door would've solved these problems.

Yeah Marvin's got the best fridge (the appliance itself, not the products- looks like a lot of junk food to me) here by far. Do you live on your own Marv? That's a lot of fridge for one person, it looks like.

You should see how much food I have. I have a large upright freezer stuffed full of frozen meat, frozen meals and vegetables as well that is actually bigger than my new fridge. I dont eat out much, maybe 2 or 3 times a month under normal circumstances, so thats why theres so much food. I also dont shop much either because I stock up the one time I go and its usually enough to hold out for a month or so. I dont drink milk that often and I have that Parmalat ultra pasteurized shelf stable milk for when I need it for cooking. Bread is in the freezer so it keeps since I dont eat a lot of bread either.

Thought I'd toss this one out there for fun. I hastily threw this together as a joke for my friend Bobby (pictured) a while back. I figure that Venkman would appreciate it.

l_b2f5a2fa1c8d8a648f4c5017b5cb5e0e.jpg

Also, Venkman would probably appreciate this as well.