TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

Covering Coverage

Guest Vitamin X

Well, that's good. Who cares? It's a live show, and the rest of the channel is so OFFENDED for the rest of America. Fuck them. I hate censoring naughty words on obviously geared towards adults programming.

Well, that's good. Who cares? It's a live show, and the rest of the channel is so OFFENDED for the rest of America. Fuck them. I hate censoring naughty words on obviously geared towards adults programming.

Well the notable part of that clip is that, ironically, Joe Scarborough is one of those right wing moral majority types who in the past has endlessly bitched on and on about people saying 'bad words' on television.

Guest Israeli Mixed Wrestling

A little "fuck you" on cable television shouldn't hurt anybody. The only word I'd ban is "cunt," because when you say "cunt" there's no turning back.

I've got no problem with it, I just posted it for entertainment value.

I'd just be worried little kids heard him.

Because I'm sure "Morning Joe" ranks really high in the 2-8 year old demographic.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Aren't you a schoolteacher? Surely you realize just how much kids cuss. When I was nine or ten, my potty mouth would've made Vic Mackey blush.

Unless of course you were being facetious.

Well, as far as I know, it's not illegal for swear words to air on cable networks. They just usually don't allow it so they don't get too many people up in arms.

Comedy Central presents some programming unedited on Friday/Saturday late-night telecasts. Of course living on the West Coast and getting an east coast feed from Dish Network, 10pm is not so "late-night" hahaha!!!

FX does, as well. I know that It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is uncensored.

On-topic: Who had the best coverage of the campaign season? Who had the worst coverage? And which network had the biggest gaffe of the year?

Well, as far as I know, it's not illegal for swear words to air on cable networks. They just usually don't allow it so they don't get too many people up in arms.

Yeah, it's not over the air, so the FCC can't give them any puritanical bullshit. Advertisers can choose not to advertise, though. Since the line between over-the-air and cable has been so thoroughly blurred, I don't see why we can't put everyone under the same standard (i.e. let advertiser pressure decide what you can and can't say at what hour) instead of fining every CBS O&O in America for airing an accident in 2004. They're like the low-rent traffic cops of the airwaves, trying to shake everyone down for an extra buck.

Turner Classic Movies has gotten really good about airing movies unedited. I appreciate that.

I love Headline News. Every time I've flicked past them tonight, they've been talking about that idiot who killed themself in front of Paula Abdul's house.

Haha, Nancy Grace just called John Hinckley an idiot. And she's got some reporter live from the 'Paula Abdul Crime Scene'. Awesome.

"How did George W. Bush win twice?"

"I don't know."

Yes, Karl Rove is a complete and total genius and single handedly overcame the vast left wing liberal media conspiracy agenda o' doom. Twice.

What a strangely staged show. It's like watching that old The Sportswriters show, where some grizzled old guys would be sitting at a card table in the dark, drinking and smoking, and then hazing Rick Telander. The addition of the Scottish man makes it all the more surreal. I want more of this.

Oh my gooosh. That made me giggle uncontrollably in my current drunken state. Current Events folder, you have not failed me this time.

Parkz just locked up the second of my ten POTY nominations. That was some stuff.